Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696660 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2385 on: April 13, 2011, 03:35:09 pm »

microscopic print that blows every point out of proportion.
See, I just think that's funny. I like reading other people's overanalyses because it reminds me not to make the same mistake.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 13, 2011, 03:44:31 pm »

I had to get a magnifier to read the thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 13, 2011, 09:05:02 pm »

I read a book once that had a footnote that took up the bottom half of two pages.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:54 pm »

I've read a book with a Conversation located in the footnotes between two characters that lasted loads of pages.

Hell, in the series, the main Character went into the Footnoterphone cables themselves, all of her actions being described in footnotes and other things happening in the main text.

Read the Thursday Next Series.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 13, 2011, 09:11:43 pm »

I read a book once that had a footnote that took up the bottom half of two pages.
That's nothing compared to House of Leaves. Some of the footnotes are their own chapters.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 13, 2011, 09:24:33 pm »

I've read a book with a Conversation located in the footnotes between two characters that lasted loads of pages.

Hell, in the series, the main Character went into the Footnoterphone cables themselves, all of her actions being described in footnotes and other things happening in the main text.

I've been reading that! Thought that was a pretty good use of footnote.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:36 pm »

For some fucking reason, I can't access touhou-project.com, much to my raeg. When I went to an internet cafe around 30 minutes ago, I was able to access it easily. But when I went home, IT DIDN'T WORK FUCKING HELL. It says I can't access the server or something like that. My friend told me there's some stuff he left for me on that site, links so I can get the games or something like that. Can anyone help this incompetent boob?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »

I've been reading that! Thought that was a pretty good use of footnote.
Reading One Of Our Thursdays is missing, and it is so awesome.

I don't want to spoil it but I'm just going to say that there is a SHOCKING REVEAL right near the end that fits immaculately, is fully reasoned out and explained, and which is immediately shot down because Thursday is in Psychological Thrill and she knows better then to believe anything that they say.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:27 pm »

That's nothing compared to House of Leaves. Some of the footnotes are their own chapters.

That's a special case that doesn't count.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:49 pm »

I think hitchhikers guide did something along those lines.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 13, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »

Hehe, that was pretty good.  Glad to hear the newest one's good too, I get to read it when my dad's finished :P.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 13, 2011, 10:07:12 pm »

Hehe, that was pretty good.  Glad to hear the newest one's good too, I get to read it when my dad's finished :P.

I started reading it Monday or so, when I realized that it was due back to the library on Friday.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 14, 2011, 12:27:23 am »

I think hitchhikers guide did something along those lines.
Douglas Adams, a master of over-explanation, if ever there was one
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 14, 2011, 12:49:57 am »

Was it Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel l, perhaps? It did that stuff several times, often to tell folk tales the characters would be familiar with but the reader wouldn't.
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 14, 2011, 12:55:12 am »

Or was it this little gem?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 3345