Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693946 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... I wanna buy a nice set of lockpicks.  Where would I do that?

My two sets came from my Grandpas garage, and a pawn shop. You just have to get lucky, as far as I'm aware, and dig through the less legit stores.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They shouldn't be too hard to make on your own. Just hammer the tips of a couple of thin, straight pieces of metal to a perpendicular or near-perpendicular hook.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmmmm.

Need to learn to be more sketch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I tried that with a buncha nails. They never work thogh :/

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

You will have to mod shopkeepers to carry sets unless you are willing to find some in the imperial city and dupe them.  Unless you are in the thieves guild of course.

Oh wait, you meant in reality.  I would try a pawn shop, failing that try looking online.   Last I heard many places that carry them won't sell them to an average Joe Jane off the street so it might be tricky.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akura, you could make a pick or two and the torsion wrench that way, but nowhere near the whole set, especially if you have a larger set. The rakes I have I don't think I could manage to replicate ever.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... and what sort of person would they WANT to sell them to?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I would guess a locksmith.  Or the police.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . . Yeah, I'm not going to be able to manage either of those.

Wish there were some sort of licensing process =/

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

You can get lockpicks pretty much anywhere really so long as you don't have a criminal record. If you actually go to a locksmith you should be able to find some? That's how I got my set.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also note that it is illegal in a small amount of states to even own them. The more lax states will let you own them, as long as you only use them on land you own. Having them with you when arrested for other crimes is a bonus charge. I'm mildly certain it is illegal to cross state lines with lock picks, unless you are a licensed locksmith. Tons of fun little ways to get screwed.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Funny thing about all those laws is they seem to treat them like magical door opening tools. Really if you just wanted in and out of somewhere a sledgehammer is better.

I KNOW! LETS BAN SLEDGEHAMMERS! Kidding. .P
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... looks like simple possession in California is okay, and if I move I'll be sure to get them mailed to myself.

Just gotta remember that I apparently can't take them into Poland >_>

Putting them on The List right after a good set of shoe polishing equipment, a straight razor, flint and steel, a pocketwatch, a whetstone, and a pair of reasonable spectacles :3

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Hmm... looks like simple possession in California is okay, and if I move I'll be sure to get them mailed to myself.

Putting them on The List right after a good set of shoe polishing equipment, a straight razor, flint and steel, a pocketwatch, a whetstone, and a pair of reasonable spectacles :3

Are you preparing an apocalypse kit?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Are you preparing an apocalypse kit?
I was wondering the same thing.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 3345