Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693667 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2175 on: April 07, 2011, 05:14:58 pm »

Moving 50lb sacks of potatoes around, bagging small amounts of them, and boxing them, and moving slightly less than 50lb boxes(each sack was just under enough to fill the whole box) around, all day today. Arms and back are sore. Still, it's pretty nice knowing I can lift 50lbs. More, actually, I was moving 60lb bags of rice around the other day.

Coworkers are complete bastards. First, at the begining of the day, they start complaining how they have a right to basically loot the place because they don't get paid(they're both Dept. of Labor or community service, so they shouldn't be paid). While it's true the place lets us take something now and then if we ask, but the DoL considers that a form of payment and doesn't like it, and these guys take several bags of stuff daily. Which they proceeded to start doing right after complaining about not being allowed to. Then me and one of them are assigned to bagging potatoes(at least it's better than bagging f#%king half-rotten onions), and the other guy only fills one or two bags, then waltzes off somewhere for a few minutes(mostly grabbing stuff). They both go off on outreaches, leaving me alone to bag potatoes for the next four hours or so, except leaving to help with a pickup(no, I'm not raging about this).

After they come back, we clean out the trucks, get them loaded for tomorrow, etc, and I go back to the potatoes. To screw with those guys, the warehouse manager(why he hasn't simply fired them yet is something I cannot comprehend) decides to hide the stuff they picked out before in the stuff I helped pick up, which we haven't gone through yet and sorted. They quickly find it, then "volunteer" to sort the stuff, which they use as cover to reclaim the stuff they took and to take even more stuff. Hell, they didn't even really sort anything, and the things they didn't take, they left lying around.
I am just dumbfounded at the fact that they still have a job, even if it's what I've described previously as slave-labor. Mark my words, they'll find out someday that karma is a female dog. That's pregnant. And has rabies. I'm damn proud of my work ethic, and it's probably that which is getting me into a very decent paying job in the next week or so.

The good news is, one of them does have a high(er) chance of being fired. He left about half an hour early, and signed out putting the time he is supposed to leave as the time he left, which in any half-brained workplace is grounds for immediate termination. It's one thing to leave early, but trying to take to credit for time you aren't even there is just... *headdeskandthedeskismadeofpalm*

In addition to that, my mother was supposed to reschedule a doctor's appointment that I had last night(she specifically told me she was), but today I get chewed out over the phone by the receptionist at the doctor's office for missing my appointment.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 07, 2011, 05:18:32 pm »

Fire emblem four keeps killing people at the worst moment for it to happen.
Gameplaywise or plotwise?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 07, 2011, 06:14:05 pm »

From what I recall from my playthrough, the answer is yes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 07, 2011, 06:31:42 pm »

Heheh.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 07, 2011, 07:10:29 pm »

STEAM STOP DISCONNECTING
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 07, 2011, 07:12:06 pm »

Fucking fruit flies forbidding me to uh... Now I need a synonym for sleeping beginning with "F".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2181 on: April 07, 2011, 07:18:51 pm »

Forbidding me from my fragile repose?

I don't think there are any synonyms for sleep that begin with F.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 07, 2011, 07:21:23 pm »

Heh, that works.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 07, 2011, 07:21:57 pm »

Fleeping works I think.  Right?  :o

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2184 on: April 07, 2011, 07:27:49 pm »

ſleeping ſilently I ſaw the ſun.

Jeez I am such a nerd.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 07, 2011, 07:35:09 pm »

What sorta crazy s is this: ſ.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2186 on: April 07, 2011, 07:36:52 pm »

Long S. It's the one you see at the beginning of words in older texts, like the 1611 bible.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 07, 2011, 08:12:28 pm »

Yes is a good answer. Entire companies of enemy units, in this instance 18 mid level cavalry, will show up and move out on you with no warning, oftentimes leading me to either face three or four units dying, or to save scum back by a few turns.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »

Yes is a good answer. Entire companies of enemy units, in this instance 18 mid level cavalry, will show up and move out on you with no warning, oftentimes leading me to either face three or four units dying, or to save scum back by a few turns.
I stayed sane only through the miracle of savestates every turn, cycling through the 10 available slots. Occasionally I would be fucked by more than 10 turns, though, and then the rage truly began. I think. This was back in high school. So, a long time ago.

EDIT: What chapter are you on, btw? The game has an obnoxious difficulty spike halfway through, just as a warning.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 07, 2011, 08:57:36 pm »

I'm only on chapter 3. Freaking Voltz and the longarches afterwards.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 3345