Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708501 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3885 on: June 01, 2011, 05:52:40 am »

I would personally slap you for hindering the cause of reasonable profanity.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: June 01, 2011, 05:55:16 am »

I would personally slap you for shitposting. And hindering reasonable Profanity.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: June 01, 2011, 05:59:49 am »

(giant image w/ text removed)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:11:22 pm by Toady One »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: June 01, 2011, 09:02:26 am »

Sorry, Willfor. Nothing against God(s). Just a really crap "fight fire with fire" joke. No offence meant.  :-\

MightyJAK

• Bay Watcher
  • MightyJAK makes his own gravy.
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress DONE countdown
« Reply #3889 on: June 01, 2011, 09:55:09 am »

MaximumZero, simply read your daughter some more exciting, thrilling tales about Norse, Greek and Roman Gods. :D That'll take her mind off the comparitively boring Christian one.  8)
Let us not neglect modern mythology. (Cthulu, urban legends, FSM...)
Quote from: Toady One
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
Quote from: Demon
But when will the game be done!?
Eight years.
So Dwarf Fortress will be done on Friday, September 14, 2012.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: June 01, 2011, 09:58:11 am »

Anyone else wanna go to Victoria and scream Cannibal Corpse lyrics?

I REALLY wanna know what would happen...

You'll look like a jackass, so there wouldn't be much of a change.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: June 01, 2011, 09:58:26 am »

MaximumZero, simply read your daughter some more exciting, thrilling tales about Norse, Greek and Roman Gods. :D That'll take her mind off the comparitively boring Christian one.  8)
Let us not neglect modern mythology. (Cthulu, urban legends, FSM...)
I'd add Slenderman onto the list of modern mythology, but Slenderman makes me hide under my bed and cry like a six year old, so I suppose that wouldn't work out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MightyJAK

• Bay Watcher
  • MightyJAK makes his own gravy.
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress DONE countdown
« Reply #3892 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:54 am »

Woah, Cthulhu posted right after a post I mentioned him in (not replying to my post, but still)? I'm not really superstitious, but having that proverb proven kinda creeped me out. :O
Quote from: Toady One
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
Quote from: Demon
But when will the game be done!?
Eight years.
So Dwarf Fortress will be done on Friday, September 14, 2012.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3893 on: June 01, 2011, 02:20:39 pm »

Can I please watch CNN without the Wiener jokes? "Up next you get to hear Wieners 'testy' exchange."
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: June 01, 2011, 03:49:18 pm »

Sorry, Willfor. Nothing against God(s). Just a really crap "fight fire with fire" joke. No offence meant.  :-\
It's cool, raeg withdrawn.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: June 01, 2011, 04:29:18 pm »

Apperantly there was a bicycle race in town today, which I found out during the nearly two hours I had to wait for my bus home after work. And there where people that had waited at least one hour already when I showed up >:(

The bus company knew very well this was going to happen, but they had just put up a small notice that two of the other lines would take a slightly different route than usual. This note was also in one of the bus sheds no one uses, except for when they have to wait two hours. They should really have put up a "this bus is gonna be 3 hours late today" notice in the bus itself.

And whats up with the race even being allowed to bring all traffic to a stop by using and blocking off all the roads?
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: June 01, 2011, 04:46:01 pm »

The pastor at today's outreach, who also was teaching today's Bible Study. I just don't like him. He(and to some part, his wife, who is a control freak) doesn't treat people like actual people, always hurrying them forward and is not above picking on specific individuals and humiliating them in public(at least how I see it). These aren't exactly homeless people on a soup line, or rather they all aren't, we give food out to anyone who shows up, regardless of who they are. His motto is "You can lead a horse to water, and although you can't make him drink, you can throw him in." since(as he put it), the horse has to drink before it drowns, which implies(based further on what he said) that he's perfectly willing to cram his religious beliefs down people's throat.
He also likes to end each outreach with complusory hugs. I'm not talking about a single group hug, but each person has to(and believe me, he doesn't skip anyone) hug everyone else individually, like a big hug orgy.

I might actually be able to find a video of one of these outreaches with this guy, with the bonus of seeing me on there.

AND when I tried to post this a minute ago, my internet connection drops all of a sudden >:(.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: June 02, 2011, 08:07:40 pm »

Double-posting, but neccessary.

I just heard my stepdad say that after my little sister's graduation ceremony, he's going to skip town. He said it directly to my mother, so I have no reason to doubt it. I don't know exactly when my sister graduates, but it's very soon.

If this bastard thinks he's just gonna walk out on everything...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: June 02, 2011, 08:09:27 pm »

I'd think that you would be glad to see him go.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: June 02, 2011, 08:11:21 pm »

Er yeah, I wouldn't get in the way of that one, regardless of what he's taken.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 3345