Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708943 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4080 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:02 am »

I learnt that Skyrim is going to be a console port...RAAAAAAGGEEEEE.
...so?
I never quite understood PC Elitism, myself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: June 10, 2011, 09:36:00 am »

I learnt that Skyrim is going to be a console port...RAAAAAAGGEEEEE.

If it makes you feel any better, Oblivion and the Fallouts were console->PC ports too.

Of course it showed... so I'm not sure if that was meant to help you enjoy Skyrim or abandon Bethesda all-together. At least a lot of the problems have been solvable by modding... eventually.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: June 10, 2011, 09:36:47 am »

What has that to do with elitism?

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: June 10, 2011, 09:39:05 am »

It means its going to be designed for hardware thats showing its age and will likely have a less than brilliant interface designed to work better on consoles.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: June 10, 2011, 09:40:01 am »

I never quite understood PC Elitism, myself.
It's not elitism, it means the UI won't be suited for computers, and will probably not accomodate for keyboards being much more versatile than console controllers. Just like Oblivion and Fallout3 were.

Unless he argues that the game itself will be worse because of it being console orginally, in which case I agree.

pseudo-edit: Ninja'd by shadows!
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: June 10, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »

I've basically given up on Bethesda.  I tried really really hard to like Oblivion and Fallout 3.  There are so many things that I did like about them, and I appreciate that they experiment with new gameplay concepts more than most other game companies... but they don't know how to balance and the feel of the controls is always so unbearably clumsy.  In both cases, I found myself thinking that I could be playing Mount & Blade or Stalker, respectively, instead and not feel like my character was half-asleep all the time... both of which were developed for the PC.

Yes, the hate against consoles is justified.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: June 10, 2011, 04:30:17 pm »

It means its going to be designed for hardware thats showing its age and will likely have a less than brilliant interface designed to work better on consoles.

And it will likely lack many features on release that it would have had, if the PC had lead development. Like decent key config options, at the very least. I wanted to throttle someone when I saw how mangled Dead Rising 2 was. You could only rebind keys by going into very cryptically written config files, because I believe they just ripped the code from the Xbox development and dumped it straight into PC files.

There are plenty of reasons for PC users to be annoyed with consoles.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: June 10, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »

and its not like the pc is a small market. There are around 1 billion personal computers in use, so if we assume only 5% of pc users will buy the game, thats still a similar number of xbox and ps3 consoles out there, and certainly not every console user will buy the game.

for reference:

Quote from: Number of Consoles
55m xbox 360
50 million ps3

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: June 10, 2011, 06:18:13 pm »

I had no issues with Oblivion on my xbox 360... sure navigating menus was a little awkward, but I learned eventually.  Then later when I tried it on a PC, it drove me NUTS because I had no coordination whatsoever.  Don't know what you folks are talking about, I really enjoyed Oblivion.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: June 10, 2011, 09:13:52 pm »

Quote from: name redacted
Quote from: Dev log
Celebrating dad's birthday today, so I won't get to much else. I'm going to do some of the sponsorship animals next to avoid falling further behind on that. I'll probably make that a weekend thing now.

This made me happy. Toady can be normal and still get work done, unlike Notch. And Toady can take all the vacations he wants, he's done an amazing job so far and I know he will continue to be amazing.

*sigh*

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: June 10, 2011, 09:18:21 pm »

Celebrating dad's birthday today, so I won't get to much else. I'm going to do some of the sponsorship animals next to avoid falling further behind on that. I'll probably make that a weekend thing now.

This made me happy. Toady can be normal and still get work done, unlike Notch. And Toady can take all the vacations he wants, he's done an amazing job so far and I know he will continue to be amazing.

*sigh*

Agreed. Just sling some more mud just because you think Toady is better [fine young forum user].
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: June 10, 2011, 09:22:03 pm »

*sigh*
Wait, I'm a bit confused here. Is the RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE directed at Notch or Name Redacted? If the latter, why?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: June 10, 2011, 09:22:37 pm »

*sigh*
Wait, I'm a bit confused here. Is the RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE directed at Notch or Name Redacted? If the latter, why?
If I'm understanding Ein, the hating on Notch for "promise breaking" by many people, including Name Redacted, is why.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: June 10, 2011, 09:25:43 pm »

McAfee didn't autoupdate, my laptop got infected with the Win 7 Security 2012 virus, had to spend about 2 hours restoring it to the last backup date and fixing my McAfee files(it looks like the issue was caused by intereference between my subscription and the 10-day free trial that came with the laptop).

Face, meet desk.

Edit: Didn't help that I haven't needed the password for more than a year, and had to dig through a metric fuckton of old paperwork to find it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: June 10, 2011, 09:27:30 pm »

In my case I was disliking the Toady worship that seems rampant on here. DF is alright, but Toady is no deity. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fanbase embarrassed him by now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 3345