Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693414 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I'm getting ready to be a professor.  Similar to an apocalypse, but with some minor differences, chief among them that you're stuck with me red calves or no.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Funny thing about all those laws is they seem to treat them like magical door opening tools. Really if you just wanted in and out of somewhere a sledgehammer is better.

I KNOW! LETS BAN SLEDGEHAMMERS! Kidding. .P

What's funny is that it seems Texas, Illinois, and Ohio are the states with the most asshole-y lock pick laws, yet you and I have them and are from... Texas and Illinois. Good fight, laws.

Vector, may I ask why you want lock picks for being a professor? I can't think of anything short of sneaking into other departments late at night to steal books.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Well, I'm certainly raging now, about injustice in general.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Perhaps she wants to be an Indiana Jones style professor, I know i would.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bing bing bing!

(kidding, though I'm kind of salivating at the thought)

That, and it seems like an important thing to know as an imparter of knowledge.  I dunno if I could call myself a Professor if I didn't have a basic idea of how to pick locks.

That, too.  You never know when your expertise will be needed, and for which purpose.

Constant vigilance!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

What's funny is that it seems Texas, Illinois, and Ohio are the states with the most asshole-y lock pick laws, yet you and I have them and are from... Texas and Illinois. Good fight, laws.

You know. I didn't even KNOW that. And I know a cop has seen mine before and nothing happened...

How very strange. Ill remember to keep mine somewhere hard to spot in my house then just in case. What a shame though, picking locks is pretty fun honestly. And at that I've only picked or attempted to pick locks I bought myself.

And on that stuff vector mentioned... Isn't it just responsible to keep on yourself a blade of some kind and some way of making fire at least? Never know when you might need something like that.

And now I'm imagining vector shouting "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!" to physicists holding some weird legendary math textbook or whatever. That's... A strange mental image.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bing bing bing!

(kidding, though I'm kind of salivating at the thought)

That, and it seems like an important thing to know as an imparter of knowledge.  I dunno if I could call myself a Professor if I didn't have a basic idea of how to pick locks.

That, too.  You never know when your expertise will be needed, and for which purpose.

Constant vigilance!

Vector will be straight up busting into the dorms at night and reminding people to do their homework, before slipping into the night to fight Nazis.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

"Ah, so we meet again Proffesor Vector." *pets white cat.*

I, now imagining Vector running out of an ancient temple while being chased by a giant rock and angry natives.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Vector: I know that in Bilbao there is a shop called "The Spy's Market", in which they sell lockpicks, among other implements.Its on a street called Colon de Larrategui

I'm proud of this post because its extremedly informative, yet utterly useless, at the same time...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Vector in a somewhat forgettable adventure with Shia LaBeouf?

Vector we hardly knew you and you've jumped the shark! D.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL NEVER HAPPENED DAMNIT!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

??

What are you talking about?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*gets to work learning Spanish*

*straps on water skis*

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

??

What are you talking about?

The worst Indiana Jones movie to ever ooze onto the big screen. Long story short, Shia LaBeouf is Indie's son, and they team up to take a crystal alien skull to somewhere in South America, battling Nazi's all the while, so the aliens can go home.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I still have no idea what you are talking about and am totally sure such a movie never existed.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 3345