Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701695 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1125 on: February 27, 2011, 09:19:33 pm »

Gah, stupid internet connection, crapping out when I'm behind on stuff I need to do. Time to compress 16 hours of work into 45 minutes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 27, 2011, 09:39:17 pm »

HATE it when people delete anything I post on their wall.  A friend of mine is going to college and getting the same degree I got, you know, one of those more worthless degrees that you mention at parties or job interviews and people laugh at you for.  So I posted on his wall and tried to warn him that he's gonna need some other education to back that degree up.  Naturally, he responds, deletes his response, then deletes my post.  A post I spent a lot of time thinking and editing over and over to make it as polite and humble as possible.  We're both ADULTS for good's sake, why can't we say a few words about sensitive subjects?  I made a horrible mistake about my career choice and he simply doesn't want to hear about how he's making the same mistake, or he doesn't want to explain how he's going to avoid my mistake.

Granted, he's on his last quarter for school, so I'm definitely too late, but why can't he even say that?

I really don't mean to be nosy or rude, but what might you have a degree in?
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 27, 2011, 10:11:33 pm »

Goddamn fucking broken ads. I'm getting into a good (debatable) webcomic and BAM! Immersion broken. Okay, I think, it's just the one time. Wrong. It happens again and again and the webcomic is good enough to make it actually difficult to choose, which is pretty rare for me.
Use adblock plus for firefox (or the equivalent for chrome), makes all the adds disappear.
Or urlfilter for Opera.

Thanks guys, I've been needing an incentive to make the jump from my cruddy internet explorer anyways. Also on the topic of raeg, I am up-to-date on this comic and I started earlier today. It took me a good many hours though, but now I have to actually wait for more plot :I

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 27, 2011, 10:13:38 pm »

Thanks guys, I've been needing an incentive to make the jump from my cruddy internet explorer anyways. Also on the topic of raeg, I am up-to-date on this comic and I started earlier today. It took me a good many hours though, but now I have to actually wait for more plot :I

On that note, if Chrome is what you want, use Chromium instead.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 27, 2011, 11:37:34 pm »

I really don't mean to be nosy or rude, but what might you have a degree in?
You're not being nosy, I'm flattered you asked really  :D  BA in English with a focus in Creative Writing.  Trouble is, this degree serves no real purpose career-wise unless I become a teacher.  And I don't like teaching, just don't have the patience or aptitude for it.  Same with journalism.  To quote my high school journalism teacher, I "don't have the balls."  I know that Creative Writing is exactly what I like and where my talents and interests lie, but unless I get a copywriting degree or game design degree to go with it, it doesn't lead to anything.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 28, 2011, 01:26:51 am »

I did one, single, slightly error prone thing, and it caused a chain reaction in my Sketchup map which basically became a fatal flaw. By the time I decided to cntrl + z to fix it, I had made too many changes and the error was locked in. So I reverted to an earlier save....which cost me 1.5 hours worth of work.

ARGLEBLARGH!!!!!!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 28, 2011, 01:41:04 pm »

So, I'm in an urgent care center to get anti-flu stuff. There's a 40ish in flat panel tv, espresso machine, and minifridge in the brand spanking new lobby. Kicker? Only 1 doc on staff for the day. 12 people ahead of me == 3 hour wait.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 28, 2011, 02:12:09 pm »

>urgent care
>flu-vaccine
Thats also a bit silly, unless a super flu is going around killing people.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 28, 2011, 04:17:58 pm »

I was actually getting a post flu checkup. I have a history of strep and a retail job. Got a sinus infection instead.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 28, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »

>urgent care
>3 hour wait

Something is wrong here...
Not wrong in the US. :-\
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 28, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »

>urgent care
>3 hour wait

Unfortunately, that's all too true. I once waited in an ER waiting room for 2 1/2 hours with symptoms of a stroke. Half a dozen trips to neurologists and three years later, and they still don't know what's wrong with me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 01, 2011, 11:24:04 am »

I went to have some blood work done today, only nobody told me I wasn't supposed to eat anything beforehand. Which means I have to get up at around 6:00AM, go hungry, and then have blood drawn, then go to work.
While on the useless trip to and back from the place, I also had to listen to my stepdad's complaints about money, that the truck we're driving uses about $20 of gas per trip, and how our landlord seems to be having mortgage troubles with a shady mortgage company, as well as seemingly implying that it's somehow my fault that he's a useless drunk who has to parasite from everyone he meets, despite the fact that he takes about $400 a month from me, is would most certainly try to get more if he could. And then he goes into a convience store and buys a 16-pack while leaving the engine running.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 01, 2011, 11:26:20 am »

talk about some sick irony there.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:35 am »

If it wasn't for the fact that I'd end up homeless as a result of it(and pretty much the ONLY reason), I'd have cracked his skull open with a sledgehammer by now.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 01, 2011, 11:52:54 am »

>urgent care
>3 hour wait

True dat. Went into the emergency room once with massive abdominal pain, to the point that I couldn't stand up. However, the pain subsided a bit on the way to the hospital, so I made the grave mistake of walking in on my own two feet.

NEVER DO THIS.

If you walk into an emergency room lobby under your own power, are not gushing blood, and can breathe, your ass will be triaged to the back of the line, regardless of how much pain you're in or how serious your actual condition might be. I writhed around on a stretcher for six hours (getting up once to vomit out something that looked like caviar) before a doctor glanced over me the next morning, gave me some antibiotics and sent me home. And for this, I had to pay several hundred dollars.

Of course, your mileage may vary. That was a crappy hospital in my hometown, which was the nearest option. I've actually had pretty good experiences with the emergency rooms here in Raleigh/Cary (but then, we do have a plethora of medical schools and hospitals in this area), as well as the urgent care places.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 3345