Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709361 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4185 on: June 13, 2011, 08:10:31 pm »

What the fuck happens to the Canucks when they go to Boston? This is horse shit hockey.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: June 13, 2011, 08:38:43 pm »

No, he was definitely a blithering idiot. I've never seen a teacher at any level that can't spell the word "Evidence" and goes on a 45 minute tangent about Ted Kennedy hating the US Military.

All I can suggest is ... tape his lectures, send any "good" tapes to the Dean etc, with a threat to release them to the media. See how quickly things change then. If not, then it shows how little people care about philosophy that they let this crap get taught.

Bear in mind however that There may be legal issues with regard to audio recording somebody without their consent. There are a couple of loopholes around this issue however, you could get permission by saying that it is to aid note-taking (with this approach you might also be able to bypass the need for the professor's direct consent to be recorded if you push the proper paperwork through at your school's disability office). Alternatively, you could make a soundless video recording whike keeping the professor's mouth in view so that what he is saying in the video could later be extracted by a skilled lip-reader; (alternatively you might achieve a similar end if you had some kind of portable oscilloscope that you could keep in view).
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: June 13, 2011, 08:50:29 pm »

Mass spam bot attack in Life Advice. There's like 5 threads for it. Damn bots.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: June 13, 2011, 09:00:41 pm »

Mass spam bot attack in Life Advice. There's like 5 threads for it. Damn bots.

We should compile a list of products and websites that have been advertised by spambots and look up as mant sites as we can that have reviews of said products or products made by affiliated companies so that we can then launch a concentrated mudslinging campaign against them.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: June 13, 2011, 10:54:05 pm »

This makes me rage. The palette should be filled with a bunch of different colors, but even though the image is a PNG, it decided to reduce the colors to what was being used. I hate having to fix this by making an image and saving over the old one, which takes a while for me because my laptop is shitty and it takes forever to navigate folders. >:C

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: June 14, 2011, 12:05:39 am »

Got halfway through a STF (Special Task force, like a 5 man group high time-taking mission(Also a royal pain in the ass)) on STO and it bugged and I got stuck and the only way to unstuck was to beam out and back in but doing this reset me to an earlier part of the mission, So I couldn't rejoin the group.

That was an awesome group too, and I missed the accolade (Achievement) that would of given me the ability to hire a Liberated Borg Bridge officer. :(
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:10:44 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: June 14, 2011, 01:58:30 am »

-snip-

GraphicsGale, huh? If you want to have a consistent color palette, save it in the Color Palette menu (the black down arrow thing). You can load that palette, or even just borrow selected colors from it at any time, and add them to your 256 current colors.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: June 14, 2011, 02:07:37 am »

I say this mostly due to various folks I know who will take anything with "scientists say" in front as absolutely correct, (and anything "priests/people in liberal arts say" as automatically incorrect or too obvious to accord any respect) and follow the concept of science with a near-religious zeal, to the exclusion of modes of thinking which do not employ physical experiments.  The expertise of a scientist is lauded over the expertise of any other kind of thinker... despite the fact that all of us can be deeply wrong.
Post is a bit old, but if you ever want to have fun with these people, print off a few flyers saying "Science has shown that 78.3 percent of scientific statistics are made up to suit the scientists' purposes" or some such nonsense. Watch their brains melt when they find one. For added fun, pad the length to a page or two, then watch them read it and record their facial expressions the further they get.

As for my rage of the day... forgetting to turn off the water to a certain under-watered tree. And then learning that my brother had watered it earlier. The poor tree's probably drowned by now...
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: June 14, 2011, 03:21:50 am »

What the hell is wrong with some people?

We now have spammy threads about spammers spamming bay12.

BIG HINT GUYS! BAY12 ALWAYS HAS SPAMMERS AND YOU ARE ONLY MAKING IT WORSE!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: June 14, 2011, 03:22:55 am »

Two, we have two, you don't even need to respond to one, actually, I just locked it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: June 14, 2011, 03:23:51 am »

Two huh? And how many add bot threads do we have floating around?

Specially since these two popped up at the same time.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: June 14, 2011, 03:27:52 am »

And yet serve a different purpose.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: June 14, 2011, 03:29:13 am »

They both serve the same purpose as far as I can see.

To infuriate me and lower my respect of people.

Also, something about reducing spam via posting more spam.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: June 14, 2011, 03:34:11 am »

Anyone else noticed the spammers seem to be more prolific during summer? It's like someone is hiring students to be organic spambots during summer break. The next-gen telemarketers.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: June 14, 2011, 03:35:26 am »

Cript, saying that something infuriates you is like saying that a fish finds water a livable habitat.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 3345