Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693920 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2190 on: April 07, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »

Ah, yeah. Okay, at Chapter 6, the difficulty spikes drastically. I still think it's worth it to play, if you have patience. You just need that, and possibly a willingness to cheat your ass off (which I did starting at Chapter 7, but that was mostly a failure of willpower on my part).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 07, 2011, 10:06:51 pm »

Grah! My old senile cat almost took a piss on the carpet!
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2192 on: April 07, 2011, 11:28:35 pm »

I'm giving you a golden sea, a leather beef you can put a flag in. It's liquid, snails eat crackers.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 07, 2011, 11:31:14 pm »

I'm giving you a golden sea, a leather beef you can put a flag in. It's liquid, snails eat crackers.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 07, 2011, 11:33:18 pm »

*sigh*

Housing offers from guys offering low rent for women, with the stipulation that they want a photograph.  And so on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2195 on: April 07, 2011, 11:36:12 pm »

*sigh*

Housing offers from guys offering low rent for women, with the stipulation that they want a photograph.  And so on.

Lol gotta have hope eh? Guys do have a lot harder time getting girlfriends, this makes quite a few guys act ehm.. even less attractive we can say.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

It's the truth.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 07, 2011, 11:37:36 pm »

Frankly, though?  The guy said he was looking for a nice girl to share a room with him and his buddies.  That sort of stuff just makes me want to scream.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2197 on: April 07, 2011, 11:38:00 pm »

*sigh*

What? Seriously?

Some people need their clocks cleaned.

Actually, eyecandy ended up being the reason my friend got her last place. Of course he wasn't so upfront with it. Not sure if that makes it worse or better.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2198 on: April 07, 2011, 11:38:25 pm »

Frankly, though?  The guy said he was looking for a nice girl to share a room with him and his buddies.  That sort of stuff just makes me want to scream.

I hope no girl ever accepts, sounds like she'd regret it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 07, 2011, 11:40:53 pm »

What? Seriously?

Some people need their clocks cleaned.

Actually, eyecandy ended up being the reason my friend got her last place. Of course he wasn't so upfront with it. Not sure if that makes it worse or better.

I've seen a number of them, too =/  It's not like it's the first one, or anything.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2200 on: April 07, 2011, 11:43:57 pm »

Bluuuuh. Shit like that is why it's considered acceptable to say stuff like "all men are pigs." Seriously, how drunk do you even have to be to think that's a good idea?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: April 07, 2011, 11:56:25 pm »

Bluuuuh. Shit like that is why it's considered acceptable to say stuff like "all men are pigs." Seriously, how drunk do you even have to be to think that's a good idea?

Ehhhh, I wouldn't go that far.  Probably just as far as "wow, entrenched sexism really sucks."

But I suspect that the guy may have been more than slightly high >_>  Either that, or not very smart.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: April 07, 2011, 11:59:17 pm »

The word "all" has made me rage today. Generalizations everywhere, regarding everything from gender, to race, to drugs, to artificial intelligence.

And I'd like to say, just for the record, there are some men who try not to be pigs. It's just that the pigs are usually more vocal.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 08, 2011, 12:06:18 am »

This reminds me of some classifieds that I got. there's a major art college there, so there's a lot of wanted ads for models, including female, nude.

so one guy went ahead and made a classified saying he's a pimp looking for some hoes that don't mind selling themselves off.

take that as you will. I think he was just making fun of all the other classifieds, but there's a chance he was actually serious.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 08, 2011, 12:18:32 am »

The word "all" has made me rage today. Generalizations everywhere, regarding everything from gender, to race, to drugs, to artificial intelligence.

And I'd like to say, just for the record, there are some men who try not to be pigs. It's just that the pigs are usually more vocal.
Wrong. Look at the monitor, now back at yourself. You are now a pig. Oink Oink. And a vocal one at that.  :P
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 3345