Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692305 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4620 on: July 01, 2011, 06:39:38 am »

He's my younger sibling, 12 years old.
Seriously, I don't expect much from todays youth, but they should at least know how to properly play computer games.
I know. I'm a younger brother myself. We keep together. Gotta stick it to the Bro. ;)
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: July 01, 2011, 06:57:14 am »

He's my younger sibling, 12 years old.
Seriously, I don't expect much from todays youth, but they should at least know how to properly play computer games.
I know. I'm a younger brother myself. We keep together. Gotta stick it to the Bro. ;)
You kids these days...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: July 01, 2011, 08:50:42 am »

: (

They fucked this up so bad.

So, so bad.

Why is Sonja so steady? If she was that steady she wouldn't need a wheelchair you dumbshits she is not a parapalegic she has cerebal palsy.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: July 01, 2011, 08:54:30 am »

Is the book actually good?

Because that trailer makes me think that nothing good could possibly live in the same universe as it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: July 01, 2011, 09:10:41 am »

Yeah, the book was great. Cadel was a little whiny for my tastes, but he still managed to get things done. The only other complaint is that maybe Sonja could have been a bit more active, but I guess she has a excuse to be a more passive influence than anything. Also crossdressing but that can usually be twisted into another disguise.

...Come to think of it why did he never come up with a second diguise? "Oh they know my false identity now may as well give up." Or, you know, make a disguise that doesn't involve a stuffed bra. That works too. *suspicious*

That trailer just fucked it up. SO. BAD.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:16:13 am by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: July 01, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »

The only thing keeping me sane in this fucking heat is dipping my face into cold water. >.>
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: July 01, 2011, 08:36:53 pm »

Today was NOT. MY. DAY. For starters, I woke up late. Getting ready for work, I found out that the pants I was wearing were threadbare, and there was no time to change them. Grabbed the wrong shirt (Gotta have the right secondary logos on it!) Got into my car, got tailgated by a cop whilst going under the speed limit due to an elderly person in an excessively large car/boat hybrid deciding to refuse to let either of us pass. Damn near got in a wreck when said cop decided to turn his lights on and speed through the light that I was trying to turn left in. Got to store 1, they were putting up the display that was supposed to be up last week. *facepalm* So, I helped set that up, then spent a good chunk of time training employees on product that they've "never seen before" even though I've been talking it up and doing training on this thing for a month and a half now. Got chewed out by a store employee because my brand "sucks". Store 2 (right across the street) didn't get any product at all, so, no sales there until I figure out how to get product into the store. Get lunch, and drive to city 2. Get stuck in traffic because some moron was gawking at the fighter planes (air show is in town) instead of watching where they were going. Eat lunch whilst stuck in traffic. Get "nudged" from behind, even though traffic isn't moving. Wait for traffic to clear, now covered in coke. Go back home (20 miles or so). Change shirt, even though I've only got one that's appropriate for work today. Get back on the road. Fuel light comes on. Bank account nearly empty. Afford $7ish in gas to get through the day. Get stuck in traffic on the highway again. Take a total of two and a half hours on a 20 minute trip. Get to store 3, find out that they have product, but it's not on display. Help set up demo unit that should have been set up for a week. Phone call from wife complaining that I'm taking too long. One more store to go. Get to store. Help set up yet another display and train employees who also "have never even heard of this," even though they've been trained on it at least four times. Go home, almost run out of gas. Get chewed out by wife because I "worked all day". Go hide in office and seethe with rage. Completely fuck up call reports. Have to do them all again, even though browser isn't cooperating (screw you, IE9.) Do paid training that's due tonight, and get chewed out by wife again, because we won't get to go to the carnival that I don't want to go to in the first place. [/rant] Thanks for letting me sound off, B12.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: July 01, 2011, 11:08:27 pm »

No problem.  Wow, are you some kind of higher up manager type person?  After reading that... I think that gives me a little more respect for corporate when they demand something done a certain way.  From my perspective, they're being annoying.  But from theirs/yours, I see now, you pay for that product to be sent there and set up that certain way because it HAS to be that way dang it.  I understand now  :)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #4628 on: July 02, 2011, 01:32:28 am »

The childishness(?) of certain thread owners never cease to amaze me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: July 02, 2011, 01:48:51 am »

I never want to see another post like the one I just saw again.

Fuckers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: July 02, 2011, 03:16:03 am »

I never want to see another post like the one I just saw again.

Fuckers.
Dare I ask what post this was? Was it the one directly above yours, or one in a different one entirely?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: July 02, 2011, 03:18:51 am »

Dare I ask what post this was? Was it the one directly above yours, or one in a different one entirely?

Different thread; let's not dogpile.  You'll find it if you find it, though there's methods that would make it rather easy to find.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: July 02, 2011, 05:18:33 am »

So cryptic, hehe.

The Company of Heroes World Builder is driving me nuts. I've probably put as much time into this thing over the last 8? years as most games I've played to death. I've long gotten familiar and comfortable with its quirks, short comings and fuck ups.

But I haven't used it in a while, and not on Win 7 64-bit. Thing runs fine....until you get close to problem areas for the engine, like making large changes to height map at once, operating with your view outside the sky box and other things....

The result is I've spent easily the last 5 fucking hours trying to rough out a height map for a new 4v4 MP map. This should be the easiest goddamn thing in the world to do, even easier than when I was running on a PC with 1/2 the processing power, memory and video capacity. Yet the WB decides, sort of at random, that it's had enough and crashes, sometimes taking the map file with it and always taking any auto save file with it.

The sickest part is I've been trying to make this overall map for probably the last two years. The height and so and so I want are virtually burned into my psyche, yet I'm stuck in some kind of sisyphian struggle with the damn editor to make it happen. Grah!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:24:43 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: July 02, 2011, 11:54:39 am »

- really bad day -
Ye-ouch.

Assuming you are a management-type, you could easily fire a few people there, especially the employee who said the product they were supposed to be trying to sell "sucks"(what if a customer heard that?).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: July 02, 2011, 11:55:25 am »

Nah... he's on sales... =/

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 3345