Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707974 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3765 on: May 26, 2011, 08:05:34 am »

Yeah... I'm sorry about that.

I'm just disappointed, because, you know... this is what the "leaders of the free world" believe in.  Aren't we supposed to be "above" this?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: May 26, 2011, 08:13:19 am »

It's Kansas. Conservatives have owned that state probably since the last slaves got their papers. Kansas Republicans, more than any other, do and say what they want and generally never suffer for it later.

So yeah. It's pretty sick but it's right on par with the Great State of Kansas.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: May 26, 2011, 02:07:37 pm »

So at this point I cease all communications with my parents.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: May 26, 2011, 02:33:32 pm »

With your siblings too?
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: May 26, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »

Stoplights not recognizing my motorcycle and forcing me to sit through 2 or 3 rotations has been making me rage lately.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: May 26, 2011, 03:53:02 pm »

Agh. it was supposed to be a link to a thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: May 26, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »

I overheard a conversation today between a woman seeking advice and the warehouse manager(who I assume also functions as a pastor). Her sister, who is extremely wealthy and owns two houses, one with three and a half bathrooms, and the other with seven and a half bathrooms(holy fuck, and the first one I'd call a mansion), decides to sell her father's house for about $300k, takes it all, and puts her father on a plane to Godknowswhere with a buck in his pocket. That's even worse than what my parents are doing to me.
And my manager tells her the solution is to call on Jesus. Personally, at that point, I'd be calling an assassin.

I've suddenly developed a rather serious headache, and my desk has this weird dent in it that I can only assume is unrelated.
You too?
"I also have life insurance," he added. "I have a lot of things that I plan ahead for."
After a statement like that, I'm sure.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: May 27, 2011, 12:01:54 am »

Actually lost an intermediate bot game in League of Legends.  I was in a premade with a friend, and our three puggles were bad.  Really bad.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:46 pm »

My brother has told me to do the washing up, right after telling me to put everything away, and the thing is.. He should be doing it, and that he just cant be asked to do it. It got me pretty angry.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: May 27, 2011, 12:01:11 pm »

@Japa: I don't see what the issue with that is. She got removed from a project, which, as the article says, happens all the time in larger animated movies. Unless I'm missing something, it is business as usual and someone is jumping the gun on the sexism angle.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3779 on: May 27, 2011, 12:15:25 pm »

@Japa: I don't see what the issue with that is. She got removed from a project, which, as the article says, happens all the time in larger animated movies. Unless I'm missing something, it is business as usual and someone is jumping the gun on the sexism angle.

especially when you read the end of the article about how quickly the industry is bringing in women with explosive growth at all levels and with women taking a majority of leading roles in some instances.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 3345