Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691900 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6705 on: September 23, 2011, 05:41:44 pm »

That'sthejoke.png

I suppose the fact that I was trying to elicit humor through overly literally explaining the joke would only make it deader. My recoveries, they are worse than my actual humor.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6706 on: September 23, 2011, 05:44:49 pm »

There is only one way to cook popcorn.

Thermite.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: September 23, 2011, 05:55:06 pm »

Thermite.

Nah, it's a little too ashy like that.

And the taste is very off.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: September 23, 2011, 09:07:20 pm »

I'M RAGING ABOUT SKYRIM!

These people probably think "Well, let's just release the game and let the modders handle it"
Number of skills, armor, weapons, quests are reduced with each game. I wish we could play Daggerfall with the graphics of Oblivion.

There's probably a mod for that!
There is. Sort of. Still in development, though.
[/post]

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: September 24, 2011, 04:33:38 am »

Magma
Fixed that for you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: September 24, 2011, 10:49:58 pm »

Quote from: Adult Swim
Beginning September 30, 2011, watching full-length episodes on AdultSwim.com and the Adult Swim app will require viewers to log in using the credentials provided by their participating television-service provider.

Video clips and all other content will NOT require login.

For more information, please click here.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: September 24, 2011, 10:50:55 pm »

Quote from: Adult Swim
Beginning September 30, 2011, watching full-length episodes on AdultSwim.com and the Adult Swim app will require viewers to log in using the credentials provided by their participating television-service provider.

Video clips and all other content will NOT require login.

For more information, please click here.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: September 24, 2011, 11:42:25 pm »

My intercultural communications teacher is citing bullshit polls about how '90% of Americans can't find anything on a map, we're multiculturally retarded herp derp' as fact, and assumes that we are all similarly bad at geography. I'm going to be pissed if we spend the next three months learning fuck-all nothing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: September 24, 2011, 11:54:16 pm »

Perform this song, complete with a map. You should probably update it, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: September 25, 2011, 12:25:42 am »

Not only is it missing oodles of countries that didn't exist at the time, it didn't include Vatican City, The Most Serene Republic of San Marino, or Andorra.

But I have asked her if I could just get the first real assignment and start working on it. I'll see how that goes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: September 25, 2011, 12:27:02 am »

My intercultural communications teacher is citing bullshit polls about how '90% of Americans can't find anything on a map, we're multiculturally retarded herp derp' as fact, and assumes that we are all similarly bad at geography. I'm going to be pissed if we spend the next three months learning fuck-all nothing.
There are few things I can stand less than people like that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: September 25, 2011, 12:33:51 am »

Im sure there was a poll someone saying that 80% of people just made up statistics...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: September 25, 2011, 12:39:28 am »

This class is getting more and more frustrating. I just found out we're using VoiceThread for in-class discussions. If you haven't heard of it, it's a web-based communications client that lets a bunch of people record and upload comments in chronological order while simultaneously viewing a powerpoint. Why is this silly? It has literally no advantage over the already built-in text based format that all other online classes at this college use. (Read: a forum.) Some people don't have microphones and have to type everything out anyway to appear in annoying popups. Most people talk like this into their microphones, but later realize their mistake and SHOUT into the microphone. Everyone is at a different volume level. It's hard to pay attention when you have one hand on your volume control knob, hoping your shitty speakers don't blow out when Mrs. 60-year-old-community-college-student starts screaming bloody murder instead of calmly introducing herself. And of course the previous person will whisper into the microphone so that you have to max your volume to hear them. (And then it immediately and automatically jumps to the next comment.)

My intercultural communications teacher is citing bullshit polls about how '90% of Americans can't find anything on a map, we're multiculturally retarded herp derp' as fact, and assumes that we are all similarly bad at geography.
Okay, they might be right about this class. Someone just introduced themselves and said that they'd like to travel to Australia because *giggle* [sic] they like kangaroos *extended giggle* [sic] and the language. (WHA- *facedesk* I was sure yon Aussies spoke English, too.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:50:02 am by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: September 25, 2011, 12:51:20 am »

My intercultural communications teacher is citing bullshit polls about how '90% of Americans can't find anything on a map, we're multiculturally retarded herp derp' as fact, and assumes that we are all similarly bad at geography.
Okay, they might be right about this class. Someone just introduced themselves and said that they'd like to travel to Australia because *giggle* [sic] they like kangaroos *extended giggle* [sic] and the language. (WHA- *facedesk* I was sure yon Aussies spoke English, too.)

Trust me, it's not mutual; for the kangaroos or the language.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: September 25, 2011, 01:05:40 am »

This class is getting more and more frustrating. I just found out we're using VoiceThread for in-class discussions. If you haven't heard of it, it's a web-based communications client that lets a bunch of people record and upload comments in chronological order while simultaneously viewing a powerpoint. Why is this silly? It has literally no advantage over the already built-in text based format that all other online classes at this college use. (Read: a forum.) Some people don't have microphones and have to type everything out anyway to appear in annoying popups. Most people talk like this into their microphones, but later realize their mistake and SHOUT into the microphone. Everyone is at a different volume level. It's hard to pay attention when you have one hand on your volume control knob, hoping your shitty speakers don't blow out when Mrs. 60-year-old-community-college-student starts screaming bloody murder instead of calmly introducing herself. And of course the previous person will whisper into the microphone so that you have to max your volume to hear them. (And then it immediately and automatically jumps to the next comment.)

Nil, sprechen Espanol, oui oui!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 3345