Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694130 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6480 on: September 14, 2011, 04:58:46 am »

ghhhhhh.

So.

I just found Skylanders.

i have spent the last four hours playing Spyro 3 again because, in my opinion, it was one of the best PS1 games ever made. Then, I decide "hey, let's go see if they're following up Legend of Spyro." Note that I am a huge advocate of the PS1 series, and I was therefore more or less guaranteed to be setting myself up for disappointment.

but this.

This is a mockery of my childhood.

Spyro has been reduced to a GIMMICK TO SELL TOYS.

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS THE UTTER DISGUST I FEEL AT THIS DISCOVERY. HE ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING MAIN CHARACTER. YOU CAN PLAY THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME WITHOUT SO MUCH AS GLANCING AT SPYRO.

THEY NAMED IT "SPYRO'S ADVENTURE", AND HE'S A FUCKING EXTRA.

GAH.

GAAAAH! They reduced Spyro to THIS garbage?

I've never been so ragey over a game ever.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: September 14, 2011, 07:11:14 am »

ghhhhhh.

So.

I just found Skylanders.

i have spent the last four hours playing Spyro 3 again because, in my opinion, it was one of the best PS1 games ever made. Then, I decide "hey, let's go see if they're following up Legend of Spyro." Note that I am a huge advocate of the PS1 series, and I was therefore more or less guaranteed to be setting myself up for disappointment.

but this.

This is a mockery of my childhood.

Spyro has been reduced to a GIMMICK TO SELL TOYS.

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS THE UTTER DISGUST I FEEL AT THIS DISCOVERY. HE ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING MAIN CHARACTER. YOU CAN PLAY THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME WITHOUT SO MUCH AS GLANCING AT SPYRO.

THEY NAMED IT "SPYRO'S ADVENTURE", AND HE'S A FUCKING EXTRA.

GAH.

GAAAAH! They reduced Spyro to THIS garbage?

I've never been so ragey over a game ever.

Feel like I have to point it out to you that this isn't a Spyro game. It's a Skylanders game, a new series. Spyro is just in it to reassure the executives. What I think they'll be doing, and I hope they are, is making these characters constant between games. For instance, let's say there are five of the games total. Let's say you have Spyro. Say he has four abilities - longer flight, fire breath, charge, dive attack. Presumably, you get upgrades to these abilities in each game, through achievements and higher scores and whatever. So say you have these five games.

First game - faster flight, electric breath, long jump charge, stronger dive attack.
Second game - further flight, frost breath, fast charge, quicker dive recovery
Third game - higher flight, magma breath, quick recovery charge, faster dive attack.
Fourth game - hover, stonegaze breath, stone cracking charge, dive from a hover
Fifth game - rocket flight, heal breath, friend-moving charge, rocket 'dive' attack.

You play the fifth game, get those abilities, and you can then use those abilities in the first game.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: September 14, 2011, 08:47:36 am »

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

QNONWRJFN209GJN V0999999 Q94IQP49QH5TQ98HGNGKVMC,EORIGHNVKLDLLPOSUKMG058H-95GH1-9G18JGAFNBAFAV,.BA;KMBJDNGJAIXLLLLDO.LIO.LODRLIODERLLLIO.DRLRL.L.L.;SE;K,KJ,SJMKSK,E;OP

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: September 14, 2011, 08:48:20 am »

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

QNONWRJFN209GJN V0999999 Q94IQP49QH5TQ98HGNGKVMC,EORIGHNVKLDLLPOSUKMG058H-95GH1-9G18JGAFNBAFAV,.BA;KMBJDNGJAIXLLLLDO.LIO.LODRLIODERLLLIO.DRLRL.L.L.;SE;K,KJ,SJMKSK,E;OP
Maybe you should switch internet companies.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: September 14, 2011, 10:08:55 am »

Knowing more about a subject at your job than the guy who is paid twice what you are to do next to nothing but know about that subject.

Really? You never saw a computer do that before?

RAGE.
Oh hey, welcome to my life.

EDIT:
This talk of people who know less but get paid still is reminding me of George.
Oh dear God. How have I never heard of this site before? I THINK I WORK WITH GEORGE.  :'(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:13:35 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: September 14, 2011, 10:23:15 am »

George probably got promoted to a manager-level position. He seems to have the appropriate skills and grasp of grammar.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: September 14, 2011, 12:09:55 pm »

I can't fucking believe it! My mom got a letter from school saying that my exams got preponed(that isn't even a real word. Blah.) by two hours two months ago and she didn't fucking bother telling me.

Hadn't I just found out now I would've arrived late tomorrow, failed the exam, and goodbye any chance for a university. This is the biggest fuck you for you.

Fuck. You.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: September 14, 2011, 01:25:48 pm »

I just found out that windows 8 is being developed speciffically for tablet pcs. What. the. FUCK You know, just for that, I just might switch to fucking linux. Fuck you microsoft, fuck, you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: September 14, 2011, 01:26:28 pm »

You should switch to fucking linux anyway. It's the best version.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: September 14, 2011, 01:30:08 pm »

... Best version of what?

I just found out that windows 8 is being developed speciffically for tablet pcs. What. the. FUCK You know, just for that, I just might switch to fucking linux. Fuck you microsoft, fuck, you.

I know there's some pretty specific tablet-related features, but I don't know that the desktop experience will be screwed over much. Last time I saw anything, the only big difference was that "apps screen" or whatever they're calling it, which you can probably ignore anyway if you want to.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: September 14, 2011, 01:31:19 pm »

Wait, since when is it a bad idea to develop an OS so that it runs on the lowest end hardware still being marketed to the public? If anything it should run rather extremely fast on a normal desktop.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: September 14, 2011, 01:32:10 pm »

I'm not really fond of the new "start menu" thinger.  If they give you a way to disable it, I'm happy, but otherwise it looks really... intrusive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #6492 on: September 14, 2011, 01:34:13 pm »

I'm not really fond of the new "start menu" thinger.  If they give you a way to disable it, I'm happy, but otherwise it looks really... intrusive.

I am afraid there is no way to disable it, the "desktop" is an app that you can launch from the touch gui, but the touch gui is where you always start.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: September 14, 2011, 01:35:01 pm »

Dry ice box, 1 kg = 2 lb like pi = 3. YOU SHOULD HAVE USED THE SQUIGGLY EQUALS SIGN.

SQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGLY
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: September 14, 2011, 01:35:07 pm »

... Best version of what?
Of linux!

You know, play on words, using "fucking" as part of the title rather than an adverb... ha ha ha... nevermind :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 3345