Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694286 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Why haven't you told me this yet, Bd? I could so use this to explode stuff for shits and giggles! D:

LET'S ALL BLOW STUFF UP FOR SHITS N' GIGGLES!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit.

Oh holy fucking shit.

My friend hurts women because he enjoys it.

My friend abuses women because he enjoys the power it gives him.

My ex friend. I never knew this. I knew him for seven years and I never knew this. I had my first sexual encounter with him, which hurt me severely and has been hurting me for the past six months and I never even guessed. I am completely at a loss. I don't know what to do, except let everyone know, because this needs to stop, now, forever.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

I don't know that I can help in any way other than suggest you tell the police if you haven't already.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Jesus, I hate those kinds of scumbags.

My sympathies, Jack.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Yeah if you suspect he's been hurting anyone recently, call the police right 'effing now.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

That also makes me RAAAAAAAAAAAA(AAAA)EG...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Migraines every day for 67 days.
2 migraines yesterday.
I woke up with one today about 5 hours ago and it has not stopped.

Rage isn't good for migraines.
But unending pain that is nearly blinding isn't good for not rage.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile

There was a single fruit fly making my bedroom its home. It appeared about a week ago.

Last night, when I was washing my hands, I swatted it midair, trapping it in the suds on my hand. I rinsed it off and rewashed my hands. Finally, success! Now I won't have to glance around the room looking for an opportunity to kill a fly whenever a speck of dust passes my sight! I can finally relax a little more!

Today, I found a bag in my room that has been there since who knows how long but that I did not put there. It was filled with fruit flies.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

That's.....sort of horrifying. Sounds like someone is out to get you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile

That's.....sort of horrifying. Sounds like someone is out to get you.
Nah, it was when a sibling of mine cleaned the room a while back and just left the bag of stuff there. I don't think she'd leave a bag of stuff there knowing that it would attract flies to her own room (oh, yeah, we share a room.), but her reasoning for leaving a bag of trash there was that she "didn't wanna do everything", as though throwing out the trash she gathered was extra work or something. So she let it sit there for... how many months? I didn't even know it was trash, as there was another bag over it so it looked like a pile of empty bags, otherwise it would've been gone long ago.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To bus drivers: The schedule you are supposed to keep is not a suggestion of what your arrival times should be, but the times you are fucking supposed to be there. Both trips on the bus were at least 15 minutes late. Now, I might have remembered hearing one of them saying that they're doing this to reduce the crowding on the bus(if people are late, they have less reason to take the bus if they miss their appointments or whatever). Now, even if this were true, it's a batshit retarded idea.

Also, earlier today my stomach was hurting something fierce. I try to determine the cause of this pain, and remember I had bought a couple bags of cheap candy this morning, which was labeled as sugar-free and low calorie(not why I bought it, I bought it because it was the only kind there). I look at the ingredients, and the first thing listed is something called Isomalt*. The asterisk pointed to a note that said "overconsumption can have a laxative effect". Not a fun thing to read on something you just ate a whole bag of.

To be fair, nowhere did it define what "overconsumption" was, nor did I eat the whole bag(there's one left), and I ate it over the course of about 4 hours. Furthermore, I figure a ~260lb man could handle more toxic candy than a child could(on the other hand, children do surprise with how much toxic candy they can consume). It's not that the laxative effect was that much of a... laxative effect, but my stomach did hurt pretty damn bad. Not that my manager gave me any kind of a break despite barely being able to do anything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile

To bus drivers: The schedule you are supposed to keep is not a suggestion of what your arrival times should be, but the times you are fucking supposed to be there.
This. This this this. Even worse is when they sometimes come early, so you don't know if you missed it or if you need to wait just a little bit longer (as opposed to waiting for the next bus).
And then most bus drivers have the nerve to be an ass about it if you bring it up, or just be an ass about any arbitrary thing. Some people say that it's a stressful job. I say that that's there own damn fault for deciding to work as a bus driver, and that what stress that does come with the job probably isn't so much more than they (should've) expected that they need to take it out on their customers.
"Oh, uh, wait, I just passed my stop, can I get off here?", says a middle schooler who has only recently began riding the metro bus to get to school and doesn't know the route very well. She even waited for a red light to ask. The door opens and she makes an effort to get out as quickly as she can so as not to keep anyone waiting, should the light turn green. She steps down the stairs, when-- "Well you shoulda got off at yer stop." grumbles the elderly lady driver, as though my ability to hear was equal to that of a cantankerous elderly person who drives a bus.
No shit; I just figured it'd be nice to get off at an unknown area a few blocks further away from my destination than my bus stop was. No, really, I enjoy going scavenger hunting for landmarks that I vaguely know of while wearing a heavy-ass backpack on hellishly hot days. I clearly missed my stop deliberately.

That was a few years ago, and since then, I try to avoid talking directly to bus drivers if they don't show any display of sociability beforehand.

I am raging slightly at how much text I write in things that are supposed to be short responses. I know how to lengthen posts, but I can't shorten them. :-\

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About people missing their stops and asking to get off wherever, the bus drivers are usually cool about it, but then again, the driver often fails to even know where the stops are to begin with, despite the presesnce of a GPS console right on their dashboard.

Another thing that irritates me about the bus is when the pull-cord that requests a stop malfunctions, giving only a low-volume *ding* and omits the following computer-woman voice going "STOP REQUESTED", but mostly because of the passengers who keep yelling to the driver that they want to stop or keep pulling the cord(which is probably what broke it in the first place), when the the ding is usually pretty audible, and the driver most likely has an indicator showing that someone wants to get off at the next stop.

Funny story, the bus going to work has bus schedules at the front, the bus going home has complaint forms.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the bus is always crowded, and I've heard rumors that the county has been considering removing buses from this particular line, and I think one of the drivers said they are intentionally being late as a form of protest to that or something. Either way, it's equally as batshit retarded as intentionally being late to reduce bus crowding directly.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:59:59 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

It's not strange most bus drivers are bitter assholes. Most bus takers are ungrateful assholes.
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Bus drivers to my university are pretty cool most of the time. I used to have to ask to get off at a random corner (as the bus stops are stupid and the two closest to where I live make me walk nearly a mile), and only one ever said anything about it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 3345