Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703176 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2820 on: April 18, 2011, 08:20:28 pm »

So i have a question now,

How do you analyze people Vector? Do you determine by logic or body language?

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2821 on: April 18, 2011, 08:20:59 pm »

again, imagery doesn't determine aggressiveness, your personality does.

Honey, my personality's always been sameish, but people do react to you differently based on how you look.  Trust me.  Any flatchested girl knows this very well.

Oh, and the steak is just because I got tired of the frikkadeller and I'd already done ham.

I am stuck between saying something to you or just raging out of hunger from your new avatar. Hnnnngh.

Also, why is flatchested important to mention? Your bust seem highly irrelevant unless you want teenagers to stare at you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:28 pm »

How do you analyze people Vector? Do you determine by logic or body language?

Analyze in which context?

And why couldn't I use both?

Also, why is flatchested important to mention? Your bust seem highly irrelevant unless you want teenagers to state at you.

It was the most obvious thing I could think of to talk about, in terms of "physical qualities I have that influence/negatively influence social interactions in a fairly obvious way."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:07 pm »

I, too, know that people react differently based on appearance. Half the reason I keep a beard is because it seems to automatically earn me a greater degree of respect, presumably because it makes me look older than I am. People keep mistaking me for a grad student, and also 5 to 10 years older than I am. As far as I can tell, I don't act or think any differently, aside from being unable to stroke my beard when it is absent. It can be frustrating, honestly. And I'd wager that is really not a huge difference in behavior compared to some others, and I'm lucky enough to be able to do something about it that doesn't require surgery.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:53 pm »

Analyze as in, a person's personality.

i only separated Logic and body language because of psychology terms.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2825 on: April 18, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »

Also, why is flatchested important to mention? Your bust seem highly irrelevant unless you want teenagers to state at you.

It was the most obvious thing I could think of to talk about, in terms of "physical qualities I have that influence/negatively influence social interactions in a fairly obvious way."
I can't think of a single case where a girls breasts would affect anything except in the industry of naughty things. Do people really treat girls differently based on their breasts size?

Edit: I honestly can't wrap my head around this.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:29:24 pm by Nine »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:23 pm »

Well yeah, they do. People treat others differently for a whole mess of reasons, many far less obvious than a double D. Not that I'm saying it's a good thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:53 pm »

When I keep my hair back and dress conservatively (dark pants, sweater, blouse), I get mistaken for 30-35+ years old sometimes.  Apparently I always look about 10 years more emotionally mature than I should be, ever since I was 3 or so.

Analyze as in, a person's personality.

I listen to the movements of the universe and they tell me what I need to know.

Same way I solve math problems, really.  Sorry, I've never been good at explaining my thought processes.  A lot of the time, it just feels like someone is whispering the right answer in my ear.

I can't think of a single case where a girls breasts would affect anything except in the industry of naughty things. Do people really treat girls differently based on their breasts size?

Yes, they do, and based on hair color as well.  Blondes usually get treated like they're stupid/a baby, redheads like homebreakers, and brunettes like "normal people."

But in general, girls with large chests both gain bonuses (because people want them around, and to help them stay around) and lose in other areas, since they tend to be turned into "commerce" much more easily than women with less developed secondary sex characteristics.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: April 18, 2011, 08:31:15 pm »

Edit: I honestly can't wrap my head around this.
i can, be a clerk for a day and tell me your interactions.

Vector, you gave the right answer.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: April 18, 2011, 08:32:57 pm »

Vector, you gave the right answer.

... ?  Why are you asking?  I mean, how was there a right or wrong answer?  What have you learned from this?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: April 18, 2011, 08:34:36 pm »

In most cases, not consciously. That last one is an important word here, though.

People treat more attractive people better, though, at least in general (and this might later be overwhelmed by things learned about personality or other things, but when you don't know somebody well, appearance is all you have to go on), and a lot of guys think "The bigger the better" when it comes to breasts. I don't know enough to comment on the typical female reaction to increasing bust size, but even influencing ~50% of the population is a pretty major thing. And it's probably not just that.

EDIT: Vector gave a better answer than I did, but I'm leaving it there anyway.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: April 18, 2011, 08:34:47 pm »

But I don't think I look very rivaly.  Or very asskicky.  I need to rethink my image, again.
Acquire a whip and carry it conspicuously on your person.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2832 on: April 18, 2011, 08:35:38 pm »

i can, be a clerk for a day and tell me your interactions.

A clerk is the guy behind the desk at a shop right? If so, I've done that and I still don't treat people differently because of bust size or hair color, the only place I can relate is I feel vary when meeting africans because they're rare where I live and I haven't been lucky to meet the good guys of them, sadly.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: April 18, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »

You are thinking through instead of basing it off a set answer. True analysis is studying body language and interaction.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: April 18, 2011, 08:38:44 pm »

You are thinking through instead of basing it off a set answer. True analysis is studying body language and interaction.

Why the hell would I base things off of a set answer.  That is stupid.

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 3345