Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689607 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I really don't see the problem with tildes.

Anyway, my rage is because of the goddamn internet fucking up constantly.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

But that wouldn't stop Ein from acting like an idiot...
Ein's fighting the repressive societal punctuation standards.

YOU'RE KEEPING US ALL DOWN MAN
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

GODDAMMIT FACEBOOK THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME FOR MY ACCOUNT TO BE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, tildes aren't periods.
Quoted for emphasis.
And ignore doesn't block quotes D:

[...]or you're engaging in some kind of trolling/parody[...]
Close enough.
It's the "How many people can I get banned/muted/raging, before Toady tells me to stop"-game.

Would be trivial to make a userscript that converts all ~ to .
At least for anyone using Firefox or Opera.

That would convert all tildes, not just his, and it wouldn't prevent his communicative style from being based on bad fansub dialogue. Seriously, that part is uncanny.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

I have to agree with the 'tildes make me RAAAAAGE' part· It is actually quite annoying·
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Really guys?
Really.

Get angry at someone's actions that aren't even meant to make you angry.
Basically, I think that you're being unreasonable. Let ein use tildes, she isn't using them to hurt anyone, just to make herself feel better.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

They are a punctuation. That is it. We do not need more bans because people are freaking out and acting like you can never use anything but a period to end a sentence~

Go make the above script if you're so irritated by it and stop already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

I guess I just got my education on the internet in a place where tildes were a common punctuation in certain situations. I have used them myself in some situations.

The thing is, without quirks all of our posts would sound pretty much the same. None of us are using entirely perfect grammar. You're allowed to not like the quirks that someone uses when they communicate (I, for instance, use way too many commas at times), however no one is obligated to change how they want to write to make your reading experience more comfortable. They can if they want to, but honestly, writing is an expression of yourself as much as it's a form of communication.

I realize this exchange is pretty chill so far, but I'm really hoping everyone continues their chill states in regards to this subject.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Can we not go down this road? Please? Bad things lie at the end of it.

Like Willfor said, we all gots our quirks. Part of being a family is getting over each other's quirks. And Bay12 is basically one big, dysfunctional virtual family. I think we can all deal with some minor communication oddities.

Unless somebody types PUr3L'/ 1|\| L337 $P34|<. Seriously, those mofo's need to die.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

They are a punctuation. That is it. We do not need more bans because people are freaking out and acting like you can never use anything but a period to end a sentence~

Go make the above script if you're so irritated by it and stop already.
They are not a punctuation. It is no more english to end a sentence with tildes than it is to not leave any spaces between words. Isn'tthissoeasyforyoutoread?It'sjusthowIpersonallyfeelabotuhowenglishshouldbetyped,stopoppressingme.

Why is this any more acceptable to you than what RAM did some months back, with the backwards cypher?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

MSH, if you feel like typing like that all the time then go ahead. I'm free to not read it, just like how your free to not read Eins posts because she feels like ending sentences in a way that displeases you.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really guys?
Really.

Get angry at someone's actions that aren't even meant to make you angry.
Basically, I think that you're being unreasonable. Let ein use tildes, she isn't using them to hurt anyone, just to make herself feel better.
I've seen a number of people expressing their distaste for tilde-spam.
The unreasonable thing to do, is continue to display a behaviour (and even intensify it, whenever it is pointed out) that clearly is bothering people.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

The backwards cipher was just plain hard to read. This is not. This is a slight change to sentence endings that has no impact on its readability whatsoever.
Can we go back ontopic now, please? Like RedKing said, we aren't going to get anywhere good continuing this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Just got done spending an hour and a half helping a glorified secretary who makes $100K+ edit a document which she translated from a classified Mexican governnment document using Google Translate. And converted from a PDF to Word. And needed help with tweaking all the little conversion problems because as a $100K+ secretary she doesn't know how to do basic fucking editing in Word.

I have friends with Master's Degrees who could natively translate the document AND do all the editing bullshit for a fraction of her salary. Fuck, *I* could do that. I was able to tell where the footnotes went even with my broken-ass Spanish. SO MUCH RAAAAAGE. People like this are both:

A. Why the Federal government is a creaky, expensive hot mess.
B. Why younger people coming out of college and grad school and looking to work for the government CAN'T GET A FUCKING JOB.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It's worse than that. Google likes to record things. As in, everything. So they probably have the text of that classified document now.

You might want to report that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 3345