Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702051 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1080 on: February 22, 2011, 03:07:30 pm »

Fair enough. I've had a few incidents with my brother about the router.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 22, 2011, 05:14:58 pm »

reminds me of alot of people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04fQTmvFfGo&feature=relmfu
and thus Music Week returns.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 22, 2011, 05:16:28 pm »

And video isn't avaliable in my country.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 22, 2011, 05:17:32 pm »

god damn you commercial nazi! >:(

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 22, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »

That video made me rage. No offense, Tellemurius, and I didn't mind the song, but I wish that just for once, a band could play their instruments standing normally. I've done it, it's not that hard, just because most of them are high-school drop-outs throwing together a band for food doesn't make it any harder.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 22, 2011, 05:28:17 pm »

Huzzah for slave-labor. And for compulsory Bible Study, appropriately acronymized as "BS". Seriously, the guy doing it spent almost half an hour trying to explain his interperetation what two paragraphs meant, despite the fact that it wasn't exactly Egyptian hieroglyphs we were reading(the Bible in hieroglyphs would be pretty ??? anyway). This included what he said he would have written the passage as, but saying the original was probably better, but then saying he'd still have written it his way.

Are all you religious zealots like that?

Not only that, but my mom was late picking me up, so I was standing outside for about 10 minutes freezing my ass off, not counting the near hour inside the warehouse freezing my ass off doing nothing, since there was nothing to do(and the warehouse manager had already left, along with everyone else in the warehouse). And there was frozen lasagna for dinner. The problem with frozen lasagna is that you're not supposed to freeze it; it's hard to reheat in the microwave, the top burns while the bottom is still frozen.

This morning arriving at work I learned that my mom and stepdad know that they're taking my benefits is illegal(or fear me canceling them), because he told me in a veiled-threatening tone to stick to the story of having car trouble yesterday as the reason for me missing work slave-labor, despite the fact that we have three vehicles.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 22, 2011, 05:30:24 pm »

hey man they're Canadian, and i have never seen any band that stand still when they play

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1087 on: February 22, 2011, 06:42:39 pm »

This is at Metal Militia. Damn, what kind of a thing could cause your parents to yell like that? How conservative are they? I'm rather lucky to have very "liberal" parents in regards to many things. Well, at least my mom is, don't know how my dad would react to some things about myself. (I don't really know how my mom would react to a lot of things either, but I can guess) Gotta hate it when your parents argue. Them trying to figure out who "failed" with you is even worse. I've never really had to deal with that particular one much, but parents arguing is just annoying most of the time.

But that was just a complete dick move on your "friend's" part. There's really no need to go telling your parents anything. But there's really nothing you can do about it now except try to deny it, tell them the truth and rough it out, or something insane. Good luck dealing with that though, hopefully your parents aren't too conservative in regards to whatever it is. I would advise somehow dealing with that "friend" though. No need to do anything crazy, but just letting your real friends know how much of a dick he is should be enough. I've never had to deal with anything like this (I pick my friends carefully, and I keep my secrets to myself), but damn, that's rough.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 22, 2011, 07:17:04 pm »

People who pull out personal information in order to get even are the worst people in the world, in my opinion. To have that person as a friend could even have been a mistake on your part. Now, the only wasy I can think of to solve this is to ring them, and make a point of how you didn't ring their parents and be a total douche. Except say that without spurring a big argument. Or you could just go over there and punch him, a lot. Rage is a good edge in a fight, just don't kill him.

In another note: My keyboard is screwing up again. Damnit Razer! I am fine with you overcharging for quality, but overcharging for shit is just false advertising!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 22, 2011, 07:21:23 pm »

Rage is a good edge in a fight, just don't kill him.
No, anger is a good edge in a nonlethal fight. Rage is a moderately effective way to temporarily lose all potential for rational thought and end up killing someone.

In short, regardless of your "friend" using a jerkass tactic, outright attacking him is only going to get one or both of you hurt and/or arrested.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »

hey man they're Canadian, and i have never seen any band that stand still when they play

Except for, you know, symphonic bands and orchestras and everything of that nature  :P

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:47 pm »

Except for, you know, symphonic bands and orchestras and everything of that nature  :P
well i know that i meant like rock bands.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 22, 2011, 08:13:30 pm »

Hahahahahaha no.

Have you even seen a Oboe player do his thing? Looks like a God damn Snake Charmer.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 22, 2011, 08:15:40 pm »

The majority of orchestras I've seen on youtube everybody is sitting in a seat.  Unless they're called The Wobblers I don't think they'll be moving much.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:27:57 pm by ToonyMan »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 22, 2011, 08:25:23 pm »

give me a violin and i'll start me a irish jig.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 3345