Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696221 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: $1.50 is fine Edition
« Reply #9690 on: March 14, 2012, 03:04:57 pm »

So I sign into a client's machine, and notice there's an untitled text document sitting on the desktop. Mistakenly, I think it's one of our's since we usually leave text docs open on people's PCs after we're done working. So I open it. And this is what it says:

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Desktops at your work place are a great place to express your political beliefs, nonsensical though they may be. :|

The proper response of course, is to change out their wallpaper with some gay pride rainbow logos.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: March 14, 2012, 03:21:36 pm »

Close friend got beat up by homophobes earlier >,..,<

* The Merchant Of Menace gets her castrating knife

Can I help? With the revenge/avenging/whatever, I mean. I'm really good with fire. :P

you in Britain?

I'm not homosexual, but I hate people who think that their way is better than others'

now... where did I put my shurikens...

No, but I'm only an hour away from a city with a major airport. :P

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #9692 on: March 14, 2012, 03:24:19 pm »

Close friend got beat up by homophobes earlier >,..,<

* The Merchant Of Menace gets her castrating knife

Can I help? With the revenge/avenging/whatever, I mean. I'm really good with fire. :P

you in Britain?

I'm not homosexual, but I hate people who think that their way is better than others'

now... where did I put my shurikens...

No, but I'm only an hour away from a city with a major airport. :P

o_o;

I was meeting up with my friend of 12 years, who's done ju-jitsu for 8 years and can bench several times his own weight, I think they've had quite enough punishment already.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: March 14, 2012, 03:24:51 pm »

Quiet you! You don't get a say :P
*Hugs*

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9694 on: March 14, 2012, 06:00:45 pm »

Operative word is 'can'.

Also, the bacteria type is different ;3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #9695 on: March 14, 2012, 06:08:47 pm »

That dettol advert for the pumpless soap dispensor.

'soap pumps can harbor millions of germs'

yes... you use an antibacterial handwash, right?
Q.E.D. you don't need said pumpless soap dispensor, because the bacteria from the soap pump you touched will be killed by the soap!

also, the 'your cutting boards can harbour more bacteria than a toilet seat!'

we don't all die of diarrhoea, do we?
Are you me!? O:

I say that every time I watch that damn ad. You don't need to worry about germs on your soap pump, because you're F*****G WASHING YOUR HANDS SECONDS AFTER TOUCHING IT!!!!!!!

And yes, your chopping board has more bacteria than a toilet seat, so clearly this bacteria is not so bad, else we'd all be vomiting our lungs up.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: March 14, 2012, 06:18:01 pm »

So I'm on the way home. I see a cop turning on to my street ahead of me to the right. And I know I'm getting pulled over. If I'm ever within 15 feet of a cop car while in my vehicle, I'm getting stopped.

Sure enough, he pulls me over for no front license plate. Luckily, he's willing to accept that my front bumper is solid fiberglass and running mounting screws into it would destroy it. Previously cops have said "Not my problem, get a new bumper or I'll write you a ticket the next time I see you."

He even blatantly admits that it's "a bullshit reason to pull you over just to see what you're doing."

So he lets me off with (several) warnings, about my bumper, no proof of insurance in the car with me, no seatbelt and oh, no "obstructing your vision with stuff dangling from your rearview mirror." Never mind that the several old necklaces are about a pencil width thick and hanging behind the mirror.

But hey, 4 warnings in one traffic stop? I was considering myself lucky. Compared to most of my interactions with cops, this one was pretty nice.

So afterwards I stop to get gas. And I stand at the pump for about 3 minutes looking stupid before someone comes up and says "Sorry, we make people without license plates pre-pay before they fuel up."

My face, and the several beads of sweat running down it, must have said it all because she came to a dead stop when I quietly replied "I have plates." They cut me a break but it still required me going into the store, twice, once for her to tell me I couldn't pre-pay because the pump was engaged, and once to pay.

While I do love my piece of shit car, the thing is just a fucking trouble magnet. I'm shocked and amazed I've never had my windows broken. Because every other law abiding citizen seems to enjoy fucking with me over that car. I've had....quite a few dealings with local police officers over the course of my life, but I think I've been pulled over more in my Honda than in all other cars I've ever ridden in, combined.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:23:42 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19:51 pm »

Why is your bumper solid fiberglass. That doesn't sound entirely good in the first place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9698 on: March 14, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

You should live in Pennsylvania - you only need one license plate, and on the rear.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: March 14, 2012, 06:29:37 pm »

Part of a body kit package that I didn't do myself. While it is not exactly crash safe, it does take about 75ish pounds off my curb weight...oh, and it also says "Pull me over!"
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: March 14, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »

Part of a body kit package that I didn't do myself. While it is not exactly crash safe, it does take about 75ish pounds off my curb weight...oh, and it also says "Pull me over!"
Except in Pennsylvania.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9701 on: March 14, 2012, 06:34:36 pm »

Pennsylvania - Land of Who Cares.

I saw the above in one of the bathrooms stalls on a random highway in PA.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: March 14, 2012, 06:36:16 pm »

I've been in states where your license plate isn't an issue. It doesn't really help. Being in a state with no front license plate laws just means they hand you an even more infuriating bullshit excuse when they stop you. My favorites are "dirty license plate" and "your tint is too dark."

Although PA does sound like it's got a serious case of "don't give a fuck." In the midwest, cops have a lot less to do, so they have more free time to play games protect and serve.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: March 14, 2012, 06:46:31 pm »

When keeping it Dwarfy goes wrong.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9704 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:34 pm »

A lot less.

Think nuclear.

Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 3345