Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692207 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6600 on: September 18, 2011, 04:45:13 pm »

Because technologies has secretly got a major hatred of humanity and wants us all to suffer. :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6601 on: September 18, 2011, 06:48:51 pm »

Er, srand is for seeding the random number generator. You call srand(seedNum); to seed it with a value which the random number generator will use to create random numbers. rand(); actually generates the numbers. Think of the RNG as an alogirthm with 2 inputs: the seed and the number of times it has been run. srand(aNum); effectively resets the number of times and the seed value. rand(); returns a value from 0 to RAND_MAX; to get a number in another range, do a modulus operation. ie: rand() % 20 gives a random number from 0 to 19.

Right. But the number produced by rand using srand is still an unsigned integer. Which is causing havoc whenever I try to use the value generated by rand using that seed (for example, by trying to define an array by [rand1][rand2]). I'm still not clear on integer types, but this was a simple exercise that turned in 5 hours of frustration.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:55:26 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: September 18, 2011, 09:03:14 pm »

Overpowered villians in a Free Form Superpower RPG. It's at the point where I don't even want to play anymore, and the game looked so promising too.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: September 18, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »

Homework rage. My teachers seem to have some coordinated cycle for homework where all the easy assignments are on the same night and all the hard ones the same night. It consistently lures me into this sense of security because the easy days take like, 30 minutes of effort to get all homework done, and they will be in a row for four or five days. Then come hard days, where my mind and soul are reamed by two hours per subject, at least. Barely manageable on weekends, required all-nighter for weekdays.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: September 18, 2011, 09:24:30 pm »

Overpowered villians in a Free Form Superpower RPG. It's at the point where I don't even want to play anymore, and the game looked so promising too.
Yeah, after seeing all of the RPing going on in that game I kinda quit. I'll probally make another once it dies down (It probally won't for awhile though, I mean look at Keeping up with Bay12.)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: September 18, 2011, 09:34:34 pm »

It would be nice to see a freeform without excessive trenchcoating and godmodding. It's somewhat difficult to strike a balance between strictness and fun. Lets all have superpowers! Has too long posts. I mean, holy shit, give an action not an insanly long description. And it has too many players. I would have definatly capped something like that at 8 at the most.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: September 18, 2011, 09:38:06 pm »

It would be nice to see a freeform without excessive trenchcoating and godmodding. It's somewhat difficult to strike a balance between strictness and fun. Lets all have superpowers! Has too long posts. I mean, holy shit, give an action not an insanly long description. And it has too many players. I would have definatly capped something like that at 8 at the most.
Well some people like to lengthen up their posts so they can add in more description, if you don't want to read then roleplaying isn't really for you. But everything else you said I agree with.

Also a big problem with freeform RP's is that too many people create different plotlines at once, again look at Keeping up with Bay12. It was awesome at first, but then everyone was doing their own thing, and then a few bad roleplayers came in and ruined it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: September 18, 2011, 09:48:31 pm »

The long post thing comes from reading from a phone, so eh. That other free form game that was just created looks promising, looks like it may follow a central storyline.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: September 18, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

This is why I tend to hang out in a freeform RP that has a fixed setting.

Also IRC is great for reducing post length.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: September 19, 2011, 09:32:57 am »

AT&T's bandwidth caps make me so MAD.

Two of my family members who are not me watch a LOT of video. That eats up at least 2/3 of the cap per month, so I'm left to download like 1-2 large games a month and watch some video myself, or watch basically no video and stream nothing and download 2-4 larger games. Etc. And this isn't even taking into account my dad and his preposterous amount of music streaming.

I mean COME ON. We've been paying for unlimited for YEARS! Why can't we be grandfathered into the old plan or something? But no. We have to pay the same amount as the previous unlimited plan for a bandwidth capped plan.

I know it's selfish of me when others are getting much worse plans and caps, but you've gotta admit, it's pretty awful on AT&T's part.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: September 19, 2011, 10:00:40 am »

Is there another company that offers unlimited bandwidth, even at a higher cost? It might be worth trying to talk your family into switching on principle.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: September 19, 2011, 10:01:56 am »

Is there another company that offers unlimited bandwidth, even at a higher cost? It might be worth trying to talk your family into switching on principle.

There is, but their costs are simply preposterous and their support is genuinely terrible. We are too poor to switch to them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: September 19, 2011, 12:25:20 pm »

Got one of those itches that's in between your ear, nose and throat simultaneously. Where it's itching in all three, but you can't actually get to the itch without doing some major cranial trauma.

There's a circle of Hell devoted just to this, I'm sure of it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: September 19, 2011, 02:26:18 pm »

Got one of those itches that's in between your ear, nose and throat simultaneously. Where it's itching in all three, but you can't actually get to the itch without doing some major cranial trauma.

There's a circle of Hell devoted just to this, I'm sure of it.

I HATE those.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: September 19, 2011, 03:11:26 pm »

what the hell, the mango update is finish but no release until fall? damnit still running on beta >:O
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 3345