Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694123 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6495 on: September 14, 2011, 01:37:21 pm »

I am afraid there is no way to disable it, the "desktop" is an app that you can launch from the touch gui, but the touch gui is where you always start.

I see that I, too, shall soon be investing in the Sartorially Inclined Penguin.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: September 14, 2011, 01:44:15 pm »

I just found out that windows 8 is being developed speciffically for tablet pcs. What. the. FUCK You know, just for that, I just might switch to fucking linux. Fuck you microsoft, fuck, you.
Theres supposedly a way to force it to start in desktop mode, and if there isn't, fuck it, Windows 7 isn't going away anytime soon and as much as its not as great in some respects as XP, its not a goddamn tablet OS.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #6497 on: September 14, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »

Fucking idiots being fucking idiots.

Fucking idiots.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: September 14, 2011, 02:19:40 pm »

Fucking idiots being fucking idiots.

Fucking idiots.
is a bad idea, you may catch an STD.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: September 14, 2011, 07:12:57 pm »

Goddammit brother, you are the only one that can drive here. Our parents gave us money to buy dinner for a reason. You said no when you were fully fucking awake, and now "You're too tired!"

YOU ASS!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: September 14, 2011, 08:20:20 pm »

Motherfucking goddamn lousy college laundry machines.  Half do shit nothing but eat your money, the other half eat your money too, and justI do laundry whenever they feel like it

Rrrrrrrrrggghhhh.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: September 14, 2011, 08:33:13 pm »

Friend IMs me asking for help in WoW.  I'm happy to help, I'm not as active as I used to be but I still show up twice a week for raids.

I log in and ask him what he needs.  I figure he needs me to do some leatherworking or help him with a world boss, or at least just want somebody to queue with for heroics.

Instead he wants me to help him kill what he calls a sanctuary camper.  An enemy player that stands on the edge of a no pvp zone looking into a pvp zone.  When somebody leaves the sanctuary on their way to do their stuff the camper inches out of the no pvp zone and starts throwing ranged attacks to kill them.  If they get attacked back, they just inch back into the no pvp zone.   While it is possible to kill them using stealth and stuns to keep them from moving, neither of us are the class for it, or experienced in pvp, and even when people are it requires as much luck as anything.

Since I wasted the time logging in I decide to try it anyway, as expected it fails. The camper is immediately suspicious when another person from the same guild shows up and doesn't attack while I'm near, and the one time we do get the jump on them we don't coordinate our stuns well enough.

Afterwards I tell him that if a ranged sanctuary camper is giving him a hard time just keep moving out, he has a pvp trinket equipped that can cancel holding moves, and as a druid he can cure slowing effects for free just by shapeshifting, or better yet, simply stealth inside the sanctuary and de-stealth outside their range.  It is easy to ignore them, and they accomplish more by pissing somebody off to make them try to fight back then they do when they are ignored.  He responds with "If you didn't want to help you should have just said no."

All this from a friend I know for more than a decade, that should be smarter than that.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: September 14, 2011, 10:58:31 pm »

I just heard Michelle Bachman say, when speaking about the mandatory in Texas cervical cancer preventing vaccine, "A lady I spoke with earlier today said the vaccine gave her daughter mental retardation." May not be a direct quote, but NOOOOO THAT IS NOT HOW VACCINES WORK! YOU WILL SHUT UP AND GO EAT PASTE IN THE CORNER!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: September 14, 2011, 11:01:04 pm »

I liked how she later tried to back out of it by saying, "Well, I was just telling you what I was told..." and the only thing I can think of is, "Wait, and that's supposed to be a defense?"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: September 14, 2011, 11:05:21 pm »

Especially when, you know, she would get to pick her advisers when she's president and all.

"Look, I'm only repeating what I heard, that Lord Xenu is coming back and you all must wrap yourselves in tinfoil. I'm not an expert. That's what I have experts for."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: September 14, 2011, 11:12:18 pm »

Especially when, you know, she would get to pick her advisers when she's president and all.

"Look, I'm only repeating what I heard, that Lord Xenu is coming back and you all must wrap yourselves in tinfoil. I'm not an expert. That's what I have experts for."
Nope no scientology, just the type of christian that makes me question my faith.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: September 14, 2011, 11:18:21 pm »

Speaking of Christians, I hate when stupid, dumb, silly Christians make the rest of the Christians look bad.

Actually, I hate it when stupid, dumb, silly anythings make the rest of the others look bad.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: September 15, 2011, 01:53:04 am »

I just found out that windows 8 is being developed speciffically for tablet pcs.

WHAT THE FUUUUCK!?

Fuck you, Microsoft! Fuck you in the face with an axe. What were they thinking when they made this decision? Hell, do they even think at all?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: September 15, 2011, 01:55:18 am »

Microsoft's always been one to charge blindly into markets they don't own yet and attempt to dominate it. Right now they're aiming at tablet PCs.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: September 15, 2011, 03:34:08 am »

Calm down, AoD, windows 9 will be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 3345