Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708939 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4095 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:19 pm »

Agreed. Just sling some more mud just because you think Toady is better [fine young forum user].

I propose a massive mud wrestling free-for-all to the death between Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft forums.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: June 10, 2011, 09:32:48 pm »

In my case I was disliking the Toady worship that seems rampant on here. DF is alright, but Toady is no deity. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fanbase embarrassed him by now.

Truer words have yet to be spoken on this subject.

While I love DF, I find it really weird that there are Toady fanboys like name redacted over yonder hill.

I propose a massive mud wrestling free-for-all to the death between Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft forums.

That would be like an apocalypse to end all apocalypses.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »

Agreed. Just sling some more mud just because you think Toady is better [fine young forum user].

I don't think that would end well. I think that would end in a mass-death by magma. Proceed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:34 pm »

[

That would be like an apocalypse to end all apocalypses.
I'll get the popcorn.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: June 10, 2011, 09:39:09 pm »

I'll get the popcorn.

I think it'll be up to us to provide the mud, also.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: June 10, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »

Eh, I wasn't really mudslinging at Notch. Just taking a dig at his work ethic, which is not the most admirable :P and I don't worship Toady, I just think it's reasonable to expect excellent work from him in the future on the basis that in my opinion his past work has been excellent. And [all you forumers] need not redact my name, I promise I don't give a flying fuck what you say about me.

...yeah, I'm just a little steamed, and not by this occurrence. Pay no attention >:I

Edit: You know what, fuck everything I just said. Fuck you all for jumping on one fucking statement I made. This stupid fucking thread and its rage-prone occupants made me rage today. I recognize the inherent stupidity in such a statement, I'm just pissed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 09:42:24 pm by Vertigon »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: June 10, 2011, 09:40:46 pm »

I'll get the popcorn.

I think it'll be up to us to provide the mud, also.

Actually, we could probably import it from Terraria. We've got plenty of it over there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: June 10, 2011, 09:43:42 pm »

Oddly. Out of the three of Dwarf fortress, Minecraft and Terraria. I actually get the most enjoyment out of Terraria. Because for me it just grabs stuff that makes a game fun for me and runs with it.

All of them are good though. And I respect all the devs in question as developers and game designers.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: June 10, 2011, 09:45:24 pm »

and I don't worship Toady, I just think it's reasonable to expect excellent work from him in the future on the basis that in my opinion his past work has been excellent.

For the record, Toady is basically my favorite game dev at this point.  It's hard to dispute that his originality and dedication is pretty much unrivaled.  He's also founded a pretty awesome community.  Just because fanboyism can give rise to improper behavior doesn't mean it's misplaced.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:06 pm »

Oddly. Out of the three of Dwarf fortress, Minecraft and Terraria. I actually get the most enjoyment out of Terraria. Because for me it just grabs stuff that makes a game fun for me and runs with it.

All of them are good though. And I respect all the devs in question as developers and game designers.
And what happens when you add LCS to the pile? And you know who started it, and got it a fair portion of the way to where it is now? Toady. :-\
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: June 10, 2011, 10:00:16 pm »

LCS wasn't one of the three.
Anyway, the reason I posted it was both a combination of praising Toady and demeaning Notch.
I removed the name because it's not just any one person involved, that quote just happened to be there.
I'd go on about it, but I'll let Duke do so, if he wants to get involved.
My rants get rambly and nonsensical.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:45 pm »

And what happens when you add LCS to the pile? And you know who started it, and got it a fair portion of the way to where it is now? Toady. :-\

And who made it fun for me? Not toady. Again what the hell. I guess not worshiping Toady is god damn treason to some members here. To say I belittle his involvement in LCS is to just be saying an outright lie. It's just not comparable since for one it's not part of the massive shitstorm of mud slinging, and two the only people that know about it anyway are from this very forum or read about it on TVtropes. Or possibly just found out through Jefmajor or Grimith on youtube.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: June 10, 2011, 10:25:09 pm »

isn't that usually the point of a rant?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: June 10, 2011, 10:27:32 pm »

isn't that usually the point of a rant?
I have to agree here. If you remain coherent, you aren't doing it right.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: June 10, 2011, 10:33:29 pm »

And who made it fun for me? Not toady. Again what the hell. I guess not worshiping Toady is god damn treason to some members here. To say I belittle his involvement in LCS is to just be saying an outright lie. It's just not comparable since for one it's not part of the massive shitstorm of mud slinging, and two the only people that know about it anyway are from this very forum or read about it on TVtropes. Or possibly just found out through Jefmajor or Grimith on youtube.
See the thing is,  you're acting like these developers have only ever made one game each, which just isn't true. If the potshot was about someone comparing the devwork one DF in comparison to the devwork of Minecraft, that's fine. But it wasn't. It was comparing Toady to Notch, man to man. The shear size of the library of Toady's games in comparison to Notch's puts Toady in a firmly ahead position. I would stand for a shot at DF. I don't even play it anymore. But to judge them as if they are on equal ground to start just isn't fair.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 3345