Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704863 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3135 on: April 27, 2011, 05:14:28 pm »

Mom decided to "forget" that I had a doctor's appointment today(she certainly remembered it last week).
So, now they're pissed that I'm pissed about it. That's right, apparently I have no right whatsoever to be mad that they forget things they are supposed to remember.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: April 27, 2011, 05:22:37 pm »

UGH. I'm pissed because these painkillers aren't doing much to stop the ulcer pain.

FUCKING HELL! I CAN ONLY TAKE 8 OF YOU IN 24 HOURS, WHY WON'T YOU WORK!?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: April 27, 2011, 05:43:57 pm »

rageworthy

http://www.infowars.com/miss-america-sexually-molested-by-tsa/

Well, the authorizing fingers thing is just bloody disgusting.

I'm kind of scared.

EDIT: This is kind of disgusting, too.  Where "kind of" means "very."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:46:02 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3139 on: April 27, 2011, 06:09:53 pm »

The whole issue with the TSA has me terrified of flying. Not because I don't want to be groped or scanned. But because I am afraid of what I would do to them in a fit of righteous indignation if I witnessed them abusing someone.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: April 27, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »

UGH. I'm pissed because these painkillers aren't doing much to stop the ulcer pain.

Antiacids. Maalox ftw. It addresses the problem directly. Instead of easing the pain from the holes in your stomach, it reduces the potency of the irritating acid.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:36 pm »

Funny idea:  Get everyone in the country who plans on using the airlines on a certain day to wear shirts with "I'm going to blow up this airplane" on the front.  For bonus points, but some faux-arabic on the back.  See what the TSA does when everyone does it.

Obviously it's not feasible, but it's definitely cooler than posting your bra color on facebook to "fight" breast cancer. 

EDIT:  For a more obviously protest-y spin, replace the caption with "Possible Terrorist."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:24:18 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: April 27, 2011, 06:20:23 pm »

Antiacids. Maalox ftw. It addresses the problem directly. Instead of easing the pain from the holes in your stomach, it reduces the potency of the irritating acid.
These are mouth ulcers located in areas where they're constantly in pain.

They're pretty damn painful.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: April 27, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »

Fucking DSL.  If there's more than two clouds in the sky it starts dropping my connection, and the entire country has been one huge thunderstorm this whole month.
Shoes...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »

Do you mean ADSL or just DSL?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: April 27, 2011, 06:50:52 pm »

Goddamn drainage. Stop giving me headaches when ever I do some that involves movement.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 27, 2011, 06:52:04 pm »

Attention Deficit Subscriber Line?

Sorry, but that's how I read it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 27, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »

Attention Deficit Subscriber Line?

Sorry, but that's how I read it.
:P
That is an awesome misreading.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: April 27, 2011, 07:15:26 pm »

So, I was planning on moving in with a friend for the last year or so. Earlier this month, she tells me she doesn't think it's a good idea, she's not comfortable with sharing an apartment with anyone, blah, blah, blah (I suspect her mother, who has an irrational dislike for me, is behind this). But fine, whatever, I'm not gonna push the issue, it's her life.

Week or so later, I finally get all my graduate school application replies back, I only got into one and it's the only one not within easy travel distance of where she's going. So now I have to decide whether to take a year off, get a job for a while and reapply with a (hopefully) stronger application, or go to this other university, get a Master's, and use THAT as my application-strengthener for a PhD. If I do the former, I can pretty much pick wherever I live, so I could live near this friend, and I'd said a few times that I'd try to live within visiting distance so that she's not completely alone in a new city.

Now, here's the thing. I'm talking to her about what I should do, and I say I'm leaning toward the Master's and trying to arrange my schedule so that I could visit her on weekends despite the long drive. And she's completely noncommittal, says I should do what I want, clearly evasive, and so I say I guess I'll do that. Suddenly she starts bitching at me about breaking promises. Because putting off accepting a time-sensitive graduate acceptance to talk this over with her and trying to work out a way that will let me KEEP that promise without forcing her to feel guilty about fucking with my life (which she will if I don't go; between the fact that I know a little about how she thinks and that she's explicitly said so a few times, I think I can be pretty confident about that) is CLEARLY breaking it. ARGH.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 27, 2011, 07:28:55 pm »

Bloodbowl: The game with this elaborate, fun rules system that is completely and totally at the mercy of randomness. Even doing everything right, you can still get fucked, and that 20% of doing something wrong puts you in the grave. No game I play makes me feel so fucking helpless when I'm losing than BB.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 3345