Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694382 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4290 on: June 16, 2011, 06:04:20 pm »

If people will stick to the original thread, then so will I.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that.  The original derail was my fault.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: June 16, 2011, 06:05:16 pm »

Should I point out that the "original thread" is also a derail?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: June 16, 2011, 06:05:50 pm »

Should I point out that the "original thread" is also a derail?

Nah, just ignore that part :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: June 16, 2011, 06:09:31 pm »

Ugh.. The fact that every time I look in a mirror I'm faced with reminders of things I'd rather forget... and I have glass shards in my hand.
Related?
just a tad
*Hugs*

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: June 16, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »

Have a male kid, be sure to keep from circumcising him, and then contradict SalmonGod on a subject he said he wouldn't discuss anymore which he presumably has vastly more experience in than you do.

YO!

Nah, can't really be bothered. I'mma rage about ... dishes. I do the dishes, right? Well someone in the house seems to think that means dishes are to be heaped in the sink like offerings to the dishwasher to be inspected by yours truely like I'm the high priest of dishwashing. It is a cereal bowl. It has a slight film of milk on it. Rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher. This is not be TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT, this is COMMON SENSE. Why should the cereal bowl sit in the sink for half the day collecting flies and getting dried on like its cheese or some shit when you could DEAL WITH YOUR OWN MESS YOURSELF.

AND THIS CONVERSATION ISN'T ABOUT LAUNDRY DON'T BRING UP LAUNDRY WE ARE DISCUSSING THE DAMNED DISHES IN THE SINK RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG.

Who else has to deal with similar bullshit?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: June 16, 2011, 06:37:25 pm »

Who else has to deal with similar bullshit?
You kidding me? I'm the only person in the house who washes everything I use right when I'm done using it. Those drunk bastards just leave stuff in the sink, on the counter, or even on the stove, with partial(and sometimes entire, untouched and uneaten) meals still on or in it left to rot, only doing the dishes when there literally is no cookware left to use.

And they bitch at me for not cleaning up after myself.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: June 16, 2011, 06:40:18 pm »

My roommates were like that too. On the one hand, crap in the sink constantly. On the other, free beer. I requested a transfer inside the complex after a few months.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: June 16, 2011, 06:53:08 pm »

How about Halflife?  That counts, doesn't it?

I wouldn't know about modern FPS's being easy.  I kind of suck at all/most of them.

Unfortunately I never played Half-Life in its entirety.  Only about an hour worth of gameplay.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: June 16, 2011, 07:05:46 pm »

Wow, all this penis talk is confusing the living fuck out of me.

I was circumcised at birth due to religious obligations and hygiene.

My Dad said that he knew a kid who got some funky infection because he wasn't circumcised till he was 10 or summat.

Also, I RAEG at toe-stubbing.

It hurts like fuck.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: June 16, 2011, 07:11:52 pm »

Dude. Acanthus. Look down for once. PLEASE.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: June 16, 2011, 07:12:33 pm »

Do lizards even have a foreskin?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: June 16, 2011, 07:12:59 pm »

But then he hits his head against something!

At least if he's any like me.

Which, considering how often he stubs his toe, is quite a lot.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: June 16, 2011, 07:22:40 pm »

Do lizards even have a foreskin?

Wow, you guys made me snort up hot coffee and spew it over my cat. At least the laughs were worth it.

Shame on you two. (not really)

And yeah, I stub my toe a lot, on door frames and closets and chairs, even on my cat once. The worst time was when it cost my the nail on my big toe :X

I am angry at my crippled sense of spatial perception in general.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: June 16, 2011, 08:33:16 pm »

Nah, can't really be bothered. I'mma rage about ... dishes. I do the dishes, right? Well someone in the house seems to think that means dishes are to be heaped in the sink like offerings to the dishwasher to be inspected by yours truely like I'm the high priest of dishwashing. It is a cereal bowl. It has a slight film of milk on it. Rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher. This is not be TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT, this is COMMON SENSE. Why should the cereal bowl sit in the sink for half the day collecting flies and getting dried on like its cheese or some shit when you could DEAL WITH YOUR OWN MESS YOURSELF.

This. This is the single most raeg inducing thing I run into on a daily basis.

I'm not a "clean" person. Some people might even call me fairly dirty. But one thing I am adamant about is not cooking food in a filthy kitchen. It came from 4 years as a line cook/dishwasher. I can't stand filth where I'm going to cook, because of cross contamination, the smell of rotting food or just the fucking principle of the matter.

And someone in my house has this weird obsession with dish stacking. Up to a week's worth. My family always practiced the method of "rinse it now, put it in the dishwasher now" because it makes for less dishes and quicker clean up. So what do they do? They half rinse it, then leave it in the sink. Giant cast iron skillet? They leave it in the sink. Double wide pot for boiling pasta? They leave it in the sink. Full size cutting board? Filthy, and sitting next to the sink. 60 pieces of silverware that aren't really dirty, sitting in a pot full of water, for a week! My nice cutlery? HAS SHIT CAKED TO IT AND IS SITTING UNDERWATER FOR DAYS AT A TIME!

To even move the fucking faucet, you have to clean something.

Sometimes I walk into my kitchen and I just want to take a bat to the whole sink, it pisses me off that bad. Never forget the liter-sized wine bottles, that appear once a day next to sink because someone both loves wine, and believes in recycling, but only has enough energy to DRINK wine, not recycle the bottle, further reducing the piddly amount of space around in the sink. When I'm starving, the last thing I want to do is plunge my hands into filthy, stinking dish water to clean someone else's mess, but god damn me if that isn't what I have to do EVERY FUCKING TIME I GO TO COOK.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:38:32 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: June 16, 2011, 10:27:41 pm »

:(
That's what I do, and so does my whole family.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 3345