Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709209 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4125 on: June 10, 2011, 11:38:51 pm »

What? I never got the intention that this forum was elitist. This forum has zero trolls at all and has a really good admin. And besides the MC forum is mainly composed of little kids and their opinion doesn't count as much.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: June 10, 2011, 11:39:22 pm »

Upper forums, at least.
Most people's impression of B12 comes from there with no thought given to the lower forums.
Pretty sure the MC (лол) Forums don't really like us and Reddit thinks we're full of elitists.
Or something like that.
Going to have to agree with them somewhat, what with the Toady fanwankery and other ridiculosity that goes on up there.
Ah. That makes sense, except for the elitist part. But its only half the forums!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: June 10, 2011, 11:41:01 pm »

I agree totally on the upper boards. But again the lower boards aren't liked by the upper boards too. And there was a ton of drama over this recently and there was spinning of bullshit out of control and bans and whining and much bullshit.

Pretty much every section of the community has more or less dug their own holes and the rest of the board mostly will be unpalatable to people in other holes. It's sad but it's what's happened somehow.

Curses is at least as chill as the lower boards are on good days.
Ah. That makes sense, except for the elitist part. But its only half the forums!

Visit other games. There's a whole ton of Elitists up there. And half is well... Half. Half is big. Very big.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: June 10, 2011, 11:41:14 pm »

CEASE WITH YOUR POINTLESS BICKERING. IT ACHIEVES NOTHING AND WILL ONLY RESULT IN MUTES. THAT IS ALL.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: June 10, 2011, 11:43:09 pm »

For the moment, at least, this has ceased to be bickering and is a momentary discussion on Bay 12's internal factions and reputation with other forums.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: June 10, 2011, 11:48:09 pm »

For the elitism...

Yeah, it's pretty bad up there.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: June 10, 2011, 11:52:44 pm »

I remember that thread... Cooled off a bit since then. Still play DF a bit. (mostly a mega fort in 40d building a cathedral to Armok)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: June 11, 2011, 01:16:54 am »

Quote from: name redacted
Quote from: Dev log
Celebrating dad's birthday today, so I won't get to much else. I'm going to do some of the sponsorship animals next to avoid falling further behind on that. I'll probably make that a weekend thing now.

This made me happy. Toady can be normal and still get work done, unlike Notch. And Toady can take all the vacations he wants, he's done an amazing job so far and I know he will continue to be amazing.

Yes, because once Notch starts using his (GASP!) PERSONAL blog (let me repeat that a little louder) PERSONAL BLOG about his PERSONAL LIFE the Minecraft fanboys who are used to the 90% Minecraft start raging at how "lazy" Notch is when he starts posting more about his PERSONAL LIFE. Just because he posts some stuff about his PERSONAL life does NOT MEAN HE'S BEING LAZY! If Notch didn't post about his personal life, this wouldn't be happening, and everyone would be perfectly fine thinking Notch was still an excellent game designer!

/RAGE!

Also, does anyone else think that it would be cheaper if NASA bought out the rocket fuel manufacturers? They are (almost) the only customer, and it would be so much cheaper for them to send stuff into space.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: June 11, 2011, 01:22:17 am »

Ummm... Pyro? We had that exact quote. And it started quite a shitfest. Please don't start it back up.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: June 11, 2011, 01:25:25 am »

Unfortunately, I wasn't here to post in time for that, but not trying to restart shitfest, just raging.

NOBODY COMMENT ON THE RAGE IN MY LAST POST!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: June 11, 2011, 02:48:04 am »

I don't know what's wrong with fanwankery as long as you aren't obnoxious about it.

Unless my idea of fanwanking is wrong, and fanwanking is supposed to have an inherent sense of obnoxiousness to it.

In which case I guess I stealth fanwank.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: June 11, 2011, 03:09:49 am »

This is the dwarf fortress forums. They will have fanboys on them. This is their default natural place to be. It's no different than Bioware's or Bethesda's official fora, try going there and write some well-deserved criticism of their games and not stir up a shitstorm. Fans are defensive of what they like. They should be allowed to be so.
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: June 11, 2011, 03:15:16 am »

Upper forums, at least.
Most people's impression of B12 comes from there with no thought given to the lower forums.
Pretty sure the MC (лол) Forums don't really like us and Reddit thinks we're full of elitists.
Or something like that.
Going to have to agree with them somewhat, what with the Toady fanwankery and other ridiculosity that goes on up there.
To add to the people who think the comminity are dicks, I saw a few people say "Fuck the elitist pricks at Bay12" on Newgrounds and I saw ONE person (just one) rant about how elitist the community is here on some emulation website.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:16:47 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: June 11, 2011, 03:26:12 am »

So I'm going to make good on my promise from page 1. This is no longer soul-gratifying raeg (or a stream of Akura-related raeg.) It's bickering.

Locking this thread so people have some time to remember what it's for. I had to go back 3 pages to find out where it started.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: June 12, 2011, 05:15:48 am »

Now back your regularly scheduled raeg.

What the fuck, Sketchup? I know I'm asking you to work overtime, but this shit is ridiculous. Create terrain grid. Explode the grid. Click the Smoove Tool and......?

10 minutes later, you finally respond again. I click off the Smoove Tool, and you revert the terrain grid back to default, meaning ANOTHER 10 minutes of waiting for you to do the same thing, again. What fucking voodoo does it take for you to do your job consistently?!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 3345