Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698277 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

My hundredth or so failed job attempt just this year makes me rage. There is NOBODY in this town that I've found that is hiring for the summer that is willing to hire someone under 18. You know why? Every teenage job around here is filled to the brim with people who can't make it on their retirement checks. Meanwhile, there's plenty of places hiring teenagers in the town 45 minutes away! However, I can't afford the gas.

Opposite here, no one wants to hire somebody uneducated above 18 since they're more expensive.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freeform, it's no different for College students. I have friends with degrees, who are competing against people with a lifetime of experience in whatever fields they're trying to get into. Even the military is increasing their standards, because of the influx of jobless people looking for a paycheck.

I've been looking for months and months now. I'm close, but my best prospect is actually below minimum wage by several dollars, and the other is at most 15 hours a week. It's infuriating to see the multitude of people who want to work, locked in a system that won't allow them to.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, Soli. I needed to hear that. I'm just hopeful that my 4-year in IT will land me into at least the bottom of a career chain.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not a full-rage, but after watching the entire War Planets series, I find there was a game made after the line of toys the cartoon was based off of. No copies anywhere, not even the Rated ARRR! version.

Probably wasn't that good anyway, or it'd have been more popular >_>.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

No copies anywhere, not even the Rated ARRR! version.

Best euphemism ever.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Thanks, Soli. I needed to hear that. I'm just hopeful that my 4-year in IT will land me into at least the bottom of a career chain.
It should, a lot of my friends got IT degrees while I got a CS, most of them have decent paying jobs (considering Mississippi's lowish cost of living) at Stennis Space Center doing things we can't talk about. It does help if you have friends or relatives that have already been cleared. The government is actually a very large employer of IT and CS either directly as civil servants or through private contractors.

Of course, that is pretty heavily dependent on the US not getting screwed over by congress...

I think your best bet for a job in the future is to have a one armed leather jacket, vicious dog, muscle car and shotgun. That way you can be a wandering hero defending towns from raiders in exchange for precious water and gasoline.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:03:24 am by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

DRM is just a feedback loop:

A developer's game is Pirated
The Dev. Tacks on DRM to "Stop" Piracy
The Pirates Crack the game faster because everybody is annoyed with the DRM
The Dev. Uses MORE DRM
Games are cracked faster
More DRM
Faster cracking
Illegal DRM
Game cracked before it comes out

Ad Infinitum.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

So eventually the DRM will crack itself?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Eventually the crack will DRM the world.
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Eventually the crack will DRM the world.
So we'll turn into Z-Product World of Goo?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

trollface.jpg
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah shit, when my Gmail account was hacked, I forgot what I reset the password to.

EDIT: Oh goodie, I remember the security question.

EDIT2: Annnd someone or something is still trying to send emails from my account. Wading through all the garbage data in them(which actually appears to be Gmail's error output) it appears it's trying to send links to questionable(by "questionable", I mean virus-ridden death pits) sites.

* It's still the same ones as before. My stupid ass didn't check the send date, although I'm not sure why they're listed as unread.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:04:04 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

...I fucking hate the police, not that is anything new. Now excuse me as I go rage for the rest of the night over these government employed thugs.
My personality profile.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I hate the flabbergasting ammount of single-tumor type staging systems. Granted, in some tumors the disease is singular enough to merit one, but for the most part they're scales that could be fit perfectly in the TNM system, so why bother with them?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 3345