Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692432 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6615 on: September 19, 2011, 03:23:11 pm »

The construction update  for the rogue like Cataclysm is out, but I can't get to a computer to download it right now. AAARGGGHHH! WANT!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6616 on: September 20, 2011, 01:09:48 am »

GOD DAMMIT! I haven't even implemented gravity, or anything that would in any way make the Y axis work differently from the X axis. They both follow the exact same logic at this point, so who does one work and the other not? THAT IS SILLY!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: September 20, 2011, 02:25:21 am »

Got completely destroyed in League of Legends tonight  :'(  It's like someone decided to hook up a hundred Stephen Hawkings to a neural net and pit them against normal people (being me and my friends).

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: September 20, 2011, 05:18:12 am »

GOD DAMMIT! I haven't even implemented gravity, or anything that would in any way make the Y axis work differently from the X axis. They both follow the exact same logic at this point, so who does one work and the other not? THAT IS SILLY!
Check your signs. You may be applying right-handed logic to a left-handed system somewhere.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: September 20, 2011, 05:22:34 am »

This camera stuff is a mindfuck.
It would all be fine, if I could live with that annoying cut off scroll effect from the old mario games, but I just can't let that slide.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: September 20, 2011, 05:24:46 am »

Got completely destroyed in League of Legends tonight  :'(  It's like someone decided to hook up a hundred Stephen Hawkings to a neural net and pit them against normal people (being me and my friends).

You were up against SKYNET?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: September 20, 2011, 06:45:01 am »

You were up against SKYNET?
More like HAWKNET
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: September 20, 2011, 10:00:10 am »

You know, since i moved into with my buddy, i come to the conclusion that every party i end up as the damn babysitter for all the drunk bastards around. Kinda fucking stupid as its his house but he drinks himself stupid to the point i carry him to his bed. Last party really got out of hand. Random people showing up from who knows where, drunk host and two others attempting murder on each other, a couple somehow broke into my room and well lets say i didn't slept in there that night (puke and smokes). Oh and the next day figured out some the guys bust into our neighbor's car and stolen some shit. Do i really at this point need to stand outside with my bat when people are leaving? I can't enjoy my night because i end up watching the place by myself (thankfully with some conscious friend/s that can hold their drinks) when the damn host drinks himself silly. Don't host the party if you can't watch it you fucking douche.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: September 20, 2011, 10:50:23 am »

So you have a guy in your house who hosts a ton of damaging parties?  Does he own the place or does somebody else own it?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: September 20, 2011, 11:28:43 am »

So you have a guy in your house who hosts a ton of damaging parties?  Does he own the place or does somebody else own it?
its his parents, i moved in to avoid going to Utah. His mom is getting pissed at this point too as she cleans up after.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: September 20, 2011, 11:38:09 am »

I was going to say "make sure to lock up all your shit" but then I read up.

I hate house parties for this reason alone. You can go your whole life without being burgarlized, but put 20 drunk strangers in your house and you'll walk into your room to find complete strangers eyeballing your stuff.

At least with official thieves you're allowed to hurt them to protect your property.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: September 20, 2011, 11:49:50 am »

I hate house parties for this reason alone. You can go your whole life without being burgarlized, but put 20 drunk strangers in your house and you'll walk into your room to find complete strangers eyeballing your stuff.

At least with official thieves you're allowed to hurt them to protect your property.
not good too, i keep guns in there (thankfully i disable them before parties), but walking into that shit just royally pissed me off. Also giving a ride to some douche i knew back in school with a chick and my buddy. For some odd reason he had all of us cram into his basement, freak the shit out of the chick and i knew for a fact to get the hell out. nice to know hes a creeper as a drunk, got something against him now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: September 20, 2011, 11:56:57 am »

To be fair, with drunks, they won't remember it.

Now then, doing laundry on Sunday, I had to move a generator out of the way to get to the dryer, and I find it was chained to my asshole stepfather's motorcycle, preventing me from moving it. He sees me just as I notice the chain, and tells me that "nobody else had a problem getting around it", and that the reason the generator was chained to the motorcycle was that he didn't want the dogs pissing on it(go ahead, make sense of that). He also told me to be careful moving around the garage(by the way, it's a literal obstacle course of sharp objects to get from the washer to the dryer), not out of concern of my safety, but so I don't scratch the paint on the motorcyle. To hell with scratching the paint, I should cut the goddamn brake lines.
Following this, the creepy guy who lives in the upstairs apartment had left his clothes in the washer and later the dryer for a few hours, keeping me from finishing my laundry until 6:30PM, and I had wanted to start at around noon.
Not only that, but I notice that a bike frame, originally meant for me once it was fixed, had been completely fixed up to my (pleasant) surprise. Today, I see that it's gone.

And yesterday at work, I was sweeping up some leaves from some corn I was handing out, when some woman who apparently has some bullshit authority despite not being staff where I work insults the way I was doing it and yanks the broom from my hand. I decide not take that crap and walk off. Only the manager yells at me for it and tells me in an equally insulting tone to get back to work.

Also, for the last week or so, I've felt something in my nose and sinus, the same exact feeling I get when I have a cold or flu, but that's all I feel. No congestion, no runny or stuffy nose. Nothing. It's pissing me off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:05 pm »

Gamers.

We must be the whiniest, most-demanding, self-absorbed and self-entitled, intractable, hardest to please consumers on this planet. It's surprising to me how gamers can back a dev for YEARS, and that trust pretty much vanishes overnight the instant they change directions. Christ people spend thousands of dollars on their cars and I bet they bitch half as much to the guys that make them as they do to game devs who they've probably paid less than $100 over their life time.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: September 20, 2011, 12:09:11 pm »

I should cut the goddamn brake lines.
I can't be the only one having the urge to say "do it", am I? :/
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 3345