Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698568 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am done with stories about Dudes Who Don't Scream Under Torture.

Oh my god.  It's like they never thought about improving the skills of the torturers.  Jegus.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

I read them only so I can find the answer when the one guy asks "What song is that?"

The rest is just asking for brain bleeding.

Ditto, but my unfortunately overgrown sense of curiosity compels me so.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I read them only so I can find the answer when the one guy asks "What song is that?"

The rest is just asking for brain bleeding.

Ditto, but my unfortunately overgrown sense of curiosity compels me so.
If anything, I just glance at the top comments and the author comments. Youtube is just one of those places that you go so far into stupidity that you go straight into "aneurysm stupid", completely skipping over "funny stupid". :-\

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

I am done with stories about Dudes Who Don't Scream Under Torture.

Oh my god.  It's like they never thought about improving the skills of the torturers.  Jegus.
I'm curious which stories these are.

Edit: Also my mind immediately went to a subversion for it: Dude Didn't Scream While Tortured Because His Torturer Gagged Him Because Screams Would Interfere With Precision Nerve Stimulation.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:33:45 pm by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

It's really not that hard to make a dude scream. Hell, if you're creative enough, you could pull it off with the obnoxiously improbable person who both feels no physical pain (this happens, though it usually results in death or severe brain damage at an early age when it's difficult to understand the concept of harming yourself) and is psychologically incapable of feeling upset.

My method would require an air compressor and somewhat invasive surgery, however.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

It's really not that hard to make a dude scream. Hell, if you're creative enough, you could pull it off with the obnoxiously improbable person who both feels no physical pain (this happens, though it usually results in death or severe brain damage at an early age when it's difficult to understand the concept of harming yourself) and is psychologically incapable of feeling upset.

My method would require an air compressor and somewhat invasive surgery, however.
My method requires it be a dude and I have a sledgehammer. They will wake up singin' soprano, IF THEY'RE LUCKY!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am laughing like a chicken.

Seriously.  Squawking noises are coming out of my mouth.

It's more Harry Potter fanfic, by the way, and it's apparently rather slashtacular.  I don't recommend it, but I'm trawling through the tvtropes fanfic recs in hopes of finding something as cool as Methods of Rationality.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

... Wrong thread again? or... Is chicken laughing ragey?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

The MSPA quadrants have finally cracked Vector. She now has a concept of rage laughing. God help us all and her tired flood of mismatched emotions. Soon happy waking up screaming and heping friends make up cry will make appearances.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Well at least you're laughing.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:22:49 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... Wrong thread again? or... Is chicken laughing ragey?

It's from the two posts above that one in question >_<

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

It's more Harry Potter fanfic, by the way, and it's apparently rather slashtacular.  I don't recommend it, but I'm trawling through the tvtropes fanfic recs in hopes of finding something as cool as Methods of Rationality.

The mental video of that that I'm getting is outright adorable. Record some of these squawks next time you have a bout please?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

God damnit, Fallout New Vegas keeps crashing. Now I have to go through all of my mods to see if its the mods causing to crash, or just the game itself. I really hate how Bethesda made Obsidian release New Vegas even though it crashes all of the time.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

God damnit, Fallout New Vegas keeps crashing. Now I have to go through all of my mods to see if its the mods causing to crash, or just the game itself. I really hate how Bethesda made Obsidian release New Vegas even though it crashes all of the time.
Don't blame them, blame the Gamebryo engine, worst engine ever design for gaming. Come on Bethesda, use id Tech you own it now.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

A coworker in another department (it's a 100+ employee building so it's not close knit or anything)decided that they didn't like the work I was doing over in the mailroom and decided to have my supervisor pull that client from my list of mail I handle.

She gave no specific mention of what I was doing wrong to anyone, not to me, not to my supervisor, not to my other coworker (who also handles that client and got the same deal) not even when specifically asked.  Just "They screwed it up".   

Work that hadn't left the mailroom yet for that client was checked by me, my supervisor, and others that had handled that client in the past and nothing was found to be wrong with the work.  I had handled that client's bills from the moment I started working there 4 months ago, never had any problems come back to me. 

And it also happened to be the EASIEST client I had.  I just had to open the envelope, stamp my stamp on a blank spot on the paper, put them into batches of 30 or less, write how many I had put in that batch, scribble down a few memorized numbers that identify the client, and then initial.  That's it.  There was nothing TO screw up.

But despite all that, me and the other person who worked that client got points against our records and given an official warning.  Office politics, yay...  God I wish the Computer Tech place I used to work at didn't go under...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 3345