Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708620 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3960 on: June 06, 2011, 01:16:23 am »

It's good you're getting the word out, Akura!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: June 06, 2011, 03:24:14 am »

Why do people have to support perverted suggestions.

Just god damn why.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3962 on: June 06, 2011, 03:51:42 am »

Removed noah22223's random pony stuff.  He ignored a warning earlier today, so he's been muted for 3 days.  I know I accidentally deleted a few posts that weren't related to the derail, about spilling water or something.  Apologies for that.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:07 am »

Just god damn why.
In the DF suggestions forum? *goes take a look*
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: June 06, 2011, 03:58:39 am »

Just god damn why.
In the DF suggestions forum? *goes take a look*
Short version, in the beginner supervillain forum game Armok suggested the player using a gender change spell on themselves and go masturbate.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:02:04 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: June 06, 2011, 05:45:11 am »

Well that was a fun conversation. Apparently because Software design and analysis means the same as the IT help desk, and that is just a supporting service, and a secondary thought to a business, programmers do not deserve to be paid any more then any other phone support service. I mean some people can not understand what programmers do any less! You see all those pretty interfaces? Well there is code behind that, and generating that code means a lot more then sitting down with a cup of coffee and hacking at it mindlessly. But noo, programmers are good for nothing more then telling you how to include a foot note in word.

And this bullshit came from an architect. As in the building sort. I would expect a little more understanding, as it is safe to say there is a lot more to a good, solid structure than the walls you can see. Silly fools, unable to understand that these applications don't just magically happen!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: June 06, 2011, 05:57:58 am »

I read your post in Dr Steel's voice.
Oh gods, you're not going to turn that business into an evil death machine are you!? D:

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: June 06, 2011, 06:07:42 am »

Evil death machine that plays awesome funky tunes as it tears apart accountants with it's steam powered buzz saws.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: June 06, 2011, 07:30:01 am »

And this bullshit came from an architect. As in the building sort. I would expect a little more understanding, as it is safe to say there is a lot more to a good, solid structure than the walls you can see. Silly fools, unable to understand that these applications don't just magically happen!

Are you kidding? Most architects I know don't, in fact, understand the structure behind the walls you see. that's up to the engineers.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: June 06, 2011, 08:10:24 am »

Have to miss work since they didn't give me any money for the bus. And it'll be very difficult to explain things over the phone with him close enough to listen in on the conversation.

That, and I haven't eaten anything in the past 18 hours.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: June 06, 2011, 08:57:34 am »

Someone moved my sketchpad and I can't find it. If it was just a normal sketchpad, I'd be a bit angry, but I'd eventually just use another sketchpad, but this sketchpad contained all the maps, pictures and written lore about my DnD campaign setting , without it, I only have the lore I've put on the computer, and I don't have any of the maps or illustrations. I'm seriously angry about it, because someone in the house has moved it, but none of them bothered to remember where, even though they know it's important to me. Really quite pissed off indeed.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: June 06, 2011, 09:32:01 am »

The pharmacy messed up my bro's insurance, so now we can't get his meds until we get it sorted out again or until a week from now.  They pretty much refused to pay for the meds until a week from now.  And he needs this medication daily.  And he's already gone a few days without it.  Great.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: June 06, 2011, 09:57:58 am »

It's a Monday in a hardcore way.
I've already driven my supervisor into a frenzy twice today. Not because of anything I did, but because usually if I have to bother him it's to say, "Uhh, dude? Somebody f**ked something up but good." Which I then wind up with the task of methodically un-f**king.

On a related note, how in the hell do you work in law enforcement and not understand the concept of a phonetic alphabet? Trying to relay a code off to someone: "Yankee, Bravo, Lima, Four...."

"Okay, Y...A...N...K..."

*cue facepalm*

Not to mention that HQ was without power for nearly a week due to the electrical infrastructure under the building overloading and essentially blowing up last week. They're still operating under only limited power, and the electronics in the building were subject to multiple days of sitting in offices that were 95 degrees and humid. Not looking forward to seeing how many things are broken.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:07:19 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: June 06, 2011, 10:35:36 am »

Youtube made me rage today.

I'm SICK of having an advertisement come up instead of a video. The ad usually never loads (well, for me at least) and when my internet slows, the ad adds at least another 10 minutes for the video to load.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: June 06, 2011, 10:53:45 am »

I've never seen any ads on youtube. they might explain the random non-loading videos, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 3345