Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695418 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6390 on: September 07, 2011, 11:14:43 am »

Yeah. I have to bathe in sulphuric acid for that one.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: September 07, 2011, 12:32:18 pm »

Problem-solving ability currently making me rage.

Undergrad math used to be a lot more exciting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: September 07, 2011, 12:54:51 pm »

Having to put up with crazy-ass coworkers and their unhinged conspiracy theories. I can be polite, but only up to a point.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: September 07, 2011, 01:07:42 pm »

Any interestingly insane ones?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: September 07, 2011, 01:29:03 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySsbkLVuYOs

This is not so much rage from me, since i'm not a big fan of Nirvana, I like around one song, but that's it. However Kurt cobain is currently spinning at the speed of light in his grave.
Blargh.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: September 07, 2011, 01:54:47 pm »

Any interestingly insane ones?

I'd have to actually be processing them enough to know if they were interesting. Something about fractional banking and Federal Reserve controlling all the money in the world and how any President who has pushed for actual monetary reform has been assassinated. My brain started shutting down shortly after he opened his mouth. He even had a homemade DVD he was pushing me to watch that would "blow my mind". Mind you, this same guy is a fundamental evangelical Christian who would probably torch me alive if he actually knew anything of my politics or religion.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: September 07, 2011, 01:57:44 pm »

You could always put in a good word so that I could swap jobs with him. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: September 07, 2011, 01:59:55 pm »

Mind you, this same guy is a fundamental evangelical Christian who would probably torch me alive if he actually knew anything of my politics or religion.

I wish I knew more people like that; jokes are more fun when it is about someone’s Serious Business(TM). All my family does is laugh when I put a wreathe of computer cords on my head and tell them I’m techno-Jesus.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: September 07, 2011, 02:14:11 pm »

Mind you, this same guy is a fundamental evangelical Christian who would probably torch me alive if he actually knew anything of my politics or religion.

I wish I knew more people like that; jokes are more fun when it is about someone’s Serious Business(TM). All my family does is laugh when I put a wreathe of computer cords on my head and tell them I’m techno-Jesus.

I should dress as TechnoJesus one halloween. I've already committed to FF Fighter (or an approximation) this year, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: September 07, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »

Have you already learned your text by heart? Can't get the full effect without the right acting.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: September 07, 2011, 02:32:22 pm »

My son is going to be a fuzzy little lion, and my daughter is going to be an eyeball (she picked this idea out months ago and has clung to it with the tenacity of a starving wolverine).

I should get back into dressing up for the occasion. I made my own costume to match one of my City of Heroes characters a few years back. That was fun, even if it meant literally dressing up in tights. I'd like to work on a Steampunk Confederate uniform sometime.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: September 07, 2011, 02:43:51 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySsbkLVuYOs

This is not so much rage from me, since i'm not a big fan of Nirvana, I like around one song, but that's it. However Kurt cobain is currently spinning at the speed of light in his grave.
I've got to be honest, bro. I don't see where this internet hate is coming from. Most of my problems with the song cover come from the shitty recording quality. If it's because it's coming from Miley Cyrus, then ... well, I don't know what to tell you. There have been far worse covers of this song, even vocally, so yeah. Your hatred of it is going to generate money for her in ways that you being a fan never would, anyway.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: September 07, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »

Some exec probably noticed that Miley Cirus isn't a kid anymore and was like "Quick, what teen icon of the 90s can we option so the 30 somethings will buy her music like she's part of their generation?!"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #6403 on: September 07, 2011, 04:33:36 pm »

Maybe she just likes the song. It's a really popular song. It'd be surprising if she didn't, really.

The cover itself is okay. Funnily enough, it's angrier than the original, which isn't the direction I'd have taken if I was Miley Cyrus.

Her dancing is hilarious and arrhythmic.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: September 07, 2011, 06:50:02 pm »

Best way is to mix up some of their words with ones that sound similar, but have entirely different meanings. E.g., eucharist - uterus. Not sure what their sacred cows are though, so I don't have any good ones prepared.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 3345