Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694136 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2205 on: April 08, 2011, 01:13:07 am »

Huh thirteen hours for this next week ok.... WTF why is it 30 now?!?! Q_Q

im only supposed to be training too.

and internet in the neighborhood was down for 10 hours

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: April 08, 2011, 02:40:11 am »

Bluuuuh. Shit like that is why it's considered acceptable to say stuff like "all men are pigs." Seriously, how drunk do you even have to be to think that's a good idea?
And I'd like to say, just for the record, there are some men who try not to be pigs. It's just that the pigs are usually more vocal.

Grurgle grurgle... sqoinglrk... Snort snort... Did someone call me?

More on topic, men will generally be as pigish as they can afford to (which is a subjective value). Because it takes a lot less effort. Thinking, and especially imagining, making simulations of events in your own noggin, is a very difficult activity, even though it might not seem like it.

So if someone has the slightest belief that it will work, posting "Show us your boobs and we'll drop your rent!" on the door will seem like the optimal course of action.
On the bright side, at least you're forewarned.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:41:50 am by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: April 08, 2011, 02:57:41 am »

Please make 'most men' or 'stereotypical men' out of the above.
Even if you meant it this way, it's a bit unsettling...

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2208 on: April 08, 2011, 03:07:09 am »

More on topic, men will generally be as pigish as they can afford to (which is a subjective value). Because it takes a lot less effort. Thinking, and especially imagining, making simulations of events in your own noggin, is a very difficult activity, even though it might not seem like it.

So if someone has the slightest belief that it will work, posting "Show us your boobs and we'll drop your rent!" on the door will seem like the optimal course of action.
On the bright side, at least you're forewarned.
Speak for yourself. I would never do that. First, it's stupid from a business perspective. A permanent hit in income for a quick flash? Sorry, no. Hell, you might even drive away a good tenant in the process. Second, it's offensive. To ask some random person to undress for you for money, jeez. I would be offended if someone asked me that.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: April 08, 2011, 03:28:06 am »

Please make 'most men' or 'stereotypical men' out of the above.
Even if you meant it this way, it's a bit unsettling...
Yes, most. Any generalization will either be based on stereotypes or on general traits. Traits that may or may not appear in given individuals.

I wasn't simply referring to being piggish as leering or taping "LF eyecandy to bunk with" on walls, but a wider array of things. I wasn't even referring strictly to things regarding women, but more along the lines of disregarding other’s feelings, relying on others' leniency and kindness to get away with crap etc.
Don't tell me it isn't easier to be an ass than take care of what you say and do.

Speak for yourself. I would never do that. First, it's stupid from a business perspective. A permanent hit in income for a quick flash? Sorry, no. Hell, you might even drive away a good tenant in the process. Second, it's offensive. To ask some random person to undress for you for money, jeez. I would be offended if someone asked me that.

Don't go in thinking people are rational. It's a completely irrational assumption. =P
Also, hyperbole.

The fact that it's offensive is something that happens to other people. They get offended. Not you. So why should you care. Furthermore, it's still a win from a business perspective because you still end up paying less rent yourself.

The fact that there could've been better deals is another matter, and again, the idea of a better deal is highly subjective. If being a douche may let you get something higher up on your priority list than paying less rent, namely pretty women to look at (never mind that you're sexually objectifying them; it doesn't bother you, so why care) it would appear to be the optimal deal.

Also, I'm using second person because typing "one" instead of "you" would make the argument more detached than I'd have it.
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: April 08, 2011, 03:46:59 am »

Don't tell me it isn't easier to be an ass than take care of what you say and do.

Actually for me it isn't. My conscience won't allow it.
If I believe that I've wronged somebody, you can expect me to be overly apologetic about it.
Up to the point where I beat myself up over things, which the person in question took no offense to.

The only time I try being an ass is, when being thrown into a typical male group.
Otherwise you won't survive long. Civilian service has taught me this much...

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2211 on: April 08, 2011, 03:51:25 am »

Don't go in thinking people are rational. It's a completely irrational assumption. =P
Not really. In most situations people do behave rationally. It's normally only under duress (which yes sexual frustration counts but not everyone is sexually frustrated all the time) that people stop.

The fact that it's offensive is something that happens to other people. They get offended. Not you. So why should you care.
Because it pays to be a good person? Because it hurts to be a bad one?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: April 08, 2011, 03:53:35 am »

To much chivalry over here.

I'm with Mindmaker and fqllve, just because it's technically easier to be a slob, doesn't mean it is for everyone. I really couldn't live with myself if I was like that.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: April 08, 2011, 04:03:31 am »

Considering what Mindmaker does for a living and the traits you have that let him do his job, the fact that he even bothered to try to relate to the type of individual I've described is rather strange. That also goes for most of B12's residents. This place is nice because the people are nice. Most other places are populated with a wide variety of trolls and emotional sharks.

The point I was trying to make is that there have been asses for a very long time, ever since society became patriarchal enough to encourage it, and there will still be asses for quite some time. The fact that they're less numerous and less vocal is showing, but they will exist. They pick it up from behavioral rolemodels at early ages, emulate those models, and serve as models of their own. It's a self-supporting cycle.
The fact that this still surprises people has always surprised me. That it's started to shift so much in the last hundred years or so is impressive, but it's still a long way from converting the cycle into one producing a rather nicer male stereotype.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: April 08, 2011, 04:36:41 am »

I'm not sure what you are trying to say SE...
Could you rephrase or explain the part regarding me?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: April 08, 2011, 07:16:36 am »

I couldn't access this site for several hours, and I have no idea why.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: April 08, 2011, 07:17:05 am »

I couldn't access this site for several hours

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: April 08, 2011, 07:17:29 am »

DITTO
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: April 08, 2011, 07:20:17 am »

Update I guess.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2219 on: April 08, 2011, 07:28:31 am »

This, and a statement I just read from the leader of the catholic church in belgium. I read it in danish I'll try to translate

"Aids is a just punishment for people who abuse love."

/rage
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 3345