Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700369 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1215 on: March 09, 2011, 03:01:36 pm »

Who the hell takes an ISO, then archives it into a single rar file to torrent it?!
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 09, 2011, 03:14:01 pm »

Who the hell takes an ISO, then archives it into a single rar file to torrent it?!
I've seen people take an ISO, put in a RAR, then take that RAR and a couple of text files advertising their shit-ass site, and put THAT in another RAR. And then split it into 20 pieces, but then put the 20 pieces in a ZIP.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 09, 2011, 03:15:30 pm »

Spoiler: New Grey Knights Codex (click to show/hide)

...WHAT IS THIS THING?! THIS ISN'T 40K IN THE LEAST! WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THIS PIEC OF CROPFA:FIGHA:HEB:KEujgs/kjhr/jbnJB:?JLGBEGHJBVGHJB<M GHJBM <N
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 09, 2011, 03:20:08 pm »

I've seen people take an ISO, put in a RAR, then take that RAR and a couple of text files advertising their shit-ass site, and put THAT in another RAR. And then split it into 20 pieces, but then put the 20 pieces in a ZIP.

Those are re-re-re-uploads of other people's releases made by idiots. Those bear the tell-tale sign of negative ratings and a throng of comments along the lines of "Moron!".
Still does count as stupid, tho.

Spoiler: New Grey Knights Codex (click to show/hide)

...WHAT IS THIS THING?! THIS ISN'T 40K IN THE LEAST! WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THIS PIEC OF CROPFA:FIGHA:HEB:KEujgs/kjhr/jbnJB:?JLGBEGHJBVGHJB<M GHJBM <N
The same folks who wrecked the Chaos Codex? Also broken link. Hotlinking to /tg/ is a bad idea.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 09, 2011, 03:23:19 pm »

Because it's not a dialect! It's one particular malformed phoneme that for whatever reason entered a very specific subset of the population[.
That pretty much sounds like the description of a dialect to me. :P
Love, scriver~

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 09, 2011, 03:26:59 pm »

Can I be honest? The happy thread's title. And come to think of it, all the fancy ~s and mews and non english that is fucking everywhere now.

There is no need to add fancy characters. There is no need to make cat sounds. There is no need to replace words, and then when people wonder what the fuck it is add (Oh, this is the x thread. We just wanted to be one of the cool kids and replace it with shit nobody wants to see.) to the end.
...There aren't any tildes, mews or non English words in the happy thread title.

I'd also point out that there is no need to post in this thread or indeed visit Bay 12 at all...

And it's only that letter. I suppose I could cringe and bear it if they sounded like an overblown Pentecostal preacher tacking a schwa onto the ends of words everytime he gasps for breath, but it's not. It just sounds WRONG. Kinda like the British use of "zed" for "zee", but that one I can accept. It's kind of cute. "Arr-uh" just sounds like a bad stereotype talking.
Hey, zed has been around longer than zee, and is the one that the majority of English speakers use >.>

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 09, 2011, 03:27:15 pm »

Because it's not a dialect! It's one particular malformed phoneme that for whatever reason entered a very specific subset of the population[.
My inner linguist is burninating you with laser-beam-eyes now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 09, 2011, 04:12:45 pm »

Can I be honest? The happy thread's title. And come to think of it, all the fancy ~s and mews and non english that is fucking everywhere now.

There is no need to add fancy characters. There is no need to make cat sounds. There is no need to replace words, and then when people wonder what the fuck it is add (Oh, this is the x thread. We just wanted to be one of the cool kids and replace it with shit nobody wants to see.) to the end.
...There aren't any tildes, mews or non English words in the happy thread title.

I'd also point out that there is no need to post in this thread or indeed visit Bay 12 at all...
They are separate things, which both annoy him. And the happy thread title is pretty annoying right now (seriously things that made you the strongest? what the hell...), even without tilde's or cat sounds. Honestly, it was BETTER with them, because now the title is just stupid.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #1223 on: March 09, 2011, 04:12:55 pm »

My inner linguist is burninating you with laser-beam-eyes now.
My outer linguist thinks that sounds pretty much like an isogloss.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1224 on: March 09, 2011, 04:14:49 pm »

They are separate things, which both annoy him. And the happy thread title is pretty annoying right now (seriously things that made you the strongest? what the hell...), even without tilde's or cat sounds. Honestly, it was BETTER with them, because now the title is just stupid.
Must... Resist... Making... Witty... Line...
But really, it's her thread, not yours. Make your own freaking thread if you want a change.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 09, 2011, 04:18:19 pm »

the strongest

It's a Touhou thing, I think, so it shouldn't make sense to most people.  Not saying it's good or bad, just letting you know she didn't make it up whole-cloth.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 09, 2011, 04:26:03 pm »

I thought it was MSPA.  Or at least it seems to line up with something from MSPA?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 09, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's a Touhou thing. While it does bring MSPA to mind, I think Janet had Touhou in mind while renaming the thread.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #1228 on: March 09, 2011, 04:28:58 pm »

Yeah, the STRONG guy Equius from MPSA. But the ⑨ thing is from Touhou, and so is the "I'm the strongest."
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 09, 2011, 04:36:06 pm »

Spoiler: I'm not a ⑨ òÓ (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 3345