Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702021 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1110 on: February 26, 2011, 11:48:47 am »

OY.

Georgia lawmaker proposes classifying miscarriages as ‘prenatal murder’

I think the part that really makes me rage is that this fucknut has been re-elected for 14 years now, and the last two times, he ran unopposed. And it's not like this is his first instance of "WTF" legislation. He's also previously introduced bills to redefine rape victims as "accusers", abolish driver's licenses, and abolish public education.

And it's not like he's representing some bumfuck rural village where they still don't know the Civil War is over. His district is in Cobb County, GA, one of the most affluent and well-educated counties in the United States. One would think that even rich white people would think twice before pulling the lever for this guy. Or that somebody non-crazy and conservative would maybe think about running against him, not to mention somebody non-crazy and non-conservative.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 26, 2011, 11:53:29 am »

One would think that even rich white people would think twice before pulling the lever for this guy.
Except if he was a DF noble(and his personality seems to be that of one), then nobody would think twice about Pulling the Lever for this guy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 26, 2011, 11:56:23 am »

Or that somebody non-crazy and conservative would maybe think about running against him, not to mention somebody non-crazy and non-conservative.
Nikov, your chance to be elected to public office has arrived.

In any case, it's enraging, but there's no way it will pass. Congress is full of stupid old men, but they aren't that stupid or old. I hope.

In truth, this will probably end up being a good thing, as everyone will have a chance to see how crazy this guy really is.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 26, 2011, 11:59:26 am »

Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 26, 2011, 12:00:06 pm »

Makes me glad to be an australian.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 26, 2011, 12:00:34 pm »

Georgia lawmaker proposes classifying miscarriages as ‘prenatal murder’

He's also previously introduced bills to redefine rape victims as "accusers", abolish driver's licenses, and abolish public education.
What the hell.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 26, 2011, 12:21:10 pm »

Or that somebody non-crazy and conservative would maybe think about running against him, not to mention somebody non-crazy and non-conservative.
Nikov, your chance to be elected to public office has arrived.

In any case, it's enraging, but there's no way it will pass. Congress is full of stupid old men, but they aren't that stupid or old. I hope.

In truth, this will probably end up being a good thing, as everyone will have a chance to see how crazy this guy really is.

Well, it's not Congress, it's the Georgia state legislature. And yes, it won't pass. But no, everybody already KNOWS how crazy this guy is. And yet, he keeps getting re-elected. By running unopposed. You'd think by now, somebody would have moved to his district just for the purpose of taking him down. My guess is that his district must include Scarytown, Hellsville, and Wannarapeahoochie, and that's the only reason no one runs against him.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 26, 2011, 12:28:13 pm »

You'd think by now, somebody would have moved to his district just for the purpose of taking him down. My guess is that his district must include Scarytown, Hellsville, and Wannarapeahoochie, and that's the only reason no one runs against him.
Presumably no one moves to his district because they figure that if he keeps getting reelected, all the people there are clearly nuts and will not elect someone reasonable.
[/post]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 26, 2011, 02:04:11 pm »

We now take 8 year olds to court for being violent in class!  Nothing like a criminal record since childhood to darken an otherwise bright future.
And a kid in special education, to boot. Good work Whatever-place Police Department, glad to know you'll always be around to make bad situations even worse.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 27, 2011, 08:33:03 pm »

Goddamn fucking broken ads. I'm getting into a good (debatable) webcomic and BAM! Immersion broken. Okay, I think, it's just the one time. Wrong. It happens again and again and the webcomic is good enough to make it actually difficult to choose, which is pretty rare for me.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 27, 2011, 08:35:35 pm »

Goddamn fucking broken ads. I'm getting into a good (debatable) webcomic and BAM! Immersion broken. Okay, I think, it's just the one time. Wrong. It happens again and again and the webcomic is good enough to make it actually difficult to choose, which is pretty rare for me.
Use adblock plus for firefox (or the equivalent for chrome), makes all the adds disappear.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 27, 2011, 08:37:53 pm »

Or urlfilter for Opera.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 27, 2011, 09:18:12 pm »

HATE it when people delete anything I post on their wall.  A friend of mine is going to college and getting the same degree I got, you know, one of those more worthless degrees that you mention at parties or job interviews and people laugh at you for.  So I posted on his wall and tried to warn him that he's gonna need some other education to back that degree up.  Naturally, he responds, deletes his response, then deletes my post.  A post I spent a lot of time thinking and editing over and over to make it as polite and humble as possible.  We're both ADULTS for good's sake, why can't we say a few words about sensitive subjects?  I made a horrible mistake about my career choice and he simply doesn't want to hear about how he's making the same mistake, or he doesn't want to explain how he's going to avoid my mistake.

Granted, he's on his last quarter for school, so I'm definitely too late, but why can't he even say that?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 3345