Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699678 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1245 on: March 10, 2011, 03:43:17 pm »

Grey Knights will be able to take Jokaero in the new codex, in addition to the completely unarmored gundam battlesuit thing.

In fact, one of their HQ choices will allow you take take a whole damned army of the things.

For those who have no Idea what I am talking about:
Spoiler: Jokaero look like this (click to show/hide)
and they apparently make better equipment than the Mechanicus. And haven't been seen in model format since....1st edition maybe?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 10, 2011, 03:46:42 pm »

The Michigan politics thread has made me want to develop the T-virus just to get rid of Michigan's government.

Now imagine living there. The apathy in this place is overwhelming.
Its why i got out man

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 10, 2011, 05:23:57 pm »

Grey Knights will be able to take Jokaero in the new codex, in addition to the completely unarmored gundam battlesuit thing.

In fact, one of their HQ choices will allow you take take a whole damned army of the things.

and they apparently make better equipment than the Mechanicus. And haven't been seen in model format since....1st edition maybe?

I just....what? Forget everything else, haven't the Jokaero WS been dead for a few millenia?

Whatever though. I checked out of 40k when they went Tau and Mecha crazy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 10, 2011, 05:26:31 pm »

I just....what? Forget everything else, haven't the Jokaero WS been dead for a few millenia?

Whatever though. I checked out of 40k when they went Tau and Mecha crazy.
They've been mentioned once or twice, but never as a front-line fighting force
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 10, 2011, 05:47:30 pm »

Well, put it this way. I read a lot of 40k Fiction. And there, whenever a Jokaero Digital Laser Ring shows up, it's part of a trove ancient pre-heresy tech, in the hands of some crazy powerful inquisitor, or being wielded by a traitor/bad guy from 10,000 years ago.

Left me with the impression you can't just walk down to your friendly neighborhood Imperial hardware store and buy one. It sort of begs the question why the Mechanicus hasn't sent a fleet down to the Jokaero homeworld and devoured it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 10, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »

Well, put it this way. I read a lot of 40k Fiction. And there, whenever a Jokaero Digital Laser Ring shows up, it's part of a trove ancient pre-heresy tech, in the hands of some crazy powerful inquisitor, or being wielded by a traitor/bad guy from 10,000 years ago.
Another digital weapon popped up in one of the Caiaphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!!! novels and those are quite recent in the timeline.

It sort of begs the question why the Mechanicus hasn't sent a fleet down to the Jokaero homeworld and devoured it.

They tried. Turns out that a Jokaero is nigh-impossible to force into building something it doesn't really want to build, and just giving it parts and hoping for the best simply results in empty Jokaero holding enclosures. So the vast majority of times they either die or escape before making anything usable by the Mechanicus. And that makes GK getting to field them weird as hell.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 10, 2011, 06:16:12 pm »

Another digital weapon popped up in one of the Caiaphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!!! novels and those are quite recent in the timeline.

I read the novel and I remember that, but not the specifics. Timeline is sort of irrelevant when taking about 40k artifacts. Stuff will pop up in the current timeline that's from before when the Emperor left Terra :P

I mostly just cringe when I see GWS expand the universe and fleshing out some of the purposefully under-written parts of the fluff.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:18:32 pm by nenjin »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 11, 2011, 02:27:18 pm »

MY COMPUTER IS TOO FAST.

It makes touhou do 62 Fps, and then it surges to 65 fps, which screws everything up..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 11, 2011, 04:47:36 pm »

My boss was talking today in compolsory Bible Study that the quakes in Japan are a sign of the Apocalypse. No, seriously, he was actually saying that.
And a few days ago he was saying crap about government-based organizations not being as good as religious organizations. Then before that there was a few minor anti-Semite remarks.

He's also a condescending asshole, too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 11, 2011, 05:02:53 pm »

Crazy religious guy is crazy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 11, 2011, 08:53:18 pm »

government-based organizations not being as good as religious organizations.

Because we all know that...

-witch hunts, needing only a single person's testimony as irefutable evidence to put someone to the stake,
-the deportation of the Muslims and Jews from the Iberian, after they pretty much singlehandedly dragged Europe from the stone age by teaching medicine, chemistry, mathematics, astronomy and BATHING (AKA civilization) to the filthy, moronic knuckledraggers in the "Old World",
-murder and torture used giddily by the Inquisition for whatever insane reasons
-the Crusades (the first ones, with "We will take back the Holy Land" bullshit as motto),
-using religion as a political tool going so far as for the Popes to declare themselves the embodiment of Christ (I'm not making this up, it's Catholic dogma.)
-and trying to control ordinary peoples' lives to the point of publishing a book of rules about how a husband and wife should go about their intimate lives (kind of like a reverse Karma Sutra), telling you everything that you aren't allowed to do because it's Evil!, namely just about anything and everything, and turning most of Europe into a bunch of prudes

...were all GOOD things.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:55:38 pm by Something Evil »
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 11, 2011, 09:04:49 pm »

Ohhhh damn, I just had a tiring discussion.

"Your worldview is not wholly dominated by your religion, so why have your religion at all?"

"Because while it's not the entirety of my worldview, it's an integral part of it which I've navel-gazed and meditated and deliberated and debated for years and come to the conclusion I have"

"But why have it at all?"

"I just told you."

"But why have it at all?"

":/"

And let's not forget getting pissy about "religion" not including atheism.  DOing it once isn't a big deal, I should have put (ir)religion for clarity.  My bad.  Doing it twice when you clearly know what I mean is like getting on someone for using "titular" when they should have used "eponymous"
Shoes...

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 11, 2011, 09:16:04 pm »

And this is the other end of the spectrum.

Just like you can use explosives for mining out stone or blowing people up, anything in human society can be used for good or bad purposes. On one hand, we have religious zealots seeking power and control. On the other, kind individuals who do what they can to make the lives of others even a little less gloomy.

On its own, religion is prefectly neutral. It's just a set of beliefs, moral norms and explanations for reality that show how the minds of people adhering to one cult or another work. Atheism is the same. You either don't believe there's a God, or you believe that God isn't really influencing the goings-on. Making belief systems is built into the human psyche and pretty much keeps us sane.

What people actually do by using religion as a tool is what matters, not the pretty stories in the books.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:19:33 pm by Something Evil »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 11, 2011, 10:10:17 pm »

And let's not forget getting pissy about "religion" not including atheism.  DOing it once isn't a big deal, I should have put (ir)religion for clarity.  My bad.  Doing it twice when you clearly know what I mean is like getting on someone for using "titular" when they should have used "eponymous"
Yeah... the boss talked about atheism, too. Basically saying that once you find yourself before God, you obviously won't be an atheist anymore, but by then it's too late and you're pretty much fucked. Because you're atheist ::).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 11, 2011, 10:24:42 pm »

Yeah... the boss talked about atheism, too. Basically saying that once you find yourself before God, you obviously won't be an atheist anymore, but by then it's too late and you're pretty much fucked. Because you're atheist ::).
Seems to me that your boss needs an "Unfortunate Accident" to be arranged.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 3345