Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692762 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread - Healthcare Edition
« Reply #4665 on: July 04, 2011, 08:54:02 pm »

Good point.

Also, happy 4th.

I HATE FIREWORKS WITH NO FUSES WHEN THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONE!/rage
One of my roman candles...
But still,Phantom Fireworks FTW.
FIXED

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: July 04, 2011, 08:55:17 pm »

It isn't going to pass. Even if it gets completely down to the wire, the GOP will just reject it for no other reason than antagonizing the Democrats, meaning it will never be able to even pass Congress.
Same with PROTECT IP, I hope.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: July 04, 2011, 09:06:55 pm »

Same with PROTECT IP, I hope.

What is wrong with PROTECT IP beside an excessive and slightly-silly acronym? I confess that I only read the summary, but it seems to me that it permits action to be taken against websites dedicated specifically to copyright infringment. I was surprised to learn that such was not already permitted.

Is there something especially draconian within it that the summary does not mention?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:13:24 pm by Fenrir »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: July 04, 2011, 09:15:42 pm »

Its screwing with the DNS system for no goddamn reason other than hollywood complaining.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: July 04, 2011, 09:16:26 pm »

I think the gist of it is that it would allow the federal government to take down and destroy websites suspected of "piracy activities" without going through due process.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: July 04, 2011, 09:22:06 pm »

"piracy activities"
Define that.
That is exactly the problem here. It isn't really defined much more than that, so the government would be able to legally take down...well, anything.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: July 04, 2011, 09:23:44 pm »

"piracy activities"
Define that.
That is exactly the problem here. It isn't really defined much more than that, so the government would be able to legally take down...well, anything.
Do you see my point now?
Related.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: July 04, 2011, 09:26:22 pm »

"piracy activities"
Define that.
Do you see my point now?
Related.

I think his point was more to the point than your point, as his point was more pointed.

So yes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: July 05, 2011, 12:16:06 am »

Not in my thread you don't!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: July 05, 2011, 12:26:57 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: July 05, 2011, 11:27:43 am »

People leaving their clothes in both the washing machine and dryer, and I need to do laundry today.

Even if I wanted to, and believe me I sure as fuck don't, I can't touch them, seeing how well that went last time.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: July 05, 2011, 11:48:12 am »

I think the gist of it is that it would allow the federal government to take down and destroy websites suspected of "piracy activities" without going through due process.

Something that, personally, I vehemently oppose even when they DO go through Due Process.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: July 05, 2011, 12:26:45 pm »

We've finally got a maintenance window where we can take down one of our core switches briefly for a much-needed software upgrade.  This is a very good thing.

Problem is, that maintenance window is at 10:30 tonight.

And I've got a ~45-minute drive home afterwards.

Assuming absolutely nothing goes wrong (ha!) it'll be midnight by the time I'm home.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: July 05, 2011, 03:52:01 pm »

Now my mother is giving me attitude about using a plastic garbage bag for laundry, since the previous bag(also a garbage bag) was torn beyond use, because they cost money.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 3345