Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708179 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3825 on: May 28, 2011, 06:50:37 pm »

The trick is to ensure that they will be immediately imprisoned, or else that he'll be given other lodgings and an effective way of avoiding them during whatever court proceedings go down. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying make damn sure that's something you can get handled before you actually request a police intervention, Akura (seriously, though, I've commented before that they've done illegal stuff and it doesn't sound like they've stopped). If you can't ensure that you'd be safe during a trial, then I'd worry about your safety.

These asshats don't sound like the sort of people to consider the consequences of trying to exact physical revenge on you after you've already brought them to the attention of the police, which means the inevitable results might not defend you. Especially once alcohol gets involved (which sounds like a pretty constant thing).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:53:00 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: May 28, 2011, 06:57:17 pm »

Get evidence beforehand. Recordings, pictures, documents, anything that directly ties them to illegal activity (given what you've told us thus far, this part should be child's play). The more you have, the better.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: May 28, 2011, 08:15:03 pm »

What makes me rage today:

SecuROM.

For those who don't know what that is, here goes: It is the apex of DRM, and it is also really high level MALWARE. It installs itself (without telling you) to the kernel, or level 0, of the computer. That is a spot not even a system admin can get to. In fact, I don't think you can get to it at all, no matter what. Once there, it establishes a connection to a remote site. They can see everything you do on that CPU, because all programs go through level 0, and they can shut down anything at will.

Case in point: EA's Spore

Luckily, the computer INFECTED with the damn shit is no longer in use, us having upgraded. But, think. That computer was, at one point, the core of our house's network.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: May 28, 2011, 08:17:45 pm »

absolutely none of my "friends" showed up to my open house, I am literally shaking with rage right now
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: May 28, 2011, 08:21:08 pm »

SecuROM is the bane of everything digital. It makes some (BUT NOT ALL, so don't start an argument over this plz.) piracy neccesary if you ever want to play a game infected with it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: May 29, 2011, 06:58:12 am »

Some dickhead at a game of footy had a banner saying that he'd let some football player or other, to quote, 'shag his wife'. And the TV channel gave it fucking airtime.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: May 29, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

Recently bought a new (my first) tv. Since I don't have a car or really know anyone nearby, I ended up paying the store to get it to my house. I guess I could have taken it on the bus, but it would be a bit too far to carry a tv from the bus stop to my house. While waiting for the tv to arrive on thursday, I see on my receipt that the tv was to arrive between 13 and 17, despite me saying after 17, because that is the earliest I can get home from work. Not that it matters, cause the store forgott about delivering it or something. none of the people I talked to on friday have any idea why it was not delivered. So I end up getting a refund for the delivery and taking a taxi home, saving 100 nok (~10 pound).

Since I don't feel like using headphones when using the tv as a monitor for my laptop, I go back to the store and buy an pc to tv audio cable (mini-jack to ext2 or something like that). I even made sure to ask if it would work with my specific tv before buying. Of course the tv wants me to use a special cable for pc (mini-jack to mini-jack or something) and thanks to everything being userfriendly it won't let me choose the input source for sound manualy.

man I hate userfriendlieness and shop clerks acting like they know what they are talking about so much right now.

To top it off, I decide to finally get through the witcher so I can start on nr 2, but I find that 1: my install of the game is not working. 2: the dvd drive on my pc is also not working, so I can't reinstall. and 3: the problem with the game is not solved by applying a crack.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 07:07:17 am by bremarv »
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: May 29, 2011, 07:13:38 am »

Some dickhead at a game of footy had a banner saying that he'd let some football player or other, to quote, 'shag his wife'. And the TV channel gave it fucking airtime.
...It's a joke based on the whole "superinjunctions" story (some of the superinjunctions involved adulterous footballers).  I don't really see the problem, to be honest.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: May 29, 2011, 07:22:43 am »

A) Aussie Rules, not soccer.
B) I figure the wife gets some sort of say in it, right?
C) This is a family TV event; it's not even shown live; why the hell would they put it in?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: May 29, 2011, 08:52:28 am »

I need to do laundry, and I find the washing machine isn't plugged in. I can't even find the plug in the mess of possibly wet electrical wires.

Why is it that whenever need to do laundry, there's always something wrong?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: May 29, 2011, 09:13:28 am »

I need to do laundry, and I find the washing machine isn't plugged in. I can't even find the plug in the mess of possibly wet electrical wires.

Why is it that whenever need to do laundry, there's always something wrong?
What the hell would it be unplugged for? Thats just more work to wash stuffs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: May 29, 2011, 09:18:45 am »

I dunno. A reasonable explaination would be that it was plugged into an extension cord, which was needed for something else, only that makes no sense since that extension cord was plugged into the same outlet the washing machine usually is.

My stepdad has claimed that leaving the dryer plugged in(which, by the way, I've shocked myself plugging in before) causes our electric bill to triple or whatever, but that's still plugged in. It's just that he seems to have messed with the temperature setting to "No heat", since the last time I did laundry, my clothes were still damp even after two runs.

EDIT: Yeah, the heat setting was changed. He apparently used a different knob from another machine, and when the knob pointed to the highest setting, it was actually set to No Heat. Whether that was intentional or stupidity, I don't know.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:15:28 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: May 29, 2011, 12:52:55 pm »

THE FUCKING AURORA INSTALL ISN'T FUCKING WORKING BECAUSE OF A FUCKING MEMORY PROBLEM AND NOBODY FUCKING KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING OOOOON

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: May 29, 2011, 02:32:00 pm »

When I want to know Portal 2's plot and various jokes I'll play the goddamn game, I just can't afford it and my only friend that has it is out of town. In the meantime, I wish these people would quit spoiling it :c

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: May 29, 2011, 02:34:09 pm »

Potatoes.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 3345