Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695021 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6435 on: September 11, 2011, 12:15:51 pm »

Someone was using the single good carving knife have in this house to.....

SCRAP SHIT OFF A STEEL COOKING SHEET!

"But I'm the one who sharpens the knives around here!"

"The only reason they ever need sharpening is because you're doing stupid fucking shit like this, right now, to dull them!"

I even handed them a steel spatula, with a nice, flat, dull SCRAPPING BLADE ON IT. And what do the do? Yell "No!" like the spatula is the thing that's got a sharpened steel blade on it.

Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick. Nothing pisses me off worse than people abuse my cutlery.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: September 11, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »

Spambot is going bonkers in the Other Games forum. Bugger off, lousy git. :E
Most spambots stop at 1 thread. This, though.. this is like 5 + threads. I don't want to count, and it's impossible to report them all on account of the 60-second per IP limit.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: September 11, 2011, 01:10:24 pm »

It's got ten twelve right now. I've seen worse - there was one in DF Gameplay Questions a few months ago that made about twenty threads, half of which were in Chinese, and I think there was another doing the same thing at the same time in DF Suggestions, minus the Chinese.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:30:07 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: September 11, 2011, 02:28:38 pm »

Perhaps when they rebooted the store, they meant to add "Adult" in front of "Bookstore" and just haven't gotten around to it? Cause that's kinda what it sounds like.
I highly doubt that. It's a reputable bookstore chain.
Somebody probably snuck it in there as a prank.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: September 11, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »

So the driving didn't go as well as it could have.Surely enough dad i went do driving school and passed my driving exam without problems just so you could remind me that i am supposed to go into the right lane whenever i can, and surely enough elementary education taught me enough so that i know that a car accellerates when it is going downhill.And no i don't need you to repeat me that every five minutes, and no i am not driving on the right side because i am scared of the incoming traffic, i am doing it because i have problems with my fucking eyesight and i don't wont to risk a freaking accident that you would also blame on me.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: September 11, 2011, 03:15:56 pm »

Goddamnit, today is not infinite speech length day. Yes, its important and 9/11 and blah and blah, but I should not be able to start and finish the entierety of Sandworms of Dune in a single mass.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: September 11, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »

Could have been worse. Could have been God Emperor of Dune.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: September 11, 2011, 03:34:00 pm »

True. Dune is weird like that, having 3 more or less interesting books, then that, another book, and then 3 somewhat better ones to finish up with.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: September 11, 2011, 03:37:19 pm »

Must point out that I don't recognize the Brian Herbert stuff as Dune proper. For me, Dune ended with the evil sex nuns.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: September 11, 2011, 03:40:45 pm »

Including his stuff makes it more symmetrical, though :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: September 11, 2011, 03:42:45 pm »

There is no Dune after Dune. And no amount of walking corpses, nukes with special eye melting radiation or creepy religious zealotry is will make me believe otherwise!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: September 11, 2011, 03:45:00 pm »

Which creepy religious zealots, though? I know there were at least two groups of such.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: September 11, 2011, 03:55:14 pm »

I'm starting to get the feeling that I should consider reading this book someday.

After Shakespeare and Dickens.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: September 11, 2011, 04:09:28 pm »

Just so you aren't disappointed, there are no evil sex nuns in the first and most famous book, they only show up in book 5 and 6 (out of 6).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: September 11, 2011, 04:11:21 pm »

Also are in after 6, but after 6 is his son using old notes or something. 7/8 are still better than the prequel stuff, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 3345