Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705325 times)

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #660 on: January 14, 2011, 04:01:18 pm »

There's been famous bad popular books before and there will be over and over.

And this makes me rage even harder. Every time a book becomes popular enough to be commented on by the media, I groan, because it's seldom any good and almost always written at a sixth-grade level, right down to the lowest common denominator ('Sup, Dan Brown, you worthless hack?). I just want to tell these people to go back to their fucking TV and low-grade games and get the hell out of literature because they obviously have no idea what words are for, they wouldn't get three fucking pages into the good shit written by Niven or Asimov or Poul Anderson or James fucking Clavell or even that pervert Piers Anthony. They couldn't grasp Peter Straub if their lives depended on it, and George R. R. Martin would only confuse them.

Back when Stephen King knew how to write and got movies made based on the good shit, at least most of the people commenting understood that the books required literacy to comprehend. These days about the only people making movies based on good books that aren't for kids are the ones at HBO (and no, I'm not counting I, Robot, which gangraped Asimov's corpse).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 14, 2011, 04:06:10 pm »

if anybody has any ideas of how to hurt the universe.

Conduct a public reading of Twilight.

You know what makes me rage? This.

It's a bad book people. That's it. It's not some kind of intellectual cancer. There's been famous bad popular books before and there will be over and over. The people making such a huge deal out of it are at least twice as annoying as the fans. Because lets face it. At least the fans are acting positively.

It is Eugenitor, just ignore him and report when he goes over the line.

(Not that I dissagree mind you, people hating things has gotten way out of hand. Still it can be fun, take a rabid anti [insert tween pop sensation] and ask them why they hate him/her/it, make sure to point out basic logic flaws! One time after some hemming and hawing a got a answer that was "I hate Justen Beaver because he does not speak german.")

IMAGE SHACK NOT UPLOADING MY NEW AVATAR MAKES ME RAGGGGGGE
what about img.ie?

Hummmm.... I am trying that but I am having issues getting past the anti spam measure.

Apparently I am a spam bot and did not even notice.

Edit: Really, what the heck is this crap recaptcha? I would post a pic here but....

This is the worst set of Recaptacsasdanaksjlgbkjlagjklnaljksdhgkljan I have ever seen.

Edit: Aaaaaaaand now it say there is no such user as Criptfeind but my email is still "already in use" so I can not make another.

Edit: Look at that loss of quality, even paint does better. I think I am going to go off and cry.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:29:47 pm by Criptfeind »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 15, 2011, 07:28:00 pm »

And no- Books are for people of every literary status. The fact that I can get my cousin to read and enjoy books is great. Sure, I handed him a Terry Pratchett, and he more or less gave it back immediately. But I've got him reading the Space Wolves Omnibus, and he likes it.

Besides, some books are bad for some people, and good for others. A lot of people feel that Twilight is a good book. And it's making people who don't usually read- read.

The reason why people think Twilight is such a bad book, is mostly because it idealises the exact wrong qualities in pretty much everyone. It fucks all over the vampire and werewolf mythos, and, more importantly, it's a sappy romance book.
Now, I refused to insult Twilight until I'd read it for myself. And I have to say, the writing quality isn't that bad. The problem is the characters. Bella is just... A spoilt bitch. And she doesn't really change at all. She just meets a vampire, which is 'cool' enough to meet her incredible standards. And Edward is the 'perfect' guy. Which is something else I completely hate.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 15, 2011, 08:07:03 pm »

they obviously have no idea what words are for, they wouldn't get three fucking pages into the good shit written by Niven or Asimov or Poul Anderson or James fucking Clavell or even that pervert Piers Anthony. They couldn't grasp Peter Straub if their lives depended on it, and George R. R. Martin would only confuse them.

Back when Stephen King knew how to write and got movies made based on the good shit, at least most of the people commenting understood that the books required literacy to comprehend. These days about the only people making movies based on good books that aren't for kids are the ones at HBO (and no, I'm not counting I, Robot, which gangraped Asimov's corpse).

Amen! I love A Song of Ice and Fire!

I have raeged at several other things today

1. I was watching a second rate western today when my sister walks by, takes the remote, and changes the channel. Then gets upset when I make her change the channel back. THis is after I spent the last 4 yearts being forced to watch Treehouse and Family Channel (Which is the most cynical corporation I have ever seen).

2. Having to write my partners part of a French project because he has procrastinated two other summatives until this weekend.

3. In real Life. That show is the worst. None of them know jack, and they all act faux happy and whine about every little thing. I wanted to go on there a whup the whole of them.

/RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 15, 2011, 08:36:25 pm »

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:36:56 am by ThreeToe »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 15, 2011, 08:44:28 pm »

I played like that once in Mafia, Muz accused me of being a troll.

/rage

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 15, 2011, 08:59:41 pm »

Got pulled away from my Alien Swarming with Soli and friends because my mother wanted me to come and listen to some inspirational speaker dude. Went, expecting to be bored, and was instead outright offended.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 15, 2011, 09:02:45 pm »

How so?
*Hugs*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 15, 2011, 09:28:52 pm »

Bought a bag of chips. Less than a 1/3 of it was actually chips.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 15, 2011, 09:31:18 pm »

How so?

The Christian arrogance vis a vis helping people. Clearly God is the only way people can live to their full potential, and without him you're doomed to a suicidal existence that isn't truly life bluh bluh bluh. Of course, this all skirts quietly around the fact that all of the heathen world, y'know, hasn't collapsed.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 15, 2011, 09:31:26 pm »

Was the rest poop?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 15, 2011, 09:32:39 pm »

Was the rest poop?
Air. But it was a fairly large bag. I was kinda expecting more. Then again, for a dollar, I shouldn't have had my hopes up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 15, 2011, 09:43:30 pm »

It took my about forty seconds to realize that you meant crisps there.
*Hugs*

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 15, 2011, 09:48:50 pm »

Oh Britain, you so funny.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 15, 2011, 10:00:05 pm »

Hah. Language.

A lot of Americans find it strange that we call Fries Chips... And Chips... Chips.

Doesn't lead to as much confusion as you'd think.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 3345