Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691544 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4605 on: June 30, 2011, 07:09:31 pm »

You may want to redownload/update IE8 Akura, because that's the browser I use and it works just fine. Your browser might have gotten corrupted or somthing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: June 30, 2011, 07:28:10 pm »

Not sure how that happened, but that might also explain why the Hazeron wiki is bugging out on me.

EDIT: Downloaded the IE8 installer from Microsoft. Doesn't install, says there's a more recent version installed.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:17:51 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: June 30, 2011, 10:20:07 pm »

Computer has been having crazy issues.  This is just... AUGH! 
Why can't these stupid things just work?!

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: June 30, 2011, 11:33:42 pm »

When I wanted to mod dwarf waste into df and was told I couldn't. Then I realized I could. Then I thought I couldn't but I was recently told that I should be able to albeit in a different manner. !!RAGE!!
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: July 01, 2011, 12:19:58 am »

Huh? Of course you can it's easy.

LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS, a poo glob or toy, and a nest box. You can even copy the nest box and call the new tool "Toilet"
They tend to spend an awful long time on the toilet though, but still break away to do jobs, just zoom back to their poo's
I didn't bother with poo collectin' though. That's too much.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:22:33 am by Reelyanoob »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: July 01, 2011, 12:28:32 am »

While we're still somewhat derailed, I'll point out the thing with California and Amazon. Not really affecting this side of the country, but it might to one of you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: July 01, 2011, 12:34:15 am »

While we're still somewhat derailed, I'll point out the thing with California and Amazon. Not really affecting this side of the country, but it might to one of you.

I don't think I fully understand.  Are they not even shipping over here anymore, or what?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: July 01, 2011, 12:43:16 am »

Nothing like that. Store or individual residents who currently are "affiliates" will have to pay tax, collected by Amazon's parent company, but only if the affiliate is a California resident.

Anything only done via internet from outside the state will not be affected. (protected by federal law, so california cannot tax that)

Admittedly that's all I know. Basically the "affiliates" sound like just paid ad-links to amazon that bloggers use. So banner ads etc will go away, if the person with the site linking the Amazon Ad is a California resident, otherwise Amazon would have to withhold a percentage of the commission to pay the taxes.

It also might affect some local bookstores which order via Amazon, that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 06:15:58 am by Reelyanoob »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: July 01, 2011, 12:54:38 am »

I am so agnry!  I am just agrny at everything!  So so so arngy!

No I can't do this.  I'm not angry at all I'm just messing with you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: July 01, 2011, 01:03:19 am »

I don't think I fully understand.  Are they not even shipping over here anymore, or what?
You can buy from amazon, but all affiliate payments from Amazon to Californians are being terminated because of the new tax law. Every other state to do this (except NY) has had the same thing happen. (It doesn't really seem to help anyway, from the comments it sounds like losing all the amazon affiliates will affect income tax revenue badly in a noticeable way)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: July 01, 2011, 01:04:55 am »

Huh... okay.  Thanks for helping.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: July 01, 2011, 05:34:53 am »

Watching my brother play any computer game.
He operates the WASD keys with two fingers only from a weird angle and it looks completely stupid.
Then he tries to explain to me, that it's more effective that way.

ಠ_ಠ

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:37:39 am by Mindmaker »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:58 am »

It's just one of those things older siblings are incapable of understanding. Like reason, or how magnets work :P
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: July 01, 2011, 06:17:14 am »

He's my younger sibling, 12 years old.
Seriously, I don't expect much from todays youth, but they should at least know how to properly play computer games.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: July 01, 2011, 06:28:23 am »

It's pretty easy to develop weird keyboard quirks, and you get used to them. Like if I try to do proper "touch typing" with all fingers hitting the "correct" keys I'm about 1/3 the speed as using my self-taught B.S. typing.

When he says "more effective" he means, even though he may not realize it, "more effective than learning to do it properly", which is short-term. That hill (or dip in performance from trying to change) effectively prevents him changing his style.

Solution - break the finger he uses the most
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 06:32:02 am by Reelyanoob »
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 3345