Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702870 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1020 on: February 20, 2011, 11:07:42 am »

-snippy bo pippy-

Buh-whaa
The hell? Your managers are telling you to slow down selling the product? More importantly, they're telling to slow down because you're doing it better than the guys who are paid(probably more than you are?) to do it?
<insert complusory facepalm.jpg>
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2011, 11:15:16 am »

It sounded like they were telling him to slow down because the actual employees sold less than him.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 20, 2011, 11:36:59 am »

Nah, it wasn't "Slow down." It was basically, "Even though you have proven otherwise, I have no faith in you to do your job."

Good thing is, I make almost double what the poor saps make there.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 20, 2011, 02:52:16 pm »

Reading these forums made my rage.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 20, 2011, 03:00:44 pm »

Reading these forums made my rage.
What part of these forums?
[/post]

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1025 on: February 20, 2011, 11:25:53 pm »

I am so freaking pissed off at Disney right now.
So much that it isn't even funny.
Really, at this point the whole company is dead to me right now. Sure they can make a few good movies, but the company is DEAD to me.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 20, 2011, 11:27:41 pm »

Really, at this point the whole company is dead to me right now. Sure they can make a few good movies, but the company is DEAD to me.

What did they do this time?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 20, 2011, 11:28:52 pm »

Disney's been pretty bad for awhile now, with their only good stuff being what Pixar's done, really.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1028 on: February 20, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »

I finally take the time to listen to some of their shows for once...
And all I can say is EVERYTHING.
I mean fuck, an episode of that wizard show, they spend the ENTIRE time being all definite on good vs evil, all like there is ALWAYS a definate line between the two, and as if they couldn't piss me off more, ALL of the damn protagonists go ahead and emotionally torture a group of children who they had recently turned to fruit by threatening them with a painful death! I mean fuck, this is obscene! And that's just one episode...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 20, 2011, 11:34:41 pm »

Ooookay.. So what you are saying.. they lost their.. magic?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #1030 on: February 20, 2011, 11:36:47 pm »

I mean fuck, an episode of that wizard show, they spend the ENTIRE time being all definite on goo vs evil, all like there is ALWAYS a definate line between the two,

That's pretty much everything. It's much easier to watch 30 guys get shot if you know they're totally evil. Disney shows are only especially sadistic because they're morality tales.

I'm more angry about the Disney Vault.

aka Animation Guantanamo.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 20, 2011, 11:37:01 pm »

Disney's been pretty bad for awhile now, with their only good stuff being what Pixar's done, really.

Please, please don't try and give any Pixar credit to Disney. Disney owns them, that's it. They work autonomously.

And, uh... 'Disney is dead to me' seems a mite bit of an over-reaction.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 20, 2011, 11:37:12 pm »

The movies we grew up on had stuff that could be just as bad. Stealing someones voice and what might have been a small part of their soul? Showing a nation burning and being oppressed after a successful coup? Showing innocent civilians dying in droves as a monster tears through a city? Little Mermaid, Lion King, and Hercules, respectively. Yes, I'd love to see more of the old stuff over what kids now get, but I have to admit that I'm a victim of nostalgia.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 20, 2011, 11:37:39 pm »

I finally take the time to listen to some of their shows for once...
And all I can say is EVERYTHING.
I mean fuck, an episode of that wizard show, they spend the ENTIRE time being all definite on good vs evil, all like there is ALWAYS a definate line between the two, and as if they couldn't piss me off more, ALL of the damn protagonists go ahead and emotionally torture a group of children who they had recently turned to fruit by threatening them with a painful death! I mean fuck, this is obscene! And that's just one episode...

Are... are you serious? You realise their stuff is aimed at children, right? Why would you go into a Disney film expecting anything /but/ a clear delineation of good and evil? I dunno if you've noticed but children generally aren't known for their interest in exploring deep moral and philosophical quandaries.

edit: fix spelling error
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:40:19 pm by LordNagash »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1034 on: February 20, 2011, 11:39:33 pm »

Are... are you serious? You realise their stuff is aimed at children, right? Why would you go into a Disney film expecting anything /but/ a clear delineation of good and evil? I dunno if you've noticed but children generally aren't know for their interest in exploring deep moral and philosophical quandaries.
Eugh, maybe your right...
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 3345