Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703877 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2760 on: April 18, 2011, 10:31:54 am »

It shouldn't be forgotten, Darvi, because it raises a lot of important points.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: April 18, 2011, 10:33:50 am »

I have a feeling that it'll all be deleted, though.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: April 18, 2011, 10:34:09 am »

Maybe, but I wouldn't know since I haven't been paying attention.

Godfuckingdammit screen turn on already! If you keep taking over two hours to do that I'll have to scrap you and we don't want that do we?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:40:57 am by Darvi »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: April 18, 2011, 11:04:32 am »

The unsatisfying ending of the discussion in the sad thread, really.
I did expect more from it...
What exactly did you expect? Neither side was ever going to shift an inch, IMO.
A bit more consideration and willingness to discuss things in a more productive manner, from one side.
But huh, look at me being in my dream world again.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2764 on: April 18, 2011, 11:09:49 am »

A bit more consideration and willingness to discuss things in a more productive manner, from one side.

You're not the only who'd like it like that, not even close.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: April 18, 2011, 12:19:23 pm »

You're not the only who'd like it like that, not even close.

Ditto that.  It seems like everyone I care about here is abandoning the place or just not posting much anymore... I think I'm mostly here for the MSPA thread, very occasional Mafia game, and a couple of friends at this point.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #2766 on: April 18, 2011, 12:22:30 pm »

Fuck you fuck you fuck you...
and you too!
fuck all of you, yes you too reader of this post!

Here I was, happily maintaining a illusion that atleast bay12 had the presence of mind to not get caught up in bullshit, AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED! AARRGH!

'cult of personalties' will always exist, and not just online, or on forums; They are real, and I don't see what the problem is.
I'll be the first to admit that when I see a huge post, I don't bother reading it until I've checked who made it.
There's a good dozen whose post I make a habit out of reading; Toady One and Treetoe is obvious, but also aqizzar, vector, duke 2.0, janet, webadict, and others.

I've been lurking for years, and seen much of the changes that have happened due to the addition and subtraction of forums members... and... something ~ something ~ point ~ closing words...

Christ, I'm like an old man rambling, nevermind.

I'm just angry at having one of my few 'Sanctuaries', away from the stupidity of the people of the world, decent to the level it had about 10 pages ago...

Now where did I put my cane?
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: April 18, 2011, 12:26:20 pm »

'cult of personalties' will always exist, and not just online, or on forums; They are real, and I don't see what the problem is.

Eh, I just get worn out by feeling like I'm expected to be sane and temperamental for everyone else's benefit.  I'd rather speak up than not, but it's on the mildly exhausting side at this point.  I guess it's a good thing, but I'd like to have somewhere where I'm reasonably popular/well-liked/whatever without feeling so darned much responsibility =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: April 18, 2011, 12:32:19 pm »

I sometimes end in situations where I know how you fell, doesn't happen very often, but whether that's a good thing or not...

I really hope this doesn't sound as stupid as I think it might:

What do feel responsible for?

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: April 18, 2011, 12:36:53 pm »

Eh, I just get worn out by feeling like I'm expected to be sane and temperamental for everyone else's benefit.  I'd rather speak up than not, but it's on the mildly exhausting side at this point.  I guess it's a good thing, but I'd like to have somewhere where I'm reasonably popular/well-liked/whatever without feeling so darned much responsibility =/

Consider it good practice for being a mom (if you so choose to one day). I go through that kind of exasperation pretty much every day, especially right now when my four-year-old is in this phase where she's acting not all that differently from some of the behavior on exhibit here lately.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: April 18, 2011, 12:39:17 pm »

What do feel responsible for?

Don't worry, that's not a stupid question.

Quote from: Jean-Paul Sartre
He who is condemned to freedom carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.

In a word: making things better, calmer, more sane, whatever.  Easing conflict.  In a sense, this is practice for the real world.

Consider it good practice for being a mom (if you so choose to one day). I go through that kind of exasperation pretty much every day, especially right now when my four-year-old is in this phase where she's acting not all that differently from some of the behavior on exhibit here lately.  :-\

Yeah.  I'm scared to have children because I don't want them to have to go through the same bullshit I did, but I'm well aware that any kid of mine probably will get that in spades.  I'm not worried about my own capabilities so much anymore.  I'm more worried about the rest of the world.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: April 18, 2011, 12:46:43 pm »

Look at this page (page 185)

This is more what I see bay12 as.

this makes me... oh crap! wrong thread!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: April 18, 2011, 12:51:14 pm »

Yeah.  I'm scared to have children because I don't want them to have to go through the same bullshit I did, but I'm well aware that any kid of mine probably will get that in spades.  I'm not worried about my own capabilities so much anymore.  I'm more worried about the rest of the world.

I have little doubt in your capabilities. Recognizing that you don't want to replicate your childhood on any would-be children...that recognition in and of itself drastically reduces the chances of it happening. For a long time I resisted having kids because statistically, I was several times more likely to beat the shit out of them than a "regular" person. But that recognition is a big part of why I don't.

And in sort of a parallel to the crux of the problem here, most of it is innocent silliness that just gets out of hand because she doesn't know when to stop. Even when told flat-out, "Please stop." It's aggravating because I don't want to hem her in or discourage creativity and expression (and sometimes it's downright hilarious) and I know it's done without malice, but when it's an hour past bedtime and rather than getting ready she's racing around the house half-naked making up songs about eyeballs....well, when it's almost every night, it gets OLD.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: April 18, 2011, 04:56:00 pm »

Today's been an up and down day for me. Here's the down:

Remember those two coworkers who piss me off, and how one got fired? Well, the other one is still there. I honestly can't stand that guy. He's breathes with his mouth, producing this irritating raspy fat-guy noise(he's fairly large. Not super-obese, but still about 1.5x my size at least). Today, I think he spent more time eating or looking for food than he did working. I counted him eating at least one can of beef stew(maybe two) and several pieces of fried chicken in the time space of about 2 hours, and then he left early(I later learned he's supposed to be making up hours he missed, so leaving early doesn't really help him much).
We were both asked to clean stuff in addition to the main task we were assigned, and out of earshot of the manager he gets all indignant about and says he's not gonna do it. Right at the start I was told we where going to be doing stuff like that, and I said I didn't have a problem with it, and I don't. So you know who cleaned the windows of the warehouse manager's office? Me. Who cleaned the forklift? Me. Who swept the floor. Me(well, I only did half the floor because it was getting late, but I sweep it every day anyway). Who cleaned the bathroom, including the toilet which still had a little bit of turd in it from when that fat bastard went in there first thing in the morning? ME.

It's not dead yet! If we give it CPR it may survive!
"Griff, why in the Sam Hill would you give someone CPR for a bullet wound to the head?!"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: April 18, 2011, 06:16:26 pm »

Yergh.

Terrible, terrible fanfic which gives me characterization ideas but still somehow brings badness to the source material in general.

*sigh*

Well, almost done flipping through these archives, and after that I'll go do something else, I guess.

EDIT: OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY THE FUCKING FUCK.

RUUUUUGH.

Rage aside, I'm am NEVER EVER EVER reading or writing anything with a straightforward romantic plot.  NEVER NEVER.

The one thing that fanfiction has taught me is that that is just bloody boring.  BlECH.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:41:29 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 3345