Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698830 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really want to punch my warehouse manager in the face right now. First, he's a self-righteous asshole. Second, we got a new guy today, who's Russian, and the manager starts cracking shit about him being Russian. Sure he was just trying to do it in a friendly manner, but it's still pretty offensive, whether the guy showed it or not. Then he started making jokes about how short the new guy was(he's shorter than the manager, and the manager was until today the shortest guy in the place). Next, I was loading folding chairs in to a large box(which for some reason we call a "gaylord" ???), and he feels he has to coach me on every little detail of doing it. At one point, he tells me to hold on to it, and right when I put my hand on it, he slams another chair into the stack I was holding up. It missed my hand, but only because I barely pulled it out of the way.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I really want to punch my warehouse manager in the face right now. First, he's a self-righteous asshole. Second, we got a new guy today, who's Russian, and the manager starts cracking shit about him being Russian. Sure he was just trying to do it in a friendly manner, but it's still pretty offensive, whether the guy showed it or not. Then he started making jokes about how short the new guy was(he's shorter than the manager, and the manager was until today the shortest guy in the place). Next, I was loading folding chairs in to a large box(which for some reason we call a "gaylord" ???), and he feels he has to coach me on every little detail of doing it. At one point, he tells me to hold on to it, and right when I put my hand on it, he slams another chair into the stack I was holding up. It missed my hand, but only because I barely pulled it out of the way.

Just so you're aware, the technical term for a large box on wheels is gaylord. I have no idea why, but it's been like that in every industrial environment I've ever been in (which is a few over a dozen. I was a professional temp for a long time.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

My commute makes me rage. 

5 Miles
7 Stoplights
5 Stop Signs
Almost everyone drives 10 miles under the speed limit for no reason.

Can be done in 8 minutes without speeding.  Normally takes 15.  At least 20 minutes of my day wasted every day.

Also ran into one of the inherent disadvantages of motorcycles for the first time today.  Bird took a massive shit on my seat.  Luckily, it was on the back portion, so I wasn't forced to sit on it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Also ran into one of the inherent disadvantages of motorcycles for the first time today.  Bird took a massive shit on my seat.  Luckily, it was on the back portion, so I wasn't forced to sit on it.

A to go sized pack of baby wipes, in your riding jacket pocket.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

If it were an immediate problem, I would have ran back into the office to get a couple wet paper towels.  Not a big deal.  Just a gross nuisance.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I drank four beers with my friend (two for him two for me) and he insisted on drinking one more beer. I tried to stop him for 20 minutes but he didn't change his mind. I told him if he's going to drink, I'm going to drink too. So we bought 2 beers and started drinking...

Now, 5 AM in the morning. I'm lurking around the internet because my head is spinning so bad I can't fucking sleep

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I still have no fucking idea if its my mods crashing the game or the fucking game itself, god damn you Fallout New Vegas. The mod manager is telling me I have no errors, then I check back and it say's I do have error's, I re-install them and it say's other mods that are different from the original ones have errors. I REFUSE TO PLAY FALLOUT NEW VEGAS WITHOUT NEVADA SKIES, OR UI MODS DAMNIT!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Just so you're aware, the technical term for a large box on wheels is gaylord. I have no idea why, but it's been like that in every industrial environment I've ever been in (which is a few over a dozen. I was a professional temp for a long time.)
Wow, since this manager is supposed to be Christian or something, isn't it possible to point out his immense stupidity by now?  Which, well, if he really isn't all that Christ-like, then yeah he wouldn't be able to take criticism I guess.  I guess I can't stand seeing you suffer like you do D:

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it were an immediate problem, I would have ran back into the office to get a shotgun and hunt that damn bird down.  Not a big deal.  Just a gross nuisance.
Fixed with what I'd do.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

It's just a brand name that became so popular it's just used instead of the devices actual name. Like sellotape, but with wheeled boxes instead of sticky tape stuff. Gaylord was a surname long before it was slang for gay people.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

God damnit, Fallout New Vegas keeps crashing. Now I have to go through all of my mods to see if its the mods causing to crash, or just the game itself. I really hate how Bethesda made Obsidian release New Vegas even though it crashes all of the time.
Don't blame them, blame the Gamebryo engine, worst engine ever design for gaming. Come on Bethesda, use id Tech you own it now.
Plastic people and bugs engine, you say? How old is Gamebryo now, anyway? Must be pushing 8 at least now.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

Not to trash your point there Akigagak, but I believe you mean Scotch Tape :P
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Not to trash your point there Akigagak, but I believe you mean Scotch Tape :P

Sorry, what?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Huzzah for pressure-sensitive adhesive tape. Back to our scheduled raeg.

Fucking jobs, y u no exist.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 3345