Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694927 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4275 on: June 16, 2011, 05:37:07 pm »

And it's worth pointing out that the only people who make an issue out of it are those who are uncircumcised, Bohandas being the only exception I have ever encountered in my life.
That's a strawman argument.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: June 16, 2011, 05:37:53 pm »

Oh, Jesus.

Have a male kid, be sure to keep from circumcising him, and then contradict SalmonGod on a subject he said he wouldn't discuss anymore which he presumably has vastly more experience in than you do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: June 16, 2011, 05:39:59 pm »

Ok, I hereby accept his personal anecdotes as fact.
Is your inner scientist happy now?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: June 16, 2011, 05:42:34 pm »

Ok, I hereby accept his personal anecdotes as fact.
Is your inner scientist happy now?

The part of me that is trying to kill the derail here is happy.

The inner scientist doesn't give a fuck, because what I really want to do right now is relax.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: June 16, 2011, 05:44:52 pm »

Fine, as long as nobody else comes around, I shall chill the fuck out and drop the topic.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: June 16, 2011, 05:46:34 pm »

And it's worth pointing out that the only people who make an issue out of it are those who are uncircumcised, Bohandas being the only exception I have ever encountered in my life.
That's a strawman argument.
It's not a strawman so much... it's just that the argument could equally apply in reverse.  "It's worth pointing out that the only people who make an issue out of not being circumsized are those who are circumsized".  It's almost as if the vast majority of men are happy with the shape of their penises either way, and it's difficult to tell whether the (relatively small) risks of circumcision outweigh the (relatively small) benefits.

The part of me that is trying to kill the derail here is happy.
...Is consistently taking a side in a debate derail really helpful in stopping it...?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: June 16, 2011, 05:49:44 pm »

Bay12; the only website I know where a thread about raging could be briefly turned into a thread about circumcision.

Anyway, I'm raging because I just realised how bland and easy most modern FPS games are.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: June 16, 2011, 05:52:53 pm »

Fine, as long as nobody else comes around, I shall chill the fuck out and drop the topic.

Cool.  Argue about this to your heart's content in the actual thread, by the way, but I'm exerting "Vector Space Police Force" here because multiple people have asked us to stop discussing dicks in the rage thread.  So, er... yup.  That's all.

Over and out.

...Is consistently taking a side in a debate derail really helpful in stopping it...?

*shrug*

I'll make my position clear.  I felt like arguing a while ago.  I thought SalmonGod's post was interesting.  About halfway in the middle of writing that post I went "auuuugh no more arguing let's just chill."

So, uh, I can't say that I'm doing a good job, but my current position is going to be to stop the derail, I guess, more than anything else.  If SG feels like discussing it more, he can hop over to the original thread.  But there's no need to hang out here, replying to someone who said he wouldn't talk back.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: June 16, 2011, 05:53:28 pm »

Bay12; the only website I know where a thread about raging could be briefly turned into a thread about circumcision.

Anyway, I'm raging because I just realised how bland and easy most modern FPS games are.

I love so many 90's FPSs.  Doom, Heretic, Quake, Descent.  And Shogo but that's early 2000s.

The only modern FPSs I really liked were Bioshock and the Metroid Prime series.  Everything else seems so recycled.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: June 16, 2011, 05:54:54 pm »

How about Halflife?  That counts, doesn't it?

I wouldn't know about modern FPS's being easy.  I kind of suck at all/most of them.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: June 16, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »

Ugh.. The fact that every time I look in a mirror I'm faced with reminders of things I'd rather forget... and I have glass shards in my hand.
*Hugs*

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: June 16, 2011, 05:57:26 pm »

I enjoyed TF2 as a non-generic FPS until it got all weird with the hats and the grinding.  I can't think of many FPS's I've really enjoyed in the last 4 or 5 years though. 

But I'm hoping that the new Serious Sam is as much fun as the originals.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: June 16, 2011, 06:01:17 pm »

Ugh.. The fact that every time I look in a mirror I'm faced with reminders of things I'd rather forget... and I have glass shards in my hand.
Related?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: June 16, 2011, 06:02:16 pm »

In the hand... or in the hand?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: June 16, 2011, 06:03:40 pm »

*shrug*
If he had posted it in the actual topic, I would have answered in the actual topic.
He posted it here, so I reacted here.

That's all there is to it.
I'm not doing anyone a favor.
If people will stick to the original thread, then so will I.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 3345