Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707777 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3645 on: May 20, 2011, 05:34:15 pm »

You know what makes me rage all of the sudden? Knowing that restaurants calibrate their thermometers by sticking them in a cup of ice water and calling that temperature 32F.

If the ice water was 32F, it would all be ice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: May 20, 2011, 05:39:12 pm »

I found a new monitor (BenQ XL2410T) I would like for my good computer but I can't find any place that includes a good warranty or atleast a discount. I've searched the internet for days for monitors and about 2 days for a good deal on the one I decided on. I am really really sick of thinking about monitors  >:(.
My personality profile.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: May 20, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »

Close enough. Ice in water keeps the water temperature stable, at least until the ice melts all the way. Or at least, that's what I heard.

What kind of work requires three frozen bottles of water? oO
Water to drink during that day. I dunno why'd she need that much(she works at a deli), I barely go through a 25fl oz of heavily-concentrated Koolaid(packets are meant for 2 quarts) in a workday.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: May 20, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »

You know what makes me rage all of the sudden? Knowing that restaurants calibrate their thermometers by sticking them in a cup of ice water and calling that temperature 32F.

Uh, no. 32° F, or 0°C, is the point where water can be either solid or liquid. There's a gap in the energy contained on frozen water and liquid water (both 0°C), and ice water is a sure way to guarantee that the water has 0° C

Linky.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 05:44:31 pm by Darvi »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: May 20, 2011, 05:48:54 pm »

Uh, no. 32° F, or 0°C, is the point where water can be either solid or liquid. There's a gap in the energy contained on frozen water and liquid water (both 0°C), and ice water is a sure way to guarantee that the water has 0° C

Linky.

*looks it up* I stand corrected. Now I can only raeg at my lack of pre-raeg information gathering.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: May 21, 2011, 12:13:39 am »

Fucking hate this fucking telephone.
'Oh hey, somebody's calling! And it's kicked off the internet. Whatever, I'll just talk for an hour like this instead of calling them back on the cell phone that doesn't interrupt the internet connection.'

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: May 21, 2011, 04:46:54 pm »

My brother just had nothing better to do than get in my room and fart.

Good thing I have this spray can of de-odorant.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: May 21, 2011, 05:25:04 pm »

I only skimmed it, but I am neither of those.

And I'm definitely over 18.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:41 pm »

Oh trust me, you're a rapist.
All men are.
Not women, though.
If a woman ties up a man and whips him, it's not rape.
But if a man does, even if she's consenting...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: May 21, 2011, 05:39:51 pm »

He discusses the “types” of women he finds sexually appealing and/or attempts to demean women by telling them he does not find them sexually appealing.

So, let’s see how many women reading this know at least one male over the age of 18 who does not fit this list. Anybody?

Right.  So basically if you're not completely a-sexual or omnisexual, you support rape... because it's wrong to be attracted or unattracted to certain things or at least to make it known as such.

Or maybe the key thing here is the language involved, implying that the use of the word "types" is objectifying.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: May 21, 2011, 05:44:14 pm »

I guess pansexual people would also count as rapists.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: May 21, 2011, 05:47:50 pm »

Reading the comments, it turns out that Rape-Supporter actually means "You're contributing (intentionally or not) to the culture that allows rape to happen" rather than "You support rape/ are literally a rapist".  Some of the points are still rather questionable, but it at least makes more sense when you bear that in mind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: May 21, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »

Her list is impossible to "follow", even if you wanted to, and still makes no sense otherwise. Her definition of rape-supporter is still crazy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: May 21, 2011, 05:58:30 pm »

Reading the comments, it turns out that Rape-Supporter actually means "You're contributing (intentionally or not) to the culture that allows rape to happen" rather than "You support rape/ are literally a rapist".  Some of the points are still rather questionable, but it at least makes more sense when you bear that in mind.
I can still have a clear conscience then.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 3345