Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695745 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6165 on: August 23, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »

Windows Explorer is making me rage. QUIT CRASHING! I NEED YOU TO BE ABLE TO VIEW MY DESKTOP!

THIS. IS. RAAAGEEEE-AH!

This is strange enough that something in particular has to be causing it rather than just Windows being Windows. What version of Windows are you running? Do you have any weird shell extension programs running? I'm tempted to say this is probably a malware problem, since explorer crashing usually Just Doesn't Happen.
I DID have a pretty severe malware attack that damaged a system file which was promptly deleted by my virus scanner (nice one, Eset ::)). The file was something along the lines of WOWREG64BIT or something.

Run system file checker (sfc) then, and see if it comes up with anything.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: August 23, 2011, 11:40:50 pm »

Halfway through Inception and my DVD drive is fucking up. Again. This keeps happening. It's fine with games, but DVDs fucks it up.
Your computer is just protecting you, it knows you're not ready to watch Inception without horrible mind-breaking consequences.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: August 24, 2011, 12:27:33 am »

Does it tend to fuck up at a certain point? It might be messing up reading the second layer of dual-layer discs.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: August 24, 2011, 05:46:30 am »

Or there may be something wrong with the disc.

Dirt, scratches, etc. can really screw up how the disk is read.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #6169 on: August 24, 2011, 06:16:42 am »

It does fuck up at the same point, but it was doing exactly this sort of thing with other DVDs. Iron Man 2 and GitS, for example, and they both worked fine on other players.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: August 24, 2011, 08:58:24 am »

Wow, Comcast is being epicly idiotic now ._.  For some reason, I can only load part of web pages now.  Facebook has been loading for minutes now, and it won't load anything past the border and my picture.  Even this page hasn't finished.  And less than six hours ago, there were no problems.  Do ISPs even have standards they have to follow?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #6171 on: August 24, 2011, 09:21:23 am »

Wow, Comcast is being epicly idiotic now ._.  For some reason, I can only load part of web pages now.  Facebook has been loading for minutes now, and it won't load anything past the border and my picture.  Even this page hasn't finished.  And less than six hours ago, there were no problems.  Do ISPs even have standards they have to follow?

They have no standards at all. They basically get to screw you in any way they want.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: August 24, 2011, 02:09:03 pm »

Food stench, now i like eating, especially tasty stuff but god damn it if i've eaten something six hours ago and washed my hands with soap many many times since i expect my hands not to stink of the damn food.And to make things worse i have this strange need to smell the damn buggers only because i know the stench will still be there and piss me off even further -.-'
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: August 25, 2011, 01:41:55 am »

Shaking with anger right now.  I don't care how stressful of a day you had at work, MOM, YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE IT OUT ON YOUR FAMILY.  (She isn't being physically abusive, she's sniping little comments like "I wish I could play video games all day" and muttering to herself because her schizo son can't manage to water plants, bake bread, or clean a kitchen without direct supervision.)

I want to break something.  I definitely won't be sleeping tonight.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:26 am »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/24/eas-origin-eula-proves-even-more-sinister/

EA, determined not to let Blizzard/Activision on-up them in the whole "completely rewriting the rulebook on the relationship between gamer and publisher" thing, has written a doozy of a EULA agreement into Origin.

2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.

You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. This and all other data provided to EA and/or collected by EA in connection with your installation and use of this Application is collected, used, stored and transmitted in accordance with EA’s Privacy Policy located at www.ea.com. To the extent that anything in this section conflicts with the terms of EA’s Privacy Policy, the terms of the Privacy Policy shall control.

You.....mother.....FUCKERS. Quit holding a game I love hostage to your desire to sink your fucking claws deeper into my machine. I don't want your fucking hard drive sweeps interrupting what I do. I don't want my installed game information shipped to advertisers so Origin can target me with specific ads. I don't want my fucking information sold to 3rd parties. I don't even really want you scanning my goddamn harddrive for valid installations AND UNINSTALLATIONS of EA games. That's what the goddamn internet is for, so you can check you made your money, not so you can create a umbilical cord between your servers and my machine, and use it to choke the fuck out of me. You're not the fucking IP police. Peripheral hardware usage? In what way is that even fucking germane to the game? So you can tell Nvidia and ATi exactly who is using their cards and use that to squeeze their balls a little harder too?

Christ, it's like the best games this year, that I've been waiting forever for, are now all being used to get me to agree to sign away my traditional rights and expectations about my privacy, my control of user data and even how much distance I get to keep between myself and the online sphere. Fuck you Blizzard/Activision. Fuck you EA. Fuck you Ubisoft. And fuck anyone else that wants to do business this way.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:43:01 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:55 am »

It's only natural. You're a consumer and thus an enemy trying to keep well deserved money away from the publishers.

Isn't there also some term in the Origin EULA that if you don't log into your account for two years they'll delete it?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:42:12 am by olemars »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: August 25, 2011, 08:39:28 am »

GAH! EA is making me RAAAAGE!

Fuck you, EA.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: August 25, 2011, 08:42:34 am »

Isn't there also some term in the Origin EULA that if you don't log into your account two years they'll delete it?

I think this provision already got scrubbed.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: August 25, 2011, 08:49:38 am »

The provision is still there. They've merely said they'll only use it to delete "inappropriate" accounts. In other words, they reserve the right but promise not to use it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: August 25, 2011, 09:02:32 am »

Unfortunately for me, the level to which this stuff is rising makes it hard for me to take a "wait and see" approach. I got at least 10 friends who will play BF3 and want it in a bad way myself. But the minute I give them money, I've basically affirmed what they're doing now, and giving them ammo for whatever the want to do in the future. I could easily just hand wave it all and dive in like everyone else but it's starting to become a moral issue to me.

It's like, I want to eventually design a game of my own, but what's fueling my desire to learn to code these days is about 50% creating a game, and 50% the knowledge and ability to wall myself off on my end from Origin and a whole host of other things. It's getting to the point where I feel like I need to know exactly what they're doing before I'm truly making an informed purchase.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 3345