Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703428 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2805 on: April 18, 2011, 07:55:06 pm »

Vector, that first bit from your earlier post was one of the saddest ways I've heard someone refer to themselves in... ever. Also, Telle, I don't think it's unhealthy at all; it's human nature to strive against others, and come out on top. That's why we civilized and tame modern folks love reading about competition in stories, and watching it in sports; it's to get our daily fix of strife.

As you get better at some things, though, you start to have a harder time finding rivals who can... rival you. Some games solve this by putting you in a higher tier, with better players. I guess the equivalent in academia would be Graduate School... so keep pushing for it! Until then, maybe try to find internal inspiration for betterment, rather than looking externally for it. Measure modern success and triumph against your past successes? It might tide you over until you find your Gary Oak.

Soli, have you ever considered a career in Psychology? You have the right observations over people and not much of a backstabber.

Fuck... yes, I've gotten that since childhood; I used to (and continue to) advise my mother and help her work through her emotional troubles, and try to seek self-improvement. Empathy is a very useful skill to have. Still, I can just live that way, and don't feel a drive to make a job of it; career and aptitude doesn't guide my life goals, so much as my passions do. Those generally point me toward learning and entertaining people. Probably ought to aim to be some kind of Bill Nye for the next generation.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: April 18, 2011, 07:57:13 pm »

So rival thats also a friend?

No, a rival you hate more than anyone else but have some actual ability to compete with.

A rival whose positive impact on you is comparable to that of a great partner/friend.

Okay, yeah, this.
Wait now you created a conundrum in my head, you want a rival to paste red all over the walls but also a rival that is friendly. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY PUZZLES?

snip
im soft on humanity Soli, anyways man if you think about it more talk to me, i need a psychological buddy XD

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: April 18, 2011, 07:59:13 pm »

Wait now you created a conundrum in my head, you want a rival to paste red all over the walls but also a rival that is friendly. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY PUZZLES?

BECAUSE PUZZLES JUST MAKE ME ANGRIER

Usually, because once I've started doing puzzles they end up in the easy zone too quickly.  And my math homework only takes time and patience now, not skill and Rage.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: April 18, 2011, 08:00:33 pm »

I have a idea for you Vector, since you have all this pent up rage. Why don’t you take it out on innocent bystanders?!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: April 18, 2011, 08:01:05 pm »

I have a idea for you Vector, since you have all this pent up rage. Why don’t you take it out on innocent bystanders?!

IN A SCARY COSTUME

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: April 18, 2011, 08:01:10 pm »

Pokemon's just one example - a lot of series have them (often the rival ends up as a kindof antihero and potential shipping candidate for the hero).

Usually, because once I've started doing puzzles they end up in the easy zone too quickly.  And my math homework only takes time and patience now, not skill and Rage.
Add "Must be good at creating fiendish puzzles" to your rival job description.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: April 18, 2011, 08:02:08 pm »

Because I feel it should be used for a righteous cause.

Such as creaming rivals.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: April 18, 2011, 08:02:20 pm »

BECAUSE PUZZLES JUST MAKE ME ANGRIER

True but thats when you start looking for harder ones, yea math is easy for me but i need to learn it before the class apparently or im screwed for the year ::)

If you want something hard to do then go into Geology, i dunno how many times i been yelled at for "tapping at the wrong angle" >_>

Goin Postal?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: April 18, 2011, 08:10:12 pm »

Meh

Why the hell did I think I should wear my hair out with this dumb flower in it

This is stupid.  I don't feel like a chick, so why am I dressing like a chick.  This is really stupid.  Need to go read some violent comics or something.  Who would be rivals with a chick in a well-kept dress.  Needs more asshole.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2814 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:11 pm »

Who would be rivals with a chick in a well-kept dress.
I would, for one.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:40 pm »

Meh

Why the hell did I think I should wear my hair out with this dumb flower in it

This is stupid.  I don't feel like a chick, so why am I dressing like a chick.  This is really stupid.  Need to go read some violent comics or something.  Who would be rivals with a chick in a well-kept dress.  Needs more asshole.
You be surprise how many chicks in a dress can be aggressive.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: April 18, 2011, 08:14:00 pm »

I've made men bleed with my cute little black laceups.

But I don't think I look very rivaly.  Or very asskicky.  I need to rethink my image, again.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: April 18, 2011, 08:15:07 pm »

But I don't think I look very rivaly.  Or very asskicky.  I need to rethink my image, again.

That was a good start, right there.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: April 18, 2011, 08:16:35 pm »

again, imagery doesn't determine aggressiveness, your personality does.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 18, 2011, 08:17:42 pm »

again, imagery doesn't determine aggressiveness, your personality does.

Honey, my personality's always been sameish, but people do react to you differently based on how you look.  Trust me.  Any flatchested girl knows this very well.

Oh, and the steak is just because I got tired of the frikkadeller and I'd already done ham.

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 3345