Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707434 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3465 on: May 07, 2011, 06:56:35 pm »

It's time to rage about HR3 again.

Seriously, this is a really important article.  It lays out all sorts of things I'd been unable to make clear myself.

Bullshit like this is the reason that I have given serious consideration to taking all members of congress hostage and raffling off beatings until they a) show signs of common sense, b) give up their posts, or c) die from the beatings. (The hope is that most of them would simply retire before taking a single hit. I'm not fond of the idea of murdering senior citizens, but if it must be done, it must be done.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: May 07, 2011, 06:58:20 pm »

Vorthon, I think you may have pointed out why the right-wing gets so much hate.

I don't think Vorthon's dad's behaviour is terribly related to the fact that he's a conservative; sounds more like it's related to the fact that he's a dick.

Stepdad. My biological father left before I was born. (So, yeah, they're both dicks.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: May 07, 2011, 06:58:59 pm »

Bullshit like this is the reason that I have given serious consideration to taking all members of congress hostage and raffling off beatings until they a) show signs of common sense, b) give up their posts, or c) die from the beatings. (The hope is that most of them would simply retire before taking a single hit. I'm not fond of the idea of murdering senior citizens, but if it must be done, it must be done.)

Serious as you may be, your response made me laugh.  Thank you =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: May 07, 2011, 07:02:37 pm »

I don't think Vorthon's dad's behaviour is terribly related to the fact that he's a conservative; sounds more like it's related to the fact that he's a dick.

Stepdad. My biological father left before I was born. (So, yeah, they're both dicks.)
Ah, thanks for correcting me. I did mean the one with you now though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: May 07, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »

Ah, thanks for correcting me. I did mean the one with you now though.

Ehwut? My stepdad's the right-wing person. I have no idea where my biological father sits on the political spectrum.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: May 07, 2011, 07:15:04 pm »

Can anyone tell me why -- after about fifty pages worth of accumulated, persuasive postings of why violence is not the answer -- people still immediately react to things they disagree with in severely violent terms. Please stop holding your head high in any form of moral or intellectual superiority when it's honestly your first vocalised reaction.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: May 07, 2011, 07:21:39 pm »

Because violence is the answer despite what some people think. It is the first answer, with diplomacy a close second, and another round of violence as the third option.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: May 07, 2011, 07:22:22 pm »

Nice has nothing to do with it. They're all locked because of consistent proof that this won't work, not whether or not the thread itself is currently bad.
Well, we've gotten to 70 pages @ 50/page, and this thread seems to still be working.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: May 07, 2011, 07:25:51 pm »

Dear boss,
Get some chairs back here damnit or else you're be filing for some workers comp.

Sincerely,
Disgruntled underling

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: May 07, 2011, 07:26:39 pm »

Why do you have a lack of chairs?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: May 07, 2011, 07:27:39 pm »

We have a lack of keyboards in the school library. Flippin' preteens and their cola.

But I assume he doesn't have those at work, so I guess it must be something else.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: May 07, 2011, 07:29:23 pm »

Why do you have a lack of chairs?
Lack of my boss giving a damn. He can sit on the counters while breathing down my neck but I do it I get some bullshit story of being lazy

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: May 07, 2011, 07:29:36 pm »

Dear boss,
Get some chairs back here damnit or else you're be filing for some workers comp.

Sincerely,
Disgruntled underling
Tellemurius has been RAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGING lately. He has complained about the lack of chairs, recently.

I couldn't resist, sorry.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: May 07, 2011, 07:40:02 pm »

The life of a dwarf is a hard life.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: May 07, 2011, 07:40:57 pm »

Your boss is one noble man, I think!

You should gift him with a floodgate and a lever, specially made for him to pull!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 3345