Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699238 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1291 on: March 12, 2011, 09:40:37 am »

Uh, a religious organization. However I'm not a volunteer there, I was assigned by the Deptartment of Labor.

what. Are you at least getting paid now?
Supposedly, it pays for my unemployment benefits, none of which I see because my mom and stepdad take it all. Haven't you been paying attention to my other posts in this thread?

They're also expecting me to take the bus to work, on my own money, which I have none because they take it all. I was told I could be reimbursed for bus costs, but that only goes back in to my benefits anyway, so I'm not even going to bother with it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 12, 2011, 09:49:07 am »

Why even go if you aren't getting the benefits? You said yourself this amounted to slave labor. I say you should spend your time trying to get away from your clearly emotionally abusive mother and stepfather.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 12, 2011, 10:08:30 am »

I'm becoming much better at Dungeon Crawl. My Human artificer was doing really good, when suddenly zombie water moccasin and jelly right next to me when I go down stairs.

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 12, 2011, 10:12:22 am »

Why even go if you aren't getting the benefits? You said yourself this amounted to slave labor. I say you should spend your time trying to get away from your clearly emotionally abusive mother and stepfather.
That is what I am trying to do. My dad might be able to take me in soon(depending on the outcome of a semi-unrelated court case), and if not, I'll have to wait longer until he has the money to do so.
But until that time, I have to avoid being thrown out to the streets, which they made very clear they'll do if I cut off my benefits.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1295 on: March 12, 2011, 10:14:11 am »

That is what I am trying to do. My dad might be able to take me in soon(depending on the outcome of a semi-unrelated court case), and if not, I'll have to wait longer until he has the money to do so.
But until that time, I have to avoid being thrown out to the streets, which they made very clear they'll do if I cut off my benefits.
Does your job supply anywhere near enough money to live on your own? Or is it the fact you aren't able to save up because every cent is taken from you?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 12, 2011, 10:16:23 am »

Can't you make a new bank account and tell your employers to send the money there?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 12, 2011, 10:21:01 am »

Does your job supply anywhere near enough money to live on your own? Or is it the fact you aren't able to save up because every cent is taken from you?
Can't you make a new bank account and tell your employers to send the money there?
No1, yes, and no2.

1. The benefits I get amount to less than $500 a month. I've never even seen rent that cheap anywhere, much less any other costs that go with it.

2. They don't give me a paycheck. Instead the goverment puts money on my benefits card, something they took the moment I got it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:03 am »

2. They don't give me a paycheck. Instead the goverment puts money on my benefits card, something they took the moment I got it.[/sub]

This seems the sort of thing that would be fairly illegal. If you're a fan of turnabout, you might look into seeing what you can do to get them arrested for it, and see what happens to their assets while they're in prison (as their closest relative, it's conceivable that you'd assume control of them, which would be delicious, but I seriously have no idea if the law works that way, and I don't know where you live which probably impacts it). Of course, given your resources, this is pretty much dependent on being able to get a few minutes to talk to a lawyer for free just to figure out if it's even feasible, which sounds like it might be difficult.

Want to reiterate that the above is a kneejerk reaction that may well not reflect the state of reality in any way. Anybody with greater knowledge of how the law works, feel free to please correct me and possibly call me an idiot if it's drastically different from my thoughts above.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 12, 2011, 11:11:09 am »

Well Truean is a lawyer If I recall that correctly.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 12, 2011, 05:07:23 pm »

FUCK-ING-HELL

If both of my parents hate each so FUCKING much why the DICK are they still together? I haven't had a DAMN FUCKING day for a month and a bit without the DICK HEADS screaming and shouting as well as dragging me into their petty fucking squabbles.

Get divorced or fucking kill each other, either option suits me.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 12, 2011, 05:18:37 pm »

Maybe it's "because of the kid".

Seriously, the only reason it hasn't happened here is that my brother could choose who to live with, which would bork him up much worse.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 12, 2011, 05:27:09 pm »

That's the thing, they're in the same house, still married and still at each others throats O_o

I've told the several times "Really, if you want to just go seperate ways. This is really not helping any more than if you split up." because srsly, this shits gone over the top.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 12, 2011, 05:30:55 pm »

I'd suggest begining an isolation campaign. Don't talk to them, don't interact with them, don't even act like your parents exist any more than you have to. Parents can take anger between them and their child, but not a total lack of social recognition. They'll probably calm down and try to get you to respond to them again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 12, 2011, 05:35:44 pm »

I'd suggest begining an isolation campaign. Don't talk to them, don't interact with them, don't even act like your parents exist any more than you have to. Parents can take anger between them and their child, but not a total lack of social recognition. They'll probably calm down and try to get you to respond to them again.

Sounds like it could work, thanks I'll give it a shot.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 3345