Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694493 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: $1.50 is fine Edition
« Reply #9420 on: March 01, 2012, 06:07:36 pm »

(Disclaimer : my post was not related tothe above. It was something elsewhere)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: March 01, 2012, 06:08:14 pm »

Yeah I figured, I just had that all typed up before you posted. You're some sort of beholderninja.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: March 01, 2012, 06:09:12 pm »

Dude's a cacodemon.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I saw this on Boing Boing. Sorta ROFL RAGE.
Rich people complaining about how little they can afford.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/wall-street-bonus-withdrawal-means-trading-aspen-for-cheap-chex.html
I'd be happy to relieve the stress of their money from them.

My favorite part is the very end.

“These people never dreamed they’d be making $500,000 a year,” he said, “and dreamed even less that they’d be broke.”

Heh... being forced to abandon petty luxuries that cost more than an average person's entire yearly salary is not the same as being broke.  To say such a thing is to admit being completely disconnected from reality.  I think the majority of today's upper class have no concept of their own gravity.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

I saw this on Boing Boing. Sorta ROFL RAGE.
Rich people complaining about how little they can afford.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/wall-street-bonus-withdrawal-means-trading-aspen-for-cheap-chex.html
I'd be happy to relieve the stress of their money from them.

My favorite part is the very end.

“These people never dreamed they’d be making $500,000 a year,” he said, “and dreamed even less that they’d be broke.”

Heh... being forced to abandon petty luxuries that cost more than an average person's entire yearly salary is not the same as being broke.  To say such a thing is to admit being completely disconnected from reality.  I think the majority of today's upper class have no concept of their own gravity.
Mitt Romney as an example, is hilarious in his efforts to relate to people who haven't lived their entire lives rich.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: March 02, 2012, 01:01:43 am »

This was pretty petty of me, but today I got mad at someone for saying that their religion was the one true religion.
I don't really believe in a faith myself and they were talking in class about "We believe" this and "we believe" that.
I was aggravated and told them it was only like that from their point of view and that even other
denominations of christians believed different things.
They said that those people weren't "real christians".
Like, ARRRGH! So frustrating!
Why must religious people discriminate against each other like that? It wouldn't kill them to actually accept others.

Some subjects get me kinda riled up.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: March 02, 2012, 01:21:19 am »

Depending on their religion, some of them DO believe that accepting others would send them to hell. I'm not helping, am I?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: March 02, 2012, 01:26:23 am »

So after putting up with and/or answering some of the easiest, stupidest questions I've ever had to answer about an online game for FOUR FUCKING HOURS today, I quit my Runescape clan. The last straw was when I logged on and the first thing I saw in the clan chatbox was "Jagex needs to find something to base their game on besides PvP." If you have played this game for ANY nontrivial amount of time you should know by now that 10-15% of the game, MAXIMUM, is PvP-oriented. Other complaints I had to listen to today included:
"If Jagex changes Bandos armour, I'm quitting." (this person not only does not have Bandos armour, but it has already been confirmed that the appearance will change this month - like nearly every other piece of armour in the game)
"Why does the bonus experience go down over 8 hours? That's fucking stupid." (every March and September there's a Bonus EXP weekend, during which most skill-based actions earn 2.7x the normal amount of experience, decreasing to 1.1x over the course of 8 hours logged in - can you figure out why this is a stupid complaint?)
"The 10M store credit prize is stupid. Why can't we just have 10M coins instead?" (a recent update introduced a daily prize wheel - one or two spins a day per player, one of the major prizes being 10 million gold; contrary to popular belief, this actually is 10 million gold, and NOT store credit)
So I quit in a blind screaming rage and am refusing to join a clan ever again unless I make one myself.

Also, I've come to the realization that while I can tolerate or even like individual persons, I hate people in general with a seething passion. Bay12 is the only large community I can have any degree of positive feelings towards at this point.
くコ:彡

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: March 02, 2012, 01:31:45 am »

Quitting MMO's is the second healthiest thing you can do!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:09 am »

cutting for scroll space - you're welcome, people with small screens
Oh man, Runescape. I'm... not sure if I should really go into this, since it's a fairly long and involved rant that may or may not devolve into utterly insane rambling incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't played that game.

For a tl;dr: Sturgeon's Law. 90% of the community is pretty much shit. Very, very loud shit. And, depending on your point of view, the law can also be applied to the devs and their near-weekly releases.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: March 02, 2012, 01:38:04 am »

Yeah, I played Runescape for years; I quit when I realised I wasn't actually having any fun.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: March 02, 2012, 02:07:09 am »

Same here.
The thing that really gets me was that once I went on the Gamefaqs reviews page for it and I saw a bunch of low scores and I thought "Wow how could anyone not like this game?"
Nowadays it's flipped turnways: "Wow how could anyone like this game?"
That's just me though, some people I know still play it. Mostly out of obligation to others.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: March 02, 2012, 07:33:25 am »

Oi bullshit body don't get sick today, im suppose to be happy today damnit.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: March 02, 2012, 09:32:44 am »

Vladimir Putin is about to become God-Emperor President of Russia for the 3rd time.

"Look at your President, Russia. Now back at me. Now at Medvedev. Now me. Sadly, he's not me, but he can be once this election is over. Anything is possible when you vote Putin. I'm on a horse."

Vladimir Putin: Rule like a man, man.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: March 02, 2012, 10:51:01 am »

GUAARRRRGH I HATE WHEN EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT WHAT THEY HATE AND WHEN GAMES ARE BEING BORING AND USELESS! RAAAARGH!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 3345