Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696347 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6210 on: August 26, 2011, 07:20:03 pm »

Sorry about that bit if it offended anyone, got some drinks in me so i'm rather rash about certain things.It's the default assumption that i sometimes make that when someone is clearly acting abnormally (things like these) that something must be wrong with their mental assembly, sadly i think there isn't a word that differentiates people like that from people with real mental disorders.

Again, sorry if i offended anyone.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: August 26, 2011, 07:50:53 pm »

I was reading about evolution/natural selection and creationist theory was brought up... I threw the book down in disgust. I really shouldn't get so enraged over a theory but that one just makes me want to rampage around the house while spewing hate and profanity.

Weird, where did you read that? Creationism isn't even a "theory" to begin with in any scientific sense of the word. I know some schools have tried to force-feed creationism to students, but I'm curious if there are still actual textbooks like that floating around.

I would have to agree with you on that. I got this GED book from back when I dropped out of school during my depression that I never really used. I figured I would get it out and read through the science section out of boredom and curiosity. In the middle of the evolution section they for some reason brought up "creationist theory". I overreacted due to my hatred of it honestly, here is the quote. " The creationist theory holds that all species have been created and remained unchanged since the beginning of time." and that was it. Ugh, such bullshit isn't worth the ink its written in. I have no idea why they decided they should throw that in there >:(.

Hmm, I have no idea why I even keep this book around. I wonder if they have charities that accept books.
My personality profile.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:39 pm »

I was reading about evolution/natural selection and creationist theory was brought up... I threw the book down in disgust. I really shouldn't get so enraged over a theory but that one just makes me want to rampage around the house while spewing hate and profanity.

Weird, where did you read that? Creationism isn't even a "theory" to begin with in any scientific sense of the word. I know some schools have tried to force-feed creationism to students, but I'm curious if there are still actual textbooks like that floating around.

It was either my state, my county, or the city that my town is within the borders of (but is still an unincorporated community of), I can't remember which, that was actually considering this.

Or, rather, "Stop forcing science teachers to teach evolution."

But then again, this is the southeast US (Tennessee to be exact, not exactly like Georgia when it comes to radical right-wingers (Although my county city is right on the boarder between the two), but still)...

Then again, it did fail. Lucky us.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: August 26, 2011, 08:32:31 pm »

Hmm, I have no idea why I even keep this book around. I wonder if they have charities that accept books.
The local library, maybe? They might not accept textbooks though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: August 26, 2011, 08:33:06 pm »

It was either my state, my county, or the city that my town is within the borders of (but is still an unincorporated community of), I can't remember which, that was actually considering this.

Or, rather, "Stop forcing science teachers to teach evolution."

But then again, this is the southeast US (Tennessee to be exact, not exactly like Georgia when it comes to radical right-wingers (Although my county city is right on the boarder between the two), but still)...

Then again, it did fail. Lucky us.
Have you seen a lot of Texans recently?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: August 26, 2011, 08:34:52 pm »

Have you seen a lot of Texans recently?

I can't hardly tell who's a Texan and who ain't.

Probably never even seen one around here, if I had then they were quite good at imitating a Tennessean or Georgian.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: August 26, 2011, 08:35:35 pm »

Excuse me but what else can a person who actively seeks out to harm others without any reason be but retarded and backwards?

Sociopathic.

Or, better, so that we don't keep on with the pattern of armchair diagnostics: cruel.

The "without any reason" is also pretty loaded. People hardly ever do things without any reason. There are plenty of bad reasons to do things, but that goes for much of human behavior, and there's a difference between that and no reason at all.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: August 26, 2011, 09:06:26 pm »

The local library, maybe? They might not accept textbooks though.

Thats a good idea, I'm heading to the library tomorrow actually, so I'll just drag it along.

I just read about Jopax's friend. Wow, thats horrible. Things like that are the reason I never leave the house unarmed. That or I'm crazy and paranoid, its hard to tell sometimes ;D.
My personality profile.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: August 27, 2011, 12:44:30 pm »

Got a TV from work yesterday. Heavy son of a bitch, too. It took me, my mom, and one other guy just to load it onto a truck. After getting it home and trying to drag the damn thing inside, I find it doesn't work.

Also, having to listen to two religious fanatics talk crap about that gay church that was just built in Georgia, and implying how the "gay plague" is going to force our chirdren to be gay. Seriously, if this country ever becomes a theocratic dictatorship, shoot me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #6219 on: August 27, 2011, 03:04:28 pm »

Men of War multiplayer, I dont usually rage when playing but everyone is just so much better than I that every match is humiliating slaughter.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: August 27, 2011, 04:31:14 pm »

It was hut today, freakishly hot, and internet was gone for most of the day, what does one exactly do when TV is crap, it's too hot to move and one does not have internet?
AS - IG

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: August 27, 2011, 04:40:15 pm »

Read or sleep.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: August 27, 2011, 04:41:30 pm »

And there lies my biggest problem, i was supposed to get 'A dance with dragons last' week and no internet mishaps would even touch me, but luck was cruel and i couldn't find the damn bookstore -.-''
AS - IG

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: August 27, 2011, 04:43:19 pm »

Dammit, that would make me rage like nothing before. Books are my salvation.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: August 28, 2011, 01:46:30 am »

C&C4 wants me to make an account, specifically for the game, because apparently Steam and WindowsLive isn't enough online verification anymore.

No.  Fuck you EA.  I am not giving you another account to fuck up my email with, just so I can slog my way through the singleplayer campaign of an RTS I already paid good money for.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 3345