Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691766 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6690 on: September 22, 2011, 08:34:03 pm »

Whenever I go to the Fallout Nexus forums I just rage, there are so many people requesting stupid things. Like "TOUHOU OUTFITS PLZ" or "CAN SOMEONE MAKE A NAKED RESKIN OF SUNNY SMILES?!?!?!?", it pisses me off.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6691 on: September 22, 2011, 09:09:25 pm »

Whenever I go to the Fallout Nexus forums I just rage, there are so many people requesting stupid things. Like "TOUHOU OUTFITS PLZ" or "CAN SOMEONE MAKE A NAKED RESKIN OF SUNNY SMILES?!?!?!?", it pisses me off.

The immaturity of some places.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: September 23, 2011, 11:30:55 am »

I'M RAGING ABOUT SKYRIM!

These people probably think "Well, let's just release the game and let the modders handle it"
Number of skills, armor, weapons, quests are reduced with each game. I wish we could play Daggerfall with the graphics of Oblivion.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: September 23, 2011, 02:11:08 pm »

I'M RAGING ABOUT SKYRIM!

These people probably think "Well, let's just release the game and let the modders handle it"
Number of skills, armor, weapons, quests are reduced with each game. I wish we could play Daggerfall with the graphics of Oblivion.

There's probably a mod for that!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: September 23, 2011, 04:05:32 pm »

I have spent all week trying, and failing, to schedule an appointment for a pre-employment health screening. Today, because of an extremely helpful person in scheduling, I finally figured out the problem. They have my birth date wrong, and that's a piece of information they use for identifying people. Apparently, I'm secretly 4 years older than I thought. Who knew?

DAMN YOU, FUMBLES, GOD OF TYPOS!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: September 23, 2011, 04:14:53 pm »

Damn you microwave! WHY WON'T YOU POP MY CORN!?! muttergrumblemutterhalfabagmuttergrumblegrumble

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: September 23, 2011, 04:23:42 pm »

Damn you microwave! WHY WON'T YOU POP MY CORN!?! muttergrumblemutterhalfabagmuttergrumblegrumble

Stove-popped is much better.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: September 23, 2011, 04:56:57 pm »

Won't that dent your pan?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: September 23, 2011, 04:58:57 pm »

. . . If you cook on the stove with tissue paper, you've got more problems than I can possibly help you with.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: September 23, 2011, 05:08:48 pm »

I prefer using an air popper, but I don't have access to one right now. And the 'corn that comes in the stove popper packages is too expensive in the long run. (That would be the Jiffy pop brand here in the U.S.) Air popped is also much, much cheaper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: September 23, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »

. . . If you cook on the stove with tissue paper, you've got more problems than I can possibly help you with.

This sounds both safe and wise. Although I think a joke flew over my head here.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: September 23, 2011, 05:30:35 pm »

No, it won't dent the pan.

Unless your pan is made of tissue paper. THAT was the joke.

And what about store-brand popping corn? Cheap and still tastes great!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: September 23, 2011, 05:33:12 pm »

Ohhh, gotcha. That makes sense. Although, can you really be said to dent tissue paper? I'd argue it's result more in creasing. And fire.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: September 23, 2011, 05:37:26 pm »

That'sthejoke.png

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: September 23, 2011, 05:40:30 pm »

Bah, the only thing for true popcorn enthusiasts in air popped. Just like my daddy and his daddy before him!
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 3345